Pricing Appears Up........for 2008/09

I am also trying to find a reasonable price for the Panama Canal cruise. I got such a great rate for this years Hawaii cruise. Booked last April for this coming Oct and want to do the same for Panama Canal but the price is through the roof.

Hi Jim,remember me from the Caribbean Princess? Any tips for me to do in Hawaii? You can email me if you want. reennee2@aol.com

I have a question.....Why are the prices for the Eastbound Panama Canal itineraries so much ($200 p/p or so) higher than the Westbound itineraries? Any ideas?:)

In any case we just booked W/B for good cabin selection.

I was surprised also that prices are up that much for Explorer out of Bayonne also for 2008 but I booked anyway as I'm afraid they will go even higher like all my 2007 ones have done since I booked them last year. I guess I shouldn't really be that surprised as everything has gone up such as food, fuel, cleaning supplies, etc. C & A discounts will help a little but I do not think the prices will go down much in 2008. :o

I am also trying to find a reasonable price for the Panama Canal cruise. I got such a great rate for this years Hawaii cruise. Booked last April for this coming Oct and want to do the same for Panama Canal but the price is through the roof.

We are leaving next week for the Radiance Panama Canal. It was booked about 9 months ago and at the time I felt the price was high. It has not gone down and the ship is full. :eek:

I can't believe on the Caribbean from Norfolk it is $899 for 3rd and 4th person in an inside cabin. I had planned to not cruise in January and wait for summer so I could take my grandson. $899 is a little out of my price range for extra people.

It's funny, we were talking about this same thing yesterday at work. I honestly thought w/the requirement of passports for next year to cruise, that the price of cruising may go down since not everyone will be able to get a passport. ie...people who owe back child support, warrant out on them or if it is a potential probation violation, things like that. So I was thinking that this may cause the rates to go down since not everyone can go now. Guess I was wrong? :o

We booked Radiance of the Seas last year for March 2008. Today the price for our E2 cabin is $180 more pp. That is an increase of about 16%. We saw the same thing last year on our NOS Eastern cruise. We booked it 20 months early and 11 monts out we saw that it had gone up significantly. Book very early is the secret as far as I am concerned.

Even booking early.......prices are still up in MOST cases 15 to 20%. I booked the granduer for Canada/New England 14 months in advance......same cruise just released out of Norfolk is 19% more:eek:

A GS on the Explorer for Aug. 08 (for 3 people) is $2,300 more than what I booked last April for this Aug. 07. The D1 balcony is almost the same price as my GS for this year. Seems booking early this year isn't doing much good. Wonder how the prices will be out of FL for the Freedom and Liberty for summer 08? It may pay to go down there and cruise although I love the convenience of a 20 minute ride to Bayonne.

I am so disapointed with the 08 Bermuda choices. :( We really wanted to sail there in 08 but if we do it won't be with RCI, they just don't stay long enough on the island. I wonder why they dropped the 7 night itineraries that gave passengers multiple days on Bermuda?

I am so disapointed with the 08 Bermuda choices. :( We really wanted to sail there in 08 but if we do it won't be with RCI, they just don't stay long enough on the island. I wonder why they dropped the 7 night itineraries that gave passengers multiple days on Bermuda?

I'm with you masterbaker!!! :( I was ready to book an extended family cruise to Bermuda yesterday, with six cabins. That was until we found out it was only for 5 nights. :eek: We all are very disappointed with RCCL too!!! :mad:

I called Celebrity yesterday to ask about their 2008 Bermuda cruises and the rep didn't know when it will be released. I checked this morning and its still not showing up.
I've been looking for those too.................wonder when we'll see them...

I called Celebrity yesterday to ask about their 2008 Bermuda cruises and the rep didn't know when it will be released. I checked this morning and its still not showing up.

And when we see the prices, we will probably go into shock! Journey 07 cruises for 7 nights were a lot higher than the RCI 7 nights for the 07 season. I'm hoping that NCL will bring one of the newbuilds into Bermuda for 08 now.

And when we see the prices, we will probably go into shock! Journey 07 cruises for 7 nights were a lot higher than the RCI 7 nights for the 07 season. I'm hoping that NCL will bring one of the newbuilds into Bermuda for 08 now.

We checked the Journey........thought a real small ship might be a new experience..........WOW........they did have those cruises priced up there.:eek:

Archived