samples in bathrooms

Bellarose

Does anyone remember what is in the basket in the bathroom? I don't want to bring duplicates. All I remember is the Hair Color for Men, which seemed like an odd thing to 'sample.'

The Just for Mens was only a Card, you have to bring that card up to the Spa to get that service done.

They have samples of Crest Toothpaste in different flavors, Mens and Women razors, Hair Gel and a few other things, Not enough for a weeks supply thou, you still need to bring your own stuff.

Fred

Does anyone remember what is in the basket in the bathroom? I don't want to bring duplicates. All I remember is the Hair Color for Men, which seemed like an odd thing to 'sample.'

I think that the items in the basket will vary depending on what the ship has on hand. I know that the items in the basket in our room on the

Fantasy were different than then items we had on the Inspiration the year

before. I do remember getting to our cabin...my first cruise...the Inspiration and finding THREE full size packages of Rolaids Soft Chews in

our basket and wondering if that were a sign of the food on the ship. :)

Fortunately it turned out to have no reflection and the food on the Inspiration was wonderful. No Rolaids in our basked on the Fantasy!

The Inspiration basket also had samples of hair gels that were not in the Fantasy basket.

I don't remember what all...but I do think both baskets had toothpaste, razors and EMERGEN-C (I think that is what it was called) Some powder

mix you add to water to help with those nasty hangovers. :eek:

Better safe than sorry...pack all your basics because I don't think you can count on the ship to supply them and even then, not enough for a full trip.

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to downsize. Per my husband, our family of four only needs clothes for half the cruise; at which time, we will re-wear our clothes or have them cleaned?? So far, we are down to two medium suitcases and a back pack! I will be the one in the same dress every night! (just kidding, just every other night!)

The Just for Mens was only a Card, you have to bring that card up to the Spa to get that service done.

When we were on the Valor in Dec. We had the actual just for mens hair dye in the box. There were 4 different colors:eek:

They have samples of Crest Toothpaste in different flavors, Mens and Women razors, Hair Gel and a few other things.
On the Spirit just a couple weeks after your trip, Fred, they didn't have any toothpaste samples. Just the razors, hair color cards, Emergen-C... and I think that was it. I was disappointed -- I had to go buy toothpaste since I'd been expecting my favorite Cinnamon Rush Crest packets to be there! :)

On our last cruise there was a paperback romance novel along with the other normal samples.

They are samples..... You get 2 or 3 chapters of several stories, .... Then there is an order form if you want to order the books... :(

No shampoo or body wash? I thought I had read in other threads that there are shampoo and body wash samples, but no conditioner. I'm not picky about what shampoo I use, normally. I plan on bringing my own conditioner next week, but the less I have to pack the better. I know the individual samples won't last a week, but surely the room steward will replenish whatever is used each day, or would at least bring more on request. I know thats how they do it in most hotels I've been to. I'm trying to pack as lightly as possible, if I can avoid bringing my own shampoo/body wash, all the better. :)

Cyn - Maybe you're thinking of the shower dispensers? There are two on the shower wall - one w/shampoo and the other w/body wash. Usually Dove or Lever2000 products.

The amenity basket/bowl holds only sample size products that manufacturer's send. They may vary on each sailing. On different cruises, I've had:

Hand lotion, Rolaids, Skittles, combs, razors, toothbrush and toothpaste, mini-soap, various hair and skin products, etc. Nothing is large enough to use the entire week, and the cabin steward may or may not have enough of these small items to replace. You can certainly ask, and if he has them, he will be glad to give you more.:)

Best thing is to take whatever you think your family will need.

No shampoo or body wash? I thought I had read in other threads :)

I looked for my post to see if this was the same post I answered yesterday, but nope.

Must be at least two threads on this subject. As it says these are samples, not things you know will be there in your room. I see again someone mentions toothpaste and like last time everyone else says back they didnt get toothpaste. I wouldnt count on any of the samples being there as you dont know what they will give you.

It almost sounds like no two people got the same thing. We got sun tan oil and vitamin C packets and razors and I cant remember what nice, but it was lovely, but no toothpaste lol.

I wouldnt count on any of the samples being there as you dont know what they will give you.

It almost sounds like no two people got the same thing. .

So true. Like I said, the manufacturers send sample items to the cruiseline, and they distribute them - at random. There's no telling exactly what you'll find on any given ship at any given time. The listing I gave above was not all at one time. Whatever they have at the time is what you'll get. :)

Me and Dh are going on our first cruise in a few days. We too didn't want to pack a lot of big bottles of shampoo, toothpaste, lotion....... So we just went to the store and bought the travel size items. Even if you need to buy a couple of bottles of shampoo, at least it won't be as heavy and bulky as the bigger bottles. I also put them in a zip lock back just in case it leaks.:eek: Hope that this helps.

I was disappointed -- I had to go buy toothpaste since I'd been expecting my favorite Cinnamon Rush Crest packets to be there! :)

Dave you can buy the Crest Cinnamon Rush toothpaste at Eckerd's. Its a bit spendy at $3.59 a tube. I found the Crest Vanilla Mint toothpaste there too.

Dave you can buy the Crest Cinnamon Rush toothpaste at Eckerd's. Its a bit spendy at $3.59 a tube. I found the Crest Vanilla Mint toothpaste there too.

Also available at WMart....all flavors....$2.89.:)

Dave you can buy the Crest Cinnamon Rush toothpaste at Eckerd's.
Thanks... believe me, I've already got it at home -- and it proves that the samples work. I'd never had it before my cruise last October, and switched to it the day I got home.

I'd simply hoped that it would be in the sample basket again so I wouldn't have to pack toothpaste (the less I have to pack, the better)... but did so knowing that if it wasn't there, I'd have to spend a few bucks in the gift shop buying toothpaste. No big deal. :)

Our sample basket has each time been filled with lots of goodies & while each cruise may have one or two new or different items

they seem to be about the same. We have almost always had, body moisturizer, oil of olay spf face moisturizer, mens & womens razors, dove anti frizz cream for hair, vitamin C energy drink mix, sample sticks of gum, toothpaste & dental floss.:)

Archived