TripAdvisor Acquires Cruise Critic

newfarmers

Blimey!

We never travel/stay anywhere without referring to TripAdvisor to read what their members recommend (and they're usually spot on). This year we found Cruise Critic and learn from all of you. Amazing that one favourite now owns the other. Can only be a good thing for both (I hope:) ).

TripA has recently added cruise discussion pages onto their website. Maybe they'd been looking at CC and decided it would just be easier to buy the best cruise discussion site instead of replicating it!

I read the announcement on this site yesterday; it had certain dates it was to be publiched. Noticed it's gone today. :confused:

I, too, hope that nothing much changes on this site. I like it here and have finally gotten used to (most of) the changes done in '04. :eek:

If I had $1 for all the times companies that took over other companies and said they "weren't going to change a thing", I'd be very rich .... and I was employed by at least 4 of them.

They always said everything would stay just as it was. What they meant to add is "for the time being".

But we can hope. I love CC. I haven't been around much lately, but I always come back.

Oh, be careful with pictures like that, Dave. You'll cause Ms. Ruth to have a coronary! ;)

Been there; done that. Ain't doin' it again.

(Oh, and I loved the picture. ;) )

Archived