cruise booking woes

I am so sad. I just got off the phone with RCCL. I was trying to book a cabin for our March 2008 spring break cruise on Freedom or Liberty. I couldn't believe it when the agent told me there is nothing available for the March 23, 2008 sailing on Freedom and inside only for Liberty.

I know cruising is popular - but I always book our spring break cruise in June and have never had a problem reserving a 3 person cabin.

She recommended that I call back on Sunday to see if any cabins have been released by travel agents. Is this typical are entire ships booked nine months out?

I'm bummed.

I am so sad. I just got off the phone with RCCL. I was trying to book a cabin for our March 2008 spring break cruise on Freedom or Liberty. I couldn't believe it when the agent told me there is nothing available for the March 23, 2008 sailing on Freedom and inside only for Liberty.

I know cruising is popular - but I always book our spring break cruise in June and have never had a problem reserving a 3 person cabin.

She recommended that I call back on Sunday to see if any cabins have been released by travel agents. Is this typical are entire ships booked nine months out?

I'm bummed.

It may not be totally ideal for you, but how about booking the inside on the Liberty? You'll at least be on a cruise during spring break, right? :) You can plan to not be in your cabin much if it's not the ideal cabin for you.

March and April are spring break, so those cruises always fill early. Especially triples and quads, because of the families with kids. I have already booked My March 2008 & 2009 cruises for exactly that reason, to make sure I get what I want. Try back, someone may back out.

Thanks everyone for the quick replies! There are no cabins available on Freedom and extremely limited availability on Liberty. I think I'll wait until Sunday to see what happens.

Do you think the RCCL agent is correct that cabins held by travel agents may be released this coming Saturday night?

Thanks again!

For curiousity sake I just went to yahoo travel and checked those dates/ships and they list both ships as having all categories available for the week of March 23rd, 2008.

This is also Easter week - not sure if that means more cruisers or not.

I would imagine that, with persistence, you will be able to get on the ship of your choice in the cabin category you want. If nothing else, things should open up as final payment comes due and people cancel/change their plans. Good luck!

I booked the Jewel for this same time period, my spring break, and I may have to cancel if airfare to Fort Lauderdale doesn't drop below $400 pp for direct flights. :eek:

I'm bummed.

Here's what I would do. Book an inside for the week that you want. And, the day that the final payment is due the outside cabins typically open up, you're TA should be able to snag one for you.

d

OP needs a cabin for 3. There are only so many cabins that will accomodate 3rd & 4th passengers. Also, the week of 3/23 is the week of Easter, so lots of schools will have that week off, therefore, lots of cruises booked!

If OP could find any availability on one of these 2 ships, she should book it now, then check every couple of days for another category. Something will eventually open up, but they will need to check very often to find it!

another option may be to look at another class of ship- voyager class is almost as good as freedom and prices are better to- just an idea- you can always watch for something you like on freedom or liberty and switch to them at that time?

I can't thank everyone enough for all the replies and suggestions! I think I will wait until Sunday and then book something then. It may be that I book any cabin in the hopes that something that better opens up or I may go with a different date altogether. We went at the exact same time last year and didn't have any problems booking at the end of June. Who knows...

I checked an online TA and there are plenty of outside or veranda cabins for Freedom of the seas, 3/23/08. The problem is booking for 3 it seems.. Can you get somebody else to join you and get two cabins??!! If you must have the 3 people then you need to wait list. Or just keep on calling!!

It is pretty amazing that all the multiple cabins are full already!!

A triple during spring break. Two new ships. There's your problem. I'd search for 2 doubles near each other and go with that. You'll have much better luck.

Archived