What to pay to print your digital pictures?

clandt

Hi Christy! I've used both Ofoto (the Kodak site) and Shutterfly in the past. I think it is around 22 cents a print for 4x6 prints, but don't hold me to that. I know you get 10 to 15 free prints when you first open your account. When I changed computers, since I had no way to burn the gajillion pics I had on my OLD computer, I downloaded all of them to Ofoto albums and then had Ofoto burn an archive CD for me - almost 1000 pictures (964 to be exact). They charged $40, but it was well worth it to have them all at hand on the new computer whenever I want them!

TinaLee

I use both snapfish.com and shutterfly.com. With shutterly it pays to buy the prepay card, whatever amount, to reduce the price of standard prints. You can get them online at shutterfly.com or at Bestbuy.

Keep snapping photos, I love my cruise slideshow screensaver. Helps me cope until the next one.

Walmart beats anyone in our city. I know you asked for "on-line" but their price is excellent.

I costs a little more if you use their machine to crop and print than if you give them the disk, flashcard, CD, etc. and come back in an hour.

I have a printer with photo capabilities if I am printing them for other people.

If I am printing them to give as gifts, frame, or to use in some kind of art project, I use one of two sites: http://www.shutterfly.com or http://www.imagestation.com.

It pays to start with shutterfly, because you get some free prints.

I am ordering one of ImageStation's custom albums today, so we will see how it turns out.

You know I have never ever printed one digital picture out of the thousands I have taken.

What do you print them for...to give to people who do not have computers or email?

That's it exactly Chris... sort of. My in-laws have no computer, so if they want copies I just print them on my computer at home. On the other hand, when we cruised on the Grand in March I downloaded all the photos to an album and then sent out invitations for others to view the album. Then, if they wanted any of the shots that THEY appear in, they can order them and have them delivered to their home. Actually, I use the album sharing feature a LOT more than the printing, since I can print my own at home. My husband took 65 (!) pictures of my daughter and her party at prom this year and we just downloaded to an album and had everyone go THERE to look, rather than trying to email all those pics to the whole family (and friends' families).

TinaLee

I've been happy with the quality of prints from ClubPhoto. I don't know what the usual price is, but I think it's around $.24 per 4x6 print. They run sales frequently (and are currently offering prints for $.19 each). ClubPhoto also lets people share albums of photos.

Thanks everyone for some great suggestions.

To answer Chris -- I want to take and post a bunch of pictures in my cube in my office. So when I am having one of those bad days I can just look at my walls and be taken away .......... I also have some empty picture frames, so I thought maybe putting some cruise pictures in some of those!

Christy

I'm off to Costco this morning to have some of our digital photos printed. 19 cents a print which is reasonable,and you get 1 hour service as well. It is just easier to share photos with friends and relatives when they are in an album, than trying to get everyone around a computer, especially at work. Besides, you never know when someone is going to ask to see a picture of your adorable grandchildren......so I am always prepared.

Jan

Hi, I use imagestation.com and find them very good. Usually the price is $0.22 and $1.99 for about a 3 day turn around. Then you will start getting offers for $0.14 and free 5x7. So order a few to see if you like the service, and if you get the offers you will get a lower rate on the next set.

How did you get that price? Our Costco advertises .19 per photo. Stupid me paid .29 at Wal-Mart and the extra fee to crop and edit some of them.

I get almost all of my digital prints printed because I save those memories in photo albums. When people come over and want to see pictures of our vacation, I can't really hand them the digital camera to view them or tell them to look at the computer.

I like Costco for prints and WebShots for online albums.

I burn my pictures to CD and show them through my DVD player on my 8 foot wide front projection screen in my home theater when we really want to experience the memories!

I was surprised to see the 19 cents for Costco. Our Costco in Concord, CA is 14 cents. Don't know why there is a difference. Maybe to make up for the gas prices we have to pay here. :)

Wondering if other prices are different there..

We use Sam's Club for photo prints. They have two self serve machines. One spits out the prints right there. The other is less expensive and the prints come out behind the counter through their standard one hour film developing unit. You don't have to wait an hour it's just where it prints. I think they were .22 and .18 respectively for the 4x6 size.

Yes, Sam's is part of the Wal-Mart evil empire. But they have great prices on jeans and flannel shirts for formal night. (I couldn't resist :D )

memories on tv.. neat little video program that lets you create a slide show of your digital images that will play on 98.4% of dvd players out there. you can even add song or narration before you do the creation of the show.. plus since it takes a regular cd burner and not a dvd burner most have it.. plus it should play in just about any computer that has a dvd player on it

Archived