Is There a Way To Determine If a Group Is Booked On Your Cruise

Host Walt

Hi J,

>Would it be appropriate for me to post the info (NOT including the URL) so that passengers who'd be offended or have kids would/could be forewarned???<

Of course. I see no reason why you shouldn't post the URL for the article you cite.

Hi J,

>Would it be appropriate for me to post the info (NOT including the URL) so that passengers who'd be offended or have kids would/could be forewarned???<

Of course. I see no reason why you shouldn't post the URL for the article you cite.

I_r_a, I cannot in good conscious post the URL due to Inappropriate photos and other things!! It is a very adult site:eek:

Joanie

I am up in the air as to whether or not I should start a thread on the Carnival Boards...And I need some advice!!!!

I just ran across an article about a Swingers Cruise on Carnival (written by a Crew Staff Member) and did a search via Google and found that indeed Carnival has once again booked most of the ship to a Swingers Cruise over Halloween 2010:eek:

Is it a group on a regular cruise or a full ship charter? If the latter there is no need to post anything.

Is it a group on a regular cruise or a full ship charter? If the latter there is no need to post anything.

It is a group. Their first cruise was this past year and they were approximately 1/2 the pax.

Swingers Cruise on Carnival (written by a Crew Staff Member) and did a search via Google and found that indeed Carnival has once again booked most of the ship to a Swingers Cruise. Their (the swingers) web site states 1096 passengers. It is on The Carnival Elation, which has a capacity of 2,052 passengers.

The Carnival employee and another CC member mentioned their total disgust for the lewd and lascivious acts in public. And that their kids saw, very unfortunately, some of the "acts" in progress. This can be perceived as true if you were to see the photos on the web site, nudity etc at the main pool area....

Joanie

I have not been able to find the article you found on Google; what I have found were stories which are about full charters. (Not saying you aren't seeing what you are seeing!)

I think it is inappropriate to have such a group on a regular cruise (I guess unless their activities were strictly kept private). Same would go for nude cruises. Adult cruises should all be charters.

Edited by Boytjie

I have not been able to find the article you found on Google; what I have found were stories which are about full charters. (Not saying you aren't seeing what you are seeing!)

I think it is inappropriate to have such a group on a regular cruise (I guess unless their activities were strictly kept private). Same would go for nude cruises. Adult cruises should all be charters.

Peter, this is what started me searching (I will not post the URL to read it but you are a very smart man and I think can find it easily to read the full article):

This was received from a crew member in April 2007. It is posted here for the information of readers. The events reported are from the worker's perspective and viewpoint, and should be treated as such. To some, it may be viewed as an honest depiction; to others it may be viewed as an editorial. Cruise Junkie makes no judgement either way ... however, the incident does elucidate the event posted on October 19, 2006.

So, I did some searching on Google and discovered there is indeed one that had just happened with 1/2 the ship taken over in 2009 and another planned for 2010. Considering the ship has a capacity for over 2,000 pax and they state they have 1,000 that means ... I sure would hate to see any child be subjected to this...

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rich: It looks like there will be a Kosher group and a AAA group on board the July 25, 2010 Veendam sailing to Bermuda. I was wondering why I received no response to my roll call posting, but maybe that is the reason. Is there any way we can find out how many passengers are involved in each group? We've been on other HAL cruises with groups of about 200 & it didn't affect our enjoyment of the cruise. If anyone knows the size of these groups, please post the numbers. Thanks!

Visit us at http://www.aaa.com

Seven-night Bermuda cruise from

New York City aboard the VEENDAM

June 20 - 27, 2010 OR July 18 - 25, 2010

Roundtrip motorcoach transportation from Harrisburg to New York City.

Seven-night cruise aboard the ms Veendam.

All onboard meals and entertainment (specialty restaurants have nominal fees).

Baggage handling

AAA Host

PRICE PER PERSON (based on double occupancy)

Member Non-Member

Category Description Rate Rate

B Oceanview w/ verandah $2,189 $2,229

C Oceanview Stateroom $1,489 $1,529

D Oceanview Stateroom $1,469 $1,509

DA Oceanview Stateroom $1,449 $1,489

DD Oceanview Stateroom $1,429 $1,469

E Oceanview Stateroom $1,409 $1,449

K Inside Stateroom $1,239 $1,279

Plus government taxes of $111.17 per person (subject to change).

All pricing and included features are based on a minimum of 25 full-fare passengers.

GRP1210 (June 20) GRP1310 (July 18) 1/09

For reservations or more information, please contact us:

CAMP HILL 717-761-8347 HARRISBURG 717-657-2244 LEBANON 717-273-8534

CARLISLE 717-243-1846 HERSHEY 717-533-3381 LEWISTOWN 717-242-8747

GETTYSBURG717-334-1155 HUNTINGDON814-643-6121 LITITZ 717-626-3040

LANCASTER 717-898-6920 MECHANICSBURG 717-506-1911

Visit us at http://www.aaa.com Travel With Someone You Trust

For brochures, call 24 hours at 1-800-253-6238

Rich: It looks like there will be a Kosher group and a AAA group on board the July 25, 2010 Veendam sailing to Bermuda. I was wondering why I received no response to my roll call posting, but maybe that is the reason. Is there any way we can find out how many passengers are involved in each group? We've been on other HAL cruises with groups of about 200 & it didn't affect our enjoyment of the cruise. If anyone knows the size of these groups, please post the numbers. Thanks!

We were concerned over the fact that 2 groups were sailing on our Veendam cruise to Bermuda on July 25, 2010 & how they would impact our sailing. We did a search & have read on these boards that the "Kosherica groups number anywhere from 25 to a maximum of 150." We're not concerned about a group that size impacting our cruise. Apparently, the AAA group is sailing the week before on July 18th. Last year, we were on the Maasdam & there were 2 groups on board...a quilters group & a group from a food magazine. They didn't impact our cruise at all & we met some lovely people from both groups. We were just worried that our cruise could be chartered & we would have to change our plans. So, all looks great for our cruise! :)

Can anyone confirm that there will be a kosher group & a AAA group on the July 25, 2010 sailing of the Veendam to Bermuda? Does anyone know how many passengers will be booked for each group? Thanks for your help!

I don't know about July 25, but We are booked on the June 27 Veendam AAA Eagles cruise. They told me there will be about 250 in our group, so plenty of "regular" passengers too.

Maybe call AAA and ask about the group on the date you are looking at just to see how large the group is. Not sure how to find about the Kosher group. Did you try googling for it?

ETA: Nevermind...I just read your last post...sounds like you are fine! Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by Limeygirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am thinking of booking a particular cruise Feb 06 2011, on the Nieuw Amsterdam..it concerns me that this is the only cruise that does not have a roll call started yet, for the early winter season 2011. Does it mean that someone knows something I don't...Has anyone heard anything about this sailing? I have tried to google, and all the web sites that I know but nothing is coming up..so that is either a good sign or bad..

I don't worry about small groups of say 2 or 300 people it's just the very large ones that concern me..

• 3 weeks later...

We were just on a cruise on the Eurodam that had a group on board that I had never heard of called, I believe, The Vortex led by Abraham Hicks. They were about 1/3 of the ship's passengers.

They were so wonderfully positive and there was amazing energy on board!! It probably helped to make our first cruising experience so great!

• 3 weeks later...
I am up in the air as to whether or not I should start a thread on the Carnival Boards...And I need some advice!!!!

I just ran across an article about a Swingers Cruise on Carnival (written by a Crew Staff Member) and did a search via Google and found that indeed Carnival has once again booked most of the ship to a Swingers Cruise over Halloween 2010:eek:

Would it be appropriate for me to post the info (NOT including the URL) so that passengers who'd be offended or have kids would/could be forewarned???

Help me please??? What should I do??

HOSTS, you can help me also PLEASE???

Joanie

Not a Host so this is personal advice. We are cruising Carnival in a few weeks port is 10 minutes from hoem for us) but I would want to know. Your posts were very helpful for our HAL trips why not ley others benefit from the help and make an informed decision.

I don't worry about small groups of say 2 or 300 people it's just the very large ones that concern me..

200-300 people who are an affinity group (not just a group of strangers all in a group booking from a travel consortium, for example) is a pretty big group, in my opinion, even if the ship is somewhat larger. Very often they will dine all together in a special area of the dining room you might otherwise want and/or take up premium space for private functions. They may have more clout onboard, and even when they don't, they sometimes behave as if they are VIP's.

Edited by gillianrose

Well as it turns out I just found a large group of about 300 have booked my cruise, they are a religious group..which is good news for me..I am going to stay positive about this...at least they won't be in my bar,:eek: They are neither drinkers, or dancers... should not be too rowdy, and would expect them to be on good behaviour..;)

Sure they may take up a bit of room in the MDR, and a few other areas, that means I will just have to eat in the Pinnacle, or Tamarind, or the little Italian place off the lido buffet..lots of choices..I will book the speciality restaurants before I get on the ship and as soon as I am on board will confirm those reservations..I'll also make sure I'm early for the digital workshop..

I have my private retreat cabana, my HMC cabana. The good thing is that I am not alone on the ship, my roll call is so slow I was thinking I had the whole thing to my self or waiting for a shoe to drop...but it's all good...:)

Edited by Cruisin Suzin

• 2 weeks later...