It looks like Carnival changed the beverage policy again!

jebneb65

The policy appears to have changed just prior to spring break, and then reverted back just after....guess they didn't want to lose the under 21 revenue of the spring breakers. Bet the person who came up with this marketing ploy got a real nice bonus....generate extra revenue at peak season, and remove it when the native get restless...just after spring break. I'm curious to see if they do this again at Thanksgving and Xmas...

The policy appears to have changed just prior to spring break, and then reverted back just after....guess they didn't want to lose the under 21 revenue of the spring breakers. Bet the person who came up with this marketing ploy got a real nice bonus....generate extra revenue at peak season, and remove it when the native get restless...just after spring break. I'm curious to see if they do this again at Thanksgving and Xmas...
But that would have only have worked if they had ENFORCED it; it doesn't appear they did. :rolleyes:

Who gets the last laugh? There are probably a few cruisers avoiding Carnival while this issue shakes out. I think there are quite a few folks who will pick lines with less restrictive policies or a land vacation where this is never an issue rather than try to guess what Carnival will do the week they cruise.

It may turn out to be bad policy to flip flop; but as long as the ships are mostly full, it probably won't matter. But it does seem quite a few folks noticed.

and it ticked off a lot of people with them threatening to remove passenger who try to bring liquor on board and they would have to pay for their own way home. Of course, this never happened but it caused some cancellations and a lot of passengers getting on board with a chip on their shoulder, me included. Just the treat made the cruise less than enjoyable. We had no problem bringing bottles onboard from various ports. They only seemed to ask people with boxes to have them held but bottles in carry ons were scanned and ignored.

We have never carried anything on board. I do plan on taking my own water this time because of my dietary restrictions, and regular water burns my stomach. So i am taking a couple 6 packs of Propel. May just end up taking the powder packets withme and buying my water on board. It does not matter to me. We do not drink alcohol so we buy the fountain fun pass for my daughter, and one for us to share. the take my water to fill in with. I drink a lot of tea, and my end up taking my own tea bags with me since I drink special herb teas. But then again, I may just skip it all. I don't know yet. I still have a little over 4 months to decide since we don't sail till sept 15.

Per my Carnival PVP this is exactly why they did it.

Just in the dining room; be aware that finding a corkscrew can be a problem; either bring your own or take your bottle down to a bar

Will the x-rays and screeners not consider the corkscrew to be a dangerous weapon? Has anybody tried this recently?? If airports can consider nailclippers dangerous, how far to cruise ships take their security concerns??

Just posted on another thread.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/cruiselog/...al_revers.html

Good news, soda-aholics. You again can bring your own stash of Cokes, Pepsis and other sodas on board Carnival ships (and avoid the line's hefty onboard charges for the drinks). The mass market line is reversing a three-week-old ban that caused an uproar among Carnival regulars.

If Carnival spent 1/100th the time worring about smuggled liquor as some of the moral police on this board, there'd be no off-site alcohol on board.

It's obvious Carnival is not concerned. But many CC'ers really do care. :eek: :rolleyes:

Since there is a 21 to sail alone age policy, how are so many spring breakers who are under 21 getting on board and being able to buy alcohol on board other than with fake ID's? Spring breakers are not going to take mom and dad with them. they want to get away from their parents.

So smuggling is popular among them. Why not make the policy that during Spring Break weeks, put the ban on, then afterwards remove it for regular guest.

Makes sense to me.

I have no problem with the water on board, and will probably buy a soda card, but I will bring some red bull in my carry on. They are $5 onboard and I like to drink one to help me stay awake for all the late night activities.

I have gotten away with re-filling water bottles with other clear liquids on a different cruise line.

My favorite Diet soda is A&W Diet Rootbeer. Now that it is O.K. I may bring a few, since I can't get that on the ship. I seriously hate Diet pop. It is the only kind I can stomach. I try to drink mostly water, because Diet pop still has a lot of sodium.

A few years ago my hubby put a few cans of Pepsi in my suitcase with my shoes. During the flight over one can sprayed soda all over my shoes and it took the dye off my black dress shoes! Won't make that mistake again :(

I can not drink tha much water, so I wanted to take some Propel. My PVP said it would be ok. There is still a limit to take on board. May take a 2 liter or two of Pepsi. My DH prefers Pepsi. My DD will drink almost any regulr soda. We get her the soda card. I also like A&W diet root beer.

Yes like everyone said, that has always been the policy. It appeared in your previous post you were saying something else.

Duck, a few weeks ago someone posted an article that had all of the cruise lines policies on alcohol. That particular article did say that Carnival does not allow people to purchase alcohol while at a port and bring it on the ship for Carnival to hold. It said Carnival would only hold alcohol that was purchased on the ship.

I was thinking *****? I didn't question it then because I figured it was just a bunch of BS since I have bought alcohol while in port on every cruise I have been on.

I can't remember what post the article was on though.

There are a lot of places n the Caribbean, Like St. Thomas, Grand Cayman etc, where you buy the booze and they deliver it to the ship for you . The ship keeps it until the last night of the cruise. Does Carnival NOT do this?

Yes Carnival does do this.

Someone posted an article a while back that says what every cruise lines policy was. In that article it said that Carnival does not allow this. I think the article was wrong. I am still trying to find the post

There are a lot of places n the Caribbean, Like St. Thomas, Grand Cayman etc, where you buy the booze and they deliver it to the ship for you . The ship keeps it until the last night of the cruise. Does Carnival NOT do this?

IF CARNIVAL DOES NOT ALLOW THIS ANYMORE THAN SOMETHING IS WRONG. However, while we were in Belize, upon returning to ship, there was no one to take our alcohol, so i ended up taking it to my room. ALL CRUISES I HAVE BEEN ON, Carnival has a table down on the deck and conviscates all alcohol upon returning to ship and will box it, and send it to your room the last night of the cruise.

However like I said before. The put that ban in place before spring break to prevent under age kids from sneaking on the booze. however, it is not the spring breakers that are jumping ship drunk. it is the 23-40 age group doing that.

On our Freedom Med cruise, we bought liquor in port and just carried it right on. Went through the scanner, they saw it, but they didn't even have the little table set up to confiscate. In fact, the security guard picked it up off the conveyer, and handed it to me gently. :)

On our Freedom Med cruise, we bought liquor in port and just carried it right on. Went through the scanner, they saw it, but they didn't even have the little table set up to confiscate. In fact, the security guard picked it up off the conveyer, and handed it to me gently. :)

That is what I was saying. I never had a problem either. I could have probably carried what I bought directly to my cabin also, but I stopped at the table after they handed me the bag that went through the scanner.

Archived