Do you have cruise booked?

elmorejj

Oh, I didn't feel like I did...just sharing like friends do :). Don't feel badly, as my reply was not intended to make you feel bad, like I said, just friends sharing.

I know what you mean about not much vacation time. My husband use to have 6-8 weeks a year, and now he has about 1 1/2 weeks a year with this new job. Of all my upcoming cruises, he will only be on 2 with me...in Oct, he and I, and in March a family one. We have a 16 year old, so my husband will probably work another 10 years, and I will probably re-enter the workforce when ds goes off to college.

Marie

Wow Marie.. you are my kind of cruiser. Lots of variety on different ships. Some day I hope to have such a nice booked list.

What's next..

HAL Maasdam 10/30/2004 10-night Eastern Carribean (sailing with my daughter)
Princess Sun 02/27/2005 10-night Exotic Carribean (sailing with my best friend)
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 10/16/2005 7-night Eastern Carribean (sailing with my Honey)

I'm thinking about one for May 2005 but it's just in the thinking stage..

Only five booked right now. :D
Westerdam Mediterranean Sept 04 12 days
Infinity Hawaii Dec 04 15 days
Ryndam Mexico March 05 10 Days
Constellation Transatlantic Sep 05 13 Days
Veendam S. Caribbean Nov 05 14 Days
I could be wrong on some of those cruise lengths, but only by a day one way or the other.

Hi:) Heather...I was thinking the same thing as you.....so don't feel bad....I have one booked...sailing next month.......
After that nothing else booked:( ...not sure what I am going to do...maybe that is why I feel a bit green too:rolleyes: ....that is really an ugly color...but I guess sometimes human nature is a strange bird.
Marie, I am glad for you too....and for all those who can cruise, cruise, cruise...
I know I shouldn't whine...this HAL cruise will be my 3rd this year:D ...so, I should be very greatful......and I am, I truely am......but....it seems weird not to have anything on the Horizon!!!
Maybe that is why I need to get more excited about this cruise...cause I have nothing down the road!

[font=Comic Sans MS]Marie, good for you!!! You're going on your own! I'm for that. I wonder if I could do that. Have to give it some thought and ask DH how he'd feel about it. Hmmmm.....[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]Lois, you've [b]only[/b];) been on 3 this year???? boo hoo hoo!:( :D [/font]

Marie-I know you said you couldn't go on the Nov.26 '05 because of your son's b-day.
....Did you ask your son if he would mind?- You need something for Nov. '05 on HAL.

Lois- Do you mean Horizon, as far as you can see or, Horizon, the cruiseship?
.......Do you find much difference between the two lines?

Take care,
Pat.

Oh, Pat...don't tempt me!! I just don't have the heart to be gone for his 18th birthday. I would feel bad, and I DO think he would mind, even though he would probably say he wouldn't....My family already thinks I am ridiculously obssessed, and I am....I think my dh would think I need to be home for his b-day, and I do....I want to...if it weren't for that...I would be there! My dh and I were talking over dinner, and I think maybe I am through for 2005 with the 3 already booked....but who knows, LOL :), there may be one more ;).

Marie

Yes, I don't know if I can swing solo, but I PROMISE I would be a good roomie......You could do your thing, I do my thing, and if we want to come together at times, so beit, if not, no hard feelings...just something to keep in the back of your mind :).

Marie

Me too.. I want to go to Bermuda! I was going to go on the Horizon but switched to the Maasdam instead. Maybe an option for May or June.. Odds are it will be a Solo trip for me as you can see from my list above I have to "find" people to travel with me.

Hi everyone:

We currently have three booked, Galaxy B2B in Oct (14 days), Veendam Nov 05 (14 days), Summit Hawaii March 06.

Hubby and I get 6 weeks plus off each year so we can go three times a year. We are less than 3 years from retiring and decided not to wait until we retire to enjoy what we love. Too many friends are not living long enough to retire. They saved up plenty of cash for retirement and now it is being left to the kids. We are not exactly frugal but we don't spend a lot on entertainment between vacations and neither of us is a clothes horse. Except for cruise clothes of course.:) And of course booking cruises for the distant future allows more time to pay for them.

So we are spending some of our savings to cruise now. And spending our children's inheritence. Must say I feel like we have been pretty indulgent in ourselves with what we have spent on cruises. But we sure made our share of sacifices when we were young and raising a family. Hubby has had heart bypass surgery and I have a thyroid disease which has affected my eyes and my immune system. So we have changed some of our priorities to be able to cruise. Need to get new carpet and would like to finish the basement but I'd much prefer to cruise. Like to think we are investing in some wonderful vacations and memories for us. Afterall, we're worth it. We'll leave the kids a lot of beautiful cruise photos.:D

[font=Tahoma][size=3]We're booked on the 14-day 12/22 holiday sailing of the Rotterdam. It will be our first Panama Canal experience and are really looking forward to it. Booked it way back in early January and it was such a l-o-o-n-g way off, we snuck in a 7-day on the Oosterdam in March to lessen the risk of withdrawal symptoms:D while we're waiting December to arrive. [/size][/font]

Only one in the hopper at the moment: Statendam, Nov 20: 16 day r/t to Hawaii out of San Diego.

We are seriously looking at a Baltic cruise next summer either on Prinsendam or Rotterdam. Time will tell!

Good morning Marie:) I can't remember how we originally picked September LOL
but we did..remember I was going with a girlfriend...I think we just decided we had open vacation time and we booked 9 months ahead....when I returned from my Jan CENTURY cruise...we booked the Horizon..of course, now that is cancelled and Z is on for me.

If you are serious.......then I will talk to my TA...and see what prices we can get for summer time:D

:) [font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]HeatherInFlorida[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]We are also retired. So we have the time to cruise. Right now we are in relatively good health. Even though husband has had a stroke and a heart attack, we are still fortunate to be able to travel. Who knows how long we will be able to keep traveling?? For all we know something could happen in the next few months that might change our lives and cruising.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]You talk about the $$$ some of us are spending. Well, we don't have any children, neither of us has any brothers or sisters, parents are all gone - so - no relatives. Therefore we can spend our money the way we want to and we don't have to worry about the economy.[/color][/font]
:)

Archived