Coathangers?

rfbdorf

And if you still need more---ask again! :D

On one (long) cruise I asked for more, then asked for even more. I think I ended up getting an additional 20-25 hangers with no problem. Most of them were wooded hangers, too. :)

We've often found too many hangars in the closets when we arrive, and end up dumping some of the wire types in the wastebaskets.

Why not give them to your steward? Unless they're all bent out of shape he can keep them in his workroom for those of us who bring lots of hanging things.

Why not give them to your steward? Unless they're all bent out of shape he can keep them in his workroom for those of us who bring lots of hanging things.

The HAL room stewards are bent out of shape again??:eek:

I found the HAL provides plenty of hangers. I do take 2 or 3 plastic hangers with clips and a swivel top hanger. I find the hangers are good for drying damp items or swimsuits.

Happy Cruising

Why not dump them in the wastebasket.

The steward empties the wastebasket, and he can retrieve those he deems in reasonable shape.

Most of the wire coathangars these days are very thin gauge, and deserve dumping!

Oops - tried to edit the Ruth to Ruth C, but machine won't accept the change!

Why not dump them in the wastebasket.

The steward empties the wastebasket, and he can retrieve those he deems in reasonable shape.

Do you also dump the extra blankets and other items in the room you do not plan on using in the wastebasket?

I don't understand why the need to dump them in the wastebasket unless they're broken/unuseable. Is that to say that the poor room steward has to rifle through the trash to make sure there's nothing there that's still perfectly useable????

Obviously I did not state my "dumping coathangars in the wastebasket" adequately, and certainly did not mean to stir up controversy.

Certainly, the ones that I put in the wastebasket are those bent wire ones that are due to be recycled. I don't put them in with other trash.

Perhaps I am the only one who has found too many coathangars in the closets.

Sorry for the confusion.

Obviously I did not state my "dumping coathangars in the wastebasket" adequately, and certainly did not mean to stir up controversy.
I too would just put any old, non-ship ones in the wastebasket and let the steward do what ever he would like with them. :)

rbfdorf,

The hangers are wooden and very nice, and some have the clips on them so I am able to hang trousers by their hems.

But, because DW has some tops and slips and things with thin straps, or slinky formals with some interior straps, that tend to fall off wooden hangers, we also pack a few of those plastic jobs with built-in hooks on them to hold such clothing.

BTW, John (Copper 10-8) I have never seen a HAL steward bent out of shape. Just what did you do to get him in that state?!? :D

Dave

rbfdorf,

The hangers are wooden and very nice, and some have the clips on them so I am able to hang trousers by their hems.

But, because DW has some tops and slips and things with thin straps, or slinky formals with some interior straps, that tend to fall off wooden hangers, we also pack a few of those plastic jobs with built-in hooks on them to hold such clothing.

BTW, John (Copper 10-8) I have never seen a HAL steward bent out of shape. Just what did you do to get him in that state?!? :D

Dave

Being Indonesian, they're supposed to be very flexible, Dave!;)

IMHO (could be wrong, been there before), the wire/metal hangers one finds in their cabins are left there by prior pax. who brought them on board courtesy of their dry cleaning establishments at home (I've done it) The wooden hangers that Dave (Retired Mustang) describes are the ones HAL places in your cabin. As other posters have stated already, if you don't have enough, ask your excllent steward and he'll get you more! Enjoy your cruise!:)

Archived