Are all cruises equal to count towards 10

David-n-Rita

Hi,

Anybody know about the special status after 10 Carnival cruises? Do 3 or 4 day cruises count as 1, as well as 7 day cruises? Also if you book a back to back cruise, lets say two 7 day cruises where you are staying on the ship for the second cruise, does that count as 1 cruise or 2 towards the total?

Just curious...

Hi,

Anybody know about the special status after 10 Carnival cruises? Do 3 or 4 day cruises count as 1, as well as 7 day cruises? Also if you book a back to back cruise, lets say two 7 day cruises where you are staying on the ship for the second cruise, does that count as 1 cruise or 2 towards the total?

Just curious...

each one is it's own.........CTN, 3 day....7 day

Hi,

Just curious...

Each sailing will count as one. We even had one sailing in which we left the ship due to a hurricane (used the Carnival guarantee) and it still counted as one of our cruises. I have heard that the cruises to nowhere also count.

When booking multiple cabins, the persons staying in the other cabins will get the credit for the cruise. Doesn't matter who pays for it. When I booked my 2 teens in their own cabin for our Miracle cruise they even had a different booking number even tho I booked both cabins at the same time with the same TA.

Back to backs should also be counted as 2 cruises. I don't see why they wouldn't since you have to get new S&S cards for the 2nd cruise. You don't have to remove your stuff but you still have to check in again for the 2nd cruise altho I don't think you have to go out and stand in all the lines again.

The fairest way to credit people would be to base Platinum status on total number of days cruised, instead of the current per cruise method.

It definitely stinks that someone could take a 14 day European cruise, another person takes a 8 day southern Caribbean cruise and I take a 3 day Bahamas cruise and we all get credit for 1 cruise.

It should be something like 40-50 days cruised........

Bill

We have taken 6 cruises with Carnival and 2 with Princess. SInce they are owned by the same company, should we get credit for 8 cruises on our Carnival past guest acct? It only shows the 6 Carnival cruises when I go into my account online.

We have taken 6 cruises with Carnival and 2 with Princess. SInce they are owned by the same company, should we get credit for 8 cruises on our Carnival past guest acct? It only shows the 6 Carnival cruises when I go into my account online.

Differnt past guest programs on each, 6 on one 2 on the other. Although both lines are owned by Carnival corp, they are totally different business entities.

no. and that is something i wish they wld change (i bet many wish they wld change), but i guess then they might have too many platinum members w/ every cruiser from every line under carnival corps purview tallying the total for all lines.

Carnival Cruise Lines Rolls Out New Past Guest Loyalty Program spacer.gif 05/18/2006 spacer.gif MIAMI (May 18, 2006) – Carnival Cruise Lines has introduced a new loyalty program providing past guests with a variety of value-added benefits and features, including priority embarkation and debarkation, guaranteed supper club reservations and dining times, personalized stationery and custom-designed Carnival logo items.

Available exclusively to “Platinum” cardholders who have sailed aboard the “Fun Ships” 10 or more times, the new “Carnival Concierge Club” benefits are designed to recognize and reward those longtime Carnival guests for their loyalty over the years.

“Carnival is committed to the highest standards of guest service and hospitality. The new ‘Carnival Concierge Club’ is just one more way of showing our appreciation to our loyal past guests by making their ‘Fun Ship’ cruise even more special and memorable,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Platinum cardholders are entitled to the following shipboard benefits and features:

* Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin one evening

* Personalized stationery

* A special Carnival logo item

* Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

* Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack tournament

* Spa Carnival priority reservations and complimentary treatment upgrade

* Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

* Priority tender boarding

* Priority embarkation and debarkation

Additionally, a fully staffed concierge desk for Platinum cardholders has been established at the purser’s information desk aboard every Carnival ship. A dedicated phone line is available fleetwide, as well.

Special luggage tags indicating guests are “Carnival Concierge Club” members are included in guests’ cruise documents. “Carnival Concierge Club” members also receive a special Welcome Aboard letter from Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson detailing the exclusive amenities and privileges available during their cruise.

For additional information on the new “Carnival Concierge Club” and reservations on Carnival’s “Fun Ship” cruises, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

I think it's a total ripppppppppp that Carnival doesn't determine VIP based on cruise days booked vs. number of cruises booked. I'm getting penalized for booking the long cruises... while those getting a quickie are benifited.

I know my wife prefers length over a short one...

For me, I like it that any cruise counts as one, as I live 8 miles away from Long Beach Port - so, I take adavantage of it.

But I have two more Carnival Cruises before I get VIP.. And yes, as a solo cruise and spending big $$ on S&S, I've earned it!

I became platinum in September, on my 10th cruise, I love it!! Since then, I sailed on the Freedom Inaugural, and now have 4 more Carnival cruises booked, and hope they decide to come out with Titanium or something, lol. They don't have anything for 20+ cruises, which stinks.

Archived