5,00+charter Member Club-what Does It Mean?

I've been a member since 2000 and my count is under 200 I think, I know some were lost but I never kept a total in my head. I just love this board and how it works. Lots of valuable information over the years has been gained by myself.

After reading this I see its just over 100, now I really am laughing at myself!

:

Originally Posted by FitzLA viewpost.gif

So do you think that I need therapy since I have over 5000 posts in less than 2 years?

:

Originally Posted by MaryZ

LOL, maybe cruise critic IS therapy. :D

Thanks for my first laugh of the day. That statement is so true. Cruise Critic has brightened many a day in my life. :)

So...what are the benefits of being a charter member or a 5000+ or 10' date='000+ member? :confused: I'm just as addicted to this site as the rest of you are so if there are some "real" benefits, I want to know about them. Are there any discounts for cruises or free gifts? I'm new since May so be gentle with your responses, okay? :p [/color']

BTW...My honeymoon cruise is in 10 days!!! :D

No benefits. "We just talk a lot". No flames guys, I am speaking for myself. ;)

Seriously, there are no benefits at all. Zip.

o.k.... I'll ask a question and hope I'm not flamed...

Why is your number of posts so important?

It seems many were upset that their post numbers were "lost" or disappeared.

Other than being indicative of someone who is active on the site, what's the big deal about whether you have 2,000 or 7,000 posts?

Mom I think the solution is............they won't count either...........they were old floataway posts from the old days..........and one day they just dropped off.........:) I'll bet you are excited about the Mariner........I think of you often and hope you are doing well...........

Jim ~~ That sounds like a logical reason... but it is kind of like a piece of history being erased... remember... that's where we met! :D I think of you too when I come across certain subjects... one day we must do a cruise together my friend. :)

Jim ~~ That sounds like a logical reason... but it is kind of like a piece of history being erased... remember... that's where we met! :D I think of you too when I come across certain subjects... one day we must do a cruise together my friend. :)

Consider it done!! WE just have to pick one........but I'm sure it will happen someday.........:D

Consider it done!! WE just have to pick one........but I'm sure it will happen someday.........:D

I DO have time off in April.... hhhmmmm.... I'll need to talk to DH. :p

Oh yes... back to topic...

I do hope they find a way of making this latest distinction of post losses... my fingers worked hard for those!

If you figure from what I lost... that if I were to post 10 times a day, it would take me 1 1/2 years to build it back up. :(

I was poking around Cruise Critic on AOL in the 90's. I was looking at cruise reviws of ships. I joined way back when and lost a ton of posts in the conversion. Easy come, easy go I guess.

If I had more time to spend on the boards I certainly would have more posts again. Maybe someday.

I notice that there are many members who have 5,000 or 10,000+charter member under their names. What does that mean?

Sorry if this is a stupid ? Thanks

It means they have WAY too much free time on their hands to post on these boards!! :D

I wonder when the cruise lines give away free cruises they look at the amount of postings a person has posted.

I am in awe of the people who are frequent posters since they often have the best information.

THis is from the CC FAQ section.

What is a Blue Ribbon Cruiser? Charter Member? 5,000+ Club etc.?

A "Blue Ribbon Cruiser" is a member who has attained 3,000 posts on the Cruise Critic message boards -- at any time. Those who's posting counts do not reflect 3,000 posts may have been "grandfathered"...that is, they attained their status prior to our moving to our new message boards on June 2004. Those who attain 5,000+ posts on the forums will receive a title of "5,000+ Club". Ditto the 10,000+ level. Those who have "Charter Member" in front of their club name are those who had attained 5,000 or 10,000 posts on the day that Cruise Critic moved to our new message board forums in June of 2004.

Thanks for looking that up.live and learn..

I wonder when the cruise lines give away free cruises they look at the amount of postings a person has posted.

I am in awe of the people who are frequent posters since they often have the best information.

I think that it may have been a factor, but I also think that the content of those frequent posts was a greater factor. Not all of the people that were chosen for the Liberty pre-inaugural cruise had high post counts, but most, if not all of them, had a reputation as being a source of reliable and helpful information regarding Royal Caribbean, its ships etc.:) RCI's top executives made that point at the reception that they held for those invitees whom they called "Royal Champions".:)

I've been a member since 1997, and I think I had a little over 100 posts when they converted in 2004.

And back then, they counted the posts in the Floataway Graveyard. :rolleyes:

So, a charter member could be someone who knows the next city alphabetically after Berlin is Charlotte. :rolleyes:

For the record,I do not participate in any of those kind of threads....the conga line kind....Guess I just talk alot:)

o.k.... I'll ask a question and hope I'm not flamed...

Why is your number of posts so important?

It seems many were upset that their post numbers were "lost" or disappeared.

Other than being indicative of someone who is active on the site, what's the big deal about whether you have 2,000 or 7,000 posts?

My count is not important at all........I just enjoy being a part of a very special group.........most of posts are in Floataway(which dont count anyway) with a group of us who have been friends for 5 years now.......we live all over and I have met most of the 20 or so of them......we're like family.......

I also get involved with each and every cruise I take and participate in all the roll calls..............

Thanks for posting this.............this is correct..........I also believe that as a charter member like I am for 5,000 posts, once you reach the next level of 10,000, your charter membership stays the same........only the non charter members keep moving up........if that makes sense.......I'll find out in a couple of weeks as I near 10,000 again..........I know last time I hit 10,000 posts (I have lost 19,000) I stayed at charter member 5,000 posts.

You'll "move up", Jim. ;)

Until reading this thread I never really noticed how many posts I had. I've been a member on this board since 2001 and just now realized that I must have had more posts than I've been credited for. Thanks to you all, I now know why.

Rollie

If you're a Charter Member it simply means that you have had no real friends and have had no real life for a longer period of time than the people that are not Charter Members.....:eek:

If you're a Charter Member it simply means that you have had no real friends and have had no real life for a longer period of time than the people that are not Charter Members.....:eek:

I can always count on you to start my Cruise Critic day off with a good laugh. Thanks for at least my four thousandth laugh.:D If I admit to more, I could mistakingly fall into that category. :eek:

Archived