Is There a Way To Determine If a Group Is Booked On Your Cruise

Host Walt

• 1 month later...

Charleysmom:

I would KILL to be on that cruise! Don't think we'll make it since we're leaving on the Eurodam in 2 weeks.........if only........if only we knew before booking this cruise.........it would have been perfect.........just before CPA hubby starts Tax Season 2011...........aaahhhhhhh

GO PHILS!

P.S. - A very belated Happy 50th Birthday!

Edited by turx53
wishing Charleysmom a Happy Birthday a little late.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a Jonathan Coulton group on the Eurodam Jan 2-8 2011. I don't know the group size, but it was at 250 in August.

They're planning some early evening shows in the mainstay lounge and there are likely to be more people playing board games then you'd normally see.

More information is at http://jococruisecrazy.com/

Disclaimer: I'ma member of the group.

sounds like a lot of fun!

There is a Jonathan Coulton group on the Eurodam Jan 2-8 2011. I don't know the group size, but it was at 250 in August.

They're planning some early evening shows in the mainstay lounge and there are likely to be more people playing board games then you'd normally see.

More information is at http://jococruisecrazy.com/

Disclaimer: I'ma member of the group.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi - I am new to this and really unsure if I have done this right so bear with me!!! I am a 50 something lady going on my own (yes it is brave!!) on the Rotterdam from Manchester on 1st October doing the Black sea explorer itinerary for 12 nights. I would love to meet with other singles as although I am happy with my own company, it is nice to meet others particularly in the evenings when eating etc., as it is awful to eat alone. We are (as a group) so penalised price wise (an arm and leg although HAL charge less supplement than some I can mention!) that it is even more important that we have a good experience even if travelling alone. I have a J grade inside on Lwr Prom deck has anyone been in on e of these cabins? I do prefer outside but scared to leave myself available for upgrade in case I dont get midship like I have booked what does everyone think is it worther a risk? Also could any one let me know if they have been/are going on this cruise? Also as a Jewish lady with an interest in my heritage I am really interested in doing a Jewish tour of Istanbul as we are there 2 days. However, will have to arrange it independently as HAL havent arranged this as an excursion, and dont want to go in strange taxi alone - anyone else think they might be interested?

Have you ever cruised with Insight Cruise. It does trips all over the world. I am now looking into to it! I do not do most of the ship activities but I love to learn.

They are all sorts of educational cruises that really interest me! I love to learn about anything!

It sounds like many do cruise alone with them. I am so looking forward to it! Have not booked yet! So many choices!

Look it up sounds wonderful!

Hi - I am new to this and really unsure if I have done this right so bear with me!!! I am a 50 something lady going on my own (yes it is brave!!) on the Rotterdam from Manchester on 1st October doing the Black sea explorer itinerary for 12 nights. I would love to meet with other singles as although I am happy with my own company, it is nice to meet others particularly in the evenings when eating etc., as it is awful to eat alone. We are (as a group) so penalised price wise (an arm and leg although HAL charge less supplement than some I can mention!) that it is even more important that we have a good experience even if travelling alone. I have a J grade inside on Lwr Prom deck has anyone been in on e of these cabins? I do prefer outside but scared to leave myself available for upgrade in case I dont get midship like I have booked what does everyone think is it worther a risk? Also could any one let me know if they have been/are going on this cruise? Also as a Jewish lady with an interest in my heritage I am really interested in doing a Jewish tour of Istanbul as we are there 2 days. However, will have to arrange it independently as HAL havent arranged this as an excursion, and dont want to go in strange taxi alone - anyone else think they might be interested?

Is this the cruise that you are booked on?

There is a thread started.

Look under roll call

Holland America

Rotterdam

and you will find it

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1302970

• 3 weeks later...

I was just googling online to see if there are any groups on our upcoming cruise(well in about 300 days:D) and found a few.

These are all on Nieuw Amsterdam

Dec. 26 New Year's Bridge Cruise with Audrey Grant

Jan. 22-29 LRBC Blue's Cruise

Jan. 29-Feb. 5 Irish Music Cruise

Jan. 29-Feb. 12 28th Annual Winter Cruise with Denis and Denise Snowdon. They are hosts of a Canadian Radio show on AM740 called 'A Little Breath of Scotland'

Just thought some people might like to know because these groups will occasionally use some of the lounges. We were on with the Irish group 2 years ago and it was not a problem.

Just an FYI - Andy Cooney and his band (American - Irish from Long Island) will be hosting a group aboard the Veendam's sailing of Sept 25, 2011. Since they'll be just one band (not a big roster of entertainers), they'll probably use just one lounge; won't be overtaking the ship. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to know if any group is booked on my Nieuw Amsterdam cruise on November 27th. The site previously mentioned for looking up this info does not have this newest Hal ship listed.

Cindy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While on Westerdam this past week to Alaska we learned the Inspiration group would be on the next 2 weeks...

rather a large group not too bad unless you have any idea of sitting in the Explorer lounge near a window. They would arrive with bags and hold seats for co-inspirationers all day long. Sometimes they wouldnt know the person and offer it up to a badge wearing "stranger"...we started thinking of them as Starbelly Sneetches. It was like watching a never ending relay race.

Otherwise the cruise and weather was awesome, next time we will research the large groups booked....a small thing but can be annoying.