Pricing Appears Up........for 2008/09

Hey Jim, when is your next cruise? One of these days we are going to have to cruise together again. Carol and I are doing Med cruise this fall.

Just booked Brilliance for 11 day Panama Canal for next spring. Prices for it were higher than the Med cruise.

Hey Jeff good to hear from you.........we have Canada/New England booked on the Granduer in September...........if you still have my email fire me an email when you have a chance and I'll tell you what we have booked through october of 2008:D

Have you been checking the prices on the new releases???????? WOW......

You have mail Kathy.........let me know if I can answer any questions.

Thanks Jim.......

Whoops....is the RD the Radiance? I am spending 15 days on her starting 9/28 and would love to know if there is something I should be concerned about....let me know if you need my e-mail too.

No, all is good...........sorry for the scare....

Hey Jeff good to hear from you.........we have Canada/New England booked on the Granduer in September...........if you still have my email fire me an email when you have a chance and I'll tell you what we have booked through october of 2008:D

Have you been checking the prices on the new releases???????? WOW......

Hey there, did you all decide on something for the fall of 2008? email me at your convenience.

We just booked Hawaii 9/26/08...downsized this trip to a D1 Hump. The cost for that is what we paid for our JS on our Hawaii cruise last year. I think it's a little outrageous!!

We ended up booking the Grandeur again the 11 night repo cruise from Baltimore to Tampa in October of 2008..........I just sent you the details.:)

I saw that GR repo last night..some pretty neat and different ports..........

We're looking at the JW repo(Bos-Mia--Oct 28th) ,the JW TA(Sept8th) or maybe Alaska in May(Rhapsody RT outta Seattle).

Kathy we looked at that one as well...........the Jewel is great........but they dropped Bermuda off of that repo (from last year) and don't get in to San Juan until 5pm then leave at midnight........why bother:rolleyes:

Take a strong look at the Grandeur repo.........Roll call is started:D Would love to have you join us.

So for everyone who HAS BOOKED...........how do you think you came out price wise?????

I figure we probably paid about $300pp more vs. last year for a similar cruise which would make our increase about 15 % more..........

So I guess you can look at real dollars.........$300pp or percent increase........but it was definetly higher.

So for everyone who HAS BOOKED...........how do you think you came out price wise?????

I figure we probably paid about $300pp more vs. last year for a similar cruise which would make our increase about 15 % more..........

So I guess you can look at real dollars.........$300pp or percent increase........but it was definetly higher.

For our Explorer Canada/NE cruise, the prices went up SIGNIFICANTLY from last year to this year. Same ship, same itinerary, both summer sailings:

2007 JS $1649/1st & 2nd, $599/3rd & 4th

2008 JS $2449/1st & 2nd, $799/3rd & 4th

($2000 difference)

2007 GS $2649/1st & 2nd, $499/3rd & 4th

2008 GS $3049/1st & 2nd, $799/3rd & 4th

($1400 total difference)

We booked the GS but were extremely disappointed in the increase.:eek:

I have not booked and was planning on making 2 bookings to during my cruise in 3 weeks.

With the change in how they are doing the west coast repos I am not sure what I am going to do.

They last few years there have been good deals booking early. It does not look like that is the case at this time. It looks like it is time to go back to the strategy of wait to see what they drop prices on to fill the ships.

At least now we have the Nextcruise program so we can still get the OBC's. There value is just a little diminished with the price increases.

I have not booked and was planning on making 2 bookings to during my cruise in 3 weeks.

With the change in how they are doing the west coast repos I am not sure what I am going to do.

They last few years there have been good deals booking early. It does not look like that is the case at this time. It looks like it is time to go back to the strategy of wait to see what they drop prices on to fill the ships.

At least now we have the Nextcruise program so we can still get the OBC's. There value is just a little diminished with the price increases.

Hi John!!!! We considered the wait and see approach but had our eye on some cabins we really wanted..........you know if this general price increase backfires on them so to speak they sure will have to adjust a lot of prices for those that did bite the bullet and already booked. It will be interesting to see how this pans out for both RC and the consumer.

I sure hope there are adjustments down the road! My salary isn't going up the percentage that the rates are rising!

We booked our last cruise (Radiance 6 night Dec 06) and were back on Dec. 23 because this was much more economical than booking a cruise during the summer. Forget the Xmas sailing, that is way too outrageous! We have a teen son and have to cruise when prices are at a premium due to school schedule :( How I wish his school would adopt year-round school scheduling so we could take advantage of those rates that are up to 50% off the summer premium!!

We booked Thanksgiving 07 aboard the Navigator (another 6 night) because, once again, the summer prices are so steep.

We'd love to try the Freedom or Liberty, but we just can't justify that extravagance!

Travel agents can't discount RCI prices like they can with other lines. We love RCI, but we too will begin considering other lines so we can sail more often. It's too bad too since we'd love to cruise twice a year, but it's too pricey now.

With even more and larger ships on the horizon, you have to wonder if supply will be much greater than demand before long!

With even more and larger ships on the horizon, you have to wonder if supply will be much greater than demand before long!

Some of us have been saying that for over 25 years!

In reality cruise prices have gone down not up in the last 30 years.

In 1978 we paid 1000pp for an 11 night cruise. If you figure the value of those dollars it was expensive.

These attempts to raise the basic cost happen every few years.

I just booked a 14 Night Radiance for Sept 2008 , Alaska and Pacific Coast Repo to San Diego. I was able to get stateroom 8088 on the bump. Total cost was 4203 USD for 2 of us, which is the 2nd most expensive cruise I have booked (sailed 17 and have 3 more booked) The most expensive being a 17 night on HAL.

I considered X for this cruise, but when I checked the ships my first choice for Staterooms had already disspeared on day one and I am hesitant to book the millenium class again due to the Pods.

I will hope for an adjustment .... we shall see.

We've been waiting for the July bookings to open since february and when they finally did I picked myself up off the floor and quickly went back to see what was available for April vacation. We saved over $1600. I love the hot weather but the prices seemed so high. What should we expect for weather on the Liberty sailing to the western caribean in April?

Archived