5,00+charter Member Club-what Does It Mean?

Do you realize that the handful of people that have posted on this thread have aggregated about 100,000 posts!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Pitiful, isn't it........:eek: :eek:

I was almost to 5000 before the change over. Started again at 300+. My original count racked up while learning and perfecting clocks, moving gifs, moving banners and all the strange pictures of things we used to have in our signatures.

I was new on a computer and I had a ball learning and then trying to help others like me who can't speak computer language how to do them. I was helped/taught by JoeBat1. He had the patience to speak my language in words I understood. Anyone remember his gas powered blender? We all had the strangest pictures and moving creatures in our signatures. And the slowest boards.

Ah, the good old days.

Someone asked why the count matters. It really does not. It is the reason behind that count that does. I guess that is why I miss those posts too. They had real good memories attached to them. :o

The only reason the count matters, to me, is I'm going to give more weight to long time posters opinions. If a poster has over a thousand posts, I'm more likely to really have a heads up about things they post about. Everyone is equal and I respect and support new posters, but if it's my vacation, I'm going to give more credence to someone who's been around the CC block.

That, and I like watching my numbers climb. It's fun. I had a ball when I hit my first thousand.

Yes, I need a life.

Guest scfjjb
No benefits. "We just talk a lot". No flames guys, I am speaking for myself. ;)

Seriously, there are no benefits at all. Zip.

Not even a Concierge Lounge? Shucks!

OK, I'm confused. :p

Who should we give more respect to, someone with a TON of posts or someone that signed up years and years ago? :confused:

Just go with the person who gives you the answer you want to hear.:D

Who should we give more respect to, someone with a TON of posts or someone that signed up years and years ago? :confused:

Respect? I don't know. Some of the old timers are full of vinager, but they are also full of information. They've seen the changes in the industry and long time posters to the boards do have their pulse on the cruise industry.

... and then of course run to RCI and tell them that it must be true since you heard it from somebody on CC. :D

I have learned that some if not most of the time the information you get here is more accurate then you get from them.

I would rather use the word "attention." Not respect.

Hypothetical question. :D

If there was a poster on here, who replied to almost every post on here with an "I agree", "Yes, that is right", "Couldn't agree with you more." Never answers with any information other than those words, that person could rack up thousands of posts in a couple of months.

Now, would you have respect for the person who had the highest post total, or the person who answered the questions in the first place, who might only have had a couple of hundred total in 2 years?

You really have to learn by reading, who actually has the answers you seek and not the greatest amount.

I would rather use the word "attention." Not respect.

Hypothetical question. :D

If there was a poster on here, who replied to almost every post on here with an "I agree", "Yes, that is right", "Couldn't agree with you more." Never answers with any information other than those words, that person could rack up thousands of posts in a couple of months.

Now, would you have respect for the person who had the highest post total, or the person who answered the questions in the first place, who might only have had a couple of hundred total in 2 years?

You really have to learn by reading, who actually has the answers you seek and not the greatest amount.

I couldn't agree with you more. ;)

I have learned that some if not most of the time the information you get here is more accurate then you get from them.

Most of the time this is true... but there are those few times when a poster hears only what they want to and tries to get RCI to honor 'something' that was never real in the first place.

Agreed as well :D ;) :p

PS. Glad to have you back on our time zone Alexis!

###

Thanks for the "Welcome back" to this side of the US again. We had 112 degrees today and I am LOVING it!!!!! It is so good to be back here. :D I missed chatting with all the late night West Coast posters while there too because of my time zone in NY. 3 hours is a big difference.

Thanks for the "Welcome back" to this side of the US again. We had 112 degrees today and I am LOVING it!!!!! It is so good to be back here. :D

Yes, 3 hours does make a difference!

Alexis, we were in WI last week, the humidity almost did me in, lol :p They are forecasting 115 to 120 for tomorrow! Time to get out the shorts ;) ;)

###

Thanks for the "Welcome back" to this side of the US again. We had 112 degrees today and I am LOVING it!!!!! It is so good to be back here. :D I missed chatting with all the late night West Coast posters while there too because of my time zone in NY. 3 hours is a big difference.

Alexis, glad that everything is going well out your way. 112 today??? Wow, I know that it is a different type of heat but that is hot to me.:)

Alexis, glad that everything is going well out your way. 112 today??? Wow, I know that it is a different type of heat but that is hot to me.:)

Thanks. Things are beginning to settle down. I guess you can tell by how much I am back on here. :D

It will be hectic again while we search, find, buy and move. And that will be right around the time of our Nov. Empress cruise. :eek: I will do that cruise no matter what. I am not missing that one like I had to miss the Liberty. :(

I respect people who don't rudely snipe at others.

No matter how many cruises I've taken, or how many posts I have, I am always learning, and will continue to do so.

No one person has all the answers. Their posts may be in the thousands, but they may have reached that amount of posts with one word or a couple of smilies.

I think that if we give respect we get it back as well, even if we have just a handful of posts or joined cc last year.

No matter how many cruises I've taken, or how many posts I have, I am always learning, and will continue to do so.

No one person has all the answers. Their posts may be in the thousands, but they may have reached that amount of posts with one word or a couple of smilies.

I think that if we give respect we get it back as well, even if we have just a handful of posts or joined cc last year.

Well said.

I just added another post.:D

nicely said :):)

and one smiley towards my post count :):D

Archived