Princess Mini Suite Perks

zimadog

Ok - I didn't book the mini suite for the perks either. BUT - Usually there are some "extras" that come along with booking higher level cabins and, since I have never been on Princess, I thought I'd ask some experienced cruisers. I feel a little insulted by some of your remarks. I was just curious. I have in the past booked handicapped cabins because I use a mobility scooter - so I doubt the size of the cabin will be much better then those offered for handicapped passengers. However, the tub in a cabin is one of the reasons I wanted the cabin. Nothing better then a long soak in a tub.

Thanks to those of you who answered my questions without commentary on why I wanted to know - or questioning why it should matter.

Ok - I didn't book the mini suite for the perks either. BUT - Usually there are some "extras" that come along with booking higher level cabins and, since I have never been on Princess, I thought I'd ask some experienced cruisers. I feel a little insulted by some of your remarks. I was just curious. I have in the past booked handicapped cabins because I use a mobility scooter - so I doubt the size of the cabin will be much better then those offered for handicapped passengers. However, the tub in a cabin is one of the reasons I wanted the cabin. Nothing better then a long soak in a tub.

Thanks to those of you who answered my questions without commentary on why I wanted to know - or questioning why it should matter.

Just went back and re-read every post. Where are you seeing anyone insult you? I thought people were most helpful. The best thing about the mini is the couch.

Zimadog, the only problem you might have is that the doors to the minis aren't any wider than the doors to any other cabin. Your scooter, unless very narrow, or disassembled, will probably not fit through the door. There will be a little more room to park it, near the slider or under the entry table (there is a hidden plug under there..........just right for charging the scooter).

Have a great cruise!

I'm sorry - i must have been in a dark mood yesterday. I read some of the comments and took them as if they were questioning why I expect more from a mini suite cabin. I reread things today and I feel bad for my comment yesterday. Thanks for all the info. I am better informed now.

I'm sorry - i must have been in a dark mood yesterday. I read some of the comments and took them as if they were questioning why I expect more from a mini suite cabin. I reread things today and I feel bad for my comment yesterday. Thanks for all the info. I am better informed now.

Sometimes the typed word shows so little expression and can be misunderstood. Happens to almost everyone sooner or later. No problem!

You made need to ask for these things. We had a mini suite last month on the Diamond and never got our champagne and the luggage protector was tucked away between the wall and the couch - Maybe it was just because our room steward sort of sucked.

I was in a full-suite on the diamond last month and never got my embarkation champagne either. Do you have to ask for this stuff? Sort of like McDonald's - it's available but we're not giving it unless you ask for it??

I was in a full-suite on the diamond last month and never got my embarkation champagne either. Do you have to ask for this stuff? Sort of like McDonald's - it's available but we're not giving it unless you ask for it??

When we were on the Crown in February we went to our room and our room steward introduced himself and asked us if we wanted our champagne. He was really an all around wonderful steward all week - so maybe it just depends on if your room steward is a good one or a lazy one. I would definitely ask if it is not offered. Too bad they all just don't automatically bring it like ours did.

the Princess mini suites are about the same size as other cruise lines veranda cabin, full width couch like X or Hal, 2 tvs? and a tub. It's just that the standard veranda cabins are small. They charge about $600 more for it.

The standard veranda rooms on the X Constellation are pretty small. The minisuites are at least the size of the sky suites on Constellation.

• 8 years later...
There aren't a lot of perks with minisuites other than those you have listed. You have to book a full suite category to get the goodies on Princess if you don't have Elite (15 completed cruises) status.

Can you tell me if you get a pair of slippers in a mini-suite? My wife always uses them, and will take her own if non given.

By the way Lines in the road in Rome are for the Italian driver to aim for, first there wins.

Thanks.

Can you tell me if you get a pair of slippers in a mini-suite? My wife always uses them, and will take her own if non given.

By the way Lines in the road in Rome are for the Italian driver to aim for, first there wins.

Thanks.

No slippers for those in a mini-suite. Only full suites. Mini-suites are really just glorified balcony cabins. No additional perks except a glass of champagne at sail away.

Thanks.

No non in the mini.

Kudos to Champers for using the search function before asking a question!

It was kind of fun to read the old posts and see for the most part, nothing has changed on Cruise Critic other than who is posting.

Thanks Paul & Trudi! Do we get any priority embarkation or debarkation? What about priority for shore excursions? Are there any special cabin services like free laudry services? Do we get any 2 for 0ne coupons or anything like that?

We have never sailed Princess and were very disappointed to find out our Carnival credits did not transfer over to Princess (Like they do with RCL and Celebrity). We have sailed Carnival 4 times and thought the VIP program meant we got the same perks as we would with Carnival. Then we found out we only get discount pricing for being in the VIP program.

I'm planning a cruise on Celebrity with someone that has cruised a lot with Carnival, I've only cruised once. You mention about Carnival credits transferring to Celebrity. How does that work and what does one get with the Carnival credits?

Thanks!

Tom😎

Hello Zimadog

My DH and I are at Platinum level on Princess.

We have sailed in balcony cabins and mini suites.

I do think the category of mini suites can be misleading.

There really isn't anything "suite"about them other than what some posters have said about additional room and storage space.

I see that you are a RCCL customer.

I think you will find the mini suite comparable to balcony cabins on RCCL because of the couch.

Princess balcony rooms do not have a couch, there is a desk chair and another small chair in the cabin.

All Princess customers are given fruit bowls replenished when requested,robes ( if they fit,they tend to run small) and a luggage protector for the bed.

There are no slippers, special beauty products or perks reserved for full suite passengers for mini suite cabins

Perks do come with loyalty levels.I think you can find a list of those on the Princess web site.

What we have found on Princess cruises is clean ships ,very good and accomodating staff and a relaxing way to vacation.

I hope you enjoy your cruise,your mini and the Princess cruising style.

Hello Zimadog

My DH and I are at Platinum level on Princess.

We have sailed in balcony cabins and mini suites.

I do think the category of mini suites can be misleading.

There really isn't anything "suite"about them other than what some posters have said about additional room and storage space.

I see that you are a RCCL customer.

I think you will find the mini suite comparable to balcony cabins on RCCL because of the couch.

Princess balcony rooms do not have a couch, there is a desk chair and another small chair in the cabin.

All Princess customers are given fruit bowls replenished when requested,robes ( if they fit,they tend to run small) and a luggage protector for the bed.

There are no slippers, special beauty products or perks reserved for full suite passengers for mini suite cabins

Perks do come with loyalty levels.I think you can find a list of those on the Princess web site.

What we have found on Princess cruises is clean ships ,very good and accomodating staff and a relaxing way to vacation.

I hope you enjoy your cruise,your mini and the Princess cruising style.

They really should rename the mini's.

I'm planning a cruise on Celebrity with someone that has cruised a lot with Carnival, I've only cruised once. You mention about Carnival credits transferring to Celebrity. How does that work and what does one get with the Carnival credits?

Thanks!

Tom😎

Carnival Cruise Lines cruise credits/points do not transfer to Celebrity/RCCL in any way shape or form. They are two entirely separate entities. The post you are quoting was noting that status between Celebrity and RCI does reciprocate, however those lines are within the dame family. The post you quote was hoping their Carnival status would reciprocate on Princess, a cruise line within the same family...and they do not.

You will have zero perks or bonuses or status on Celebrity based on what you may have with Carnival. Two entirely different entities, no relation at all.

We were given a free upgrade from a balcony cabin to a mini-suite on our Med Cruise and loved everything about it.. Will definitely book another one in the future. The extra size of the bathroom and the cabin in general was well worth it. IMHO.

Now many of the minis have the "Dreaded uncovered balcony" Which we loved. Now if you really have a problem with the sun, I can see that this would not be good, however the stars at night are amazing. As far as someone from above being able to look down on you, really only the Caribe balconies have much of a view, as they also project out more and are partially uncovered. They actually block the view from most of the cabins on the decks above them. Besides unless you are doing something you really should not be doing on the balcony, there are many more interesting things to look at. ( try one of the pool decks on a hot day!:rolleyes: )

But again, that's just me..

Dixon

Something to think about and check on . . . depending on the cruise, the prices of mini-suites and window suites can be very close. If you can do without a balcony, a window suite provides suite benefits for the price of a mini-suite (in some cases). The Caribbean Princess does have window suites.

I am a bit confused here. Fruit is provided to everyone's cabin, unless I missed something. All you have to do is to fill out the card telling what type you would like. I never realized this is just a 'perk' for mini suites and above?????????????????????????

The same with robes (even though that wasn't mentioned in your post), if you request them and they aren't already in your cabin, they will bring them for you. Even though I have heard people say they are only available to minis and above, that just isn't the case on Princess ships.

As for the two TV's, Well heck, if my DH turns the TV up loud in the other room, I would be hard pressed to watch something else in this room which is three rooms away? No where did I ever read where the TV's were to watch two different shows at the same time. Just that you can watch them in one room or the other. I must have missed that one also.

Even though they are close together, we have never had a problem watching two different things at the same time in a mini suite on a Grand Class ship. I just felt kind of silly being that close and having two TV's on at the same time in the past.

Champagne is hit or miss, depending on your cabin steward. We have had it delivered the moment we enter a cabin, and other times had to ask our steward for it. It all depends on how good of room steward you have.

Gosh, if that is your major gripe (the fruit and TV's), I can only imagine how your cruise went. I won't even ask! :( With access to this board and the internet, finding out what perks come with which cabin category is as easy as complaining about what you did or didn't receive on a message board because your research wasn't done properly.

I agree with most of what you said. The fruit and the robes are in all the cabins. The "fruit menu" is left in your room and you can re-order whatever you want when ever. As far as having to ask for things...yeah, that can happen in any cabin, I think.

I agree with most of what you said. The fruit and the robes are in all the cabins. The "fruit menu" is left in your room and you can re-order whatever you want when ever. As far as having to ask for things...yeah, that can happen in any cabin, I think.

Toto stopped posting on CC in 2011. :(

We miss her!