Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Cooler is going thru a phase. Forging like crazy. So our outing turned out to just a back to basics walk at heel. Made a lot of stops, turns and backs up, but finally she decided it would be much more fun to walk next to me.

Mackey is at my feet. Sleeping after getting me up at 430am. Oh well, part of puppy raising!

"Puppies", so wonderful to watch but so hard to care for!!!! You're amazing with them!

Geez, I'm not online for a few days and I'm reading all kinds of things.

Roz, I hope that your test results/procedures turn out OK. Better to find issues and have them addressed before there are more problems.

Poor Oz too.

As for a guide dog, people from anywhere, from what I understand, can go to The Seeing Eye in Morristown NJ. That is where Ollie is from and in my husband's class, there were people from all over the country and Canada. There is also a group called Guiding Eyes for the Blind. I don't know much about them other than they are based in NY. There are a lot of puppy raisers for them in MD.

As for Harry Potter, I though the previous movie was much more violent and emotional than this one, even though it could have been much more so. My husband was annoyed that the end was not exactly the same as the book. It was a good movie and Ollie was a good boy during it.

Finally, my husband received a call from the surgeon today. All is good with Ollie! No indication that the cancer spread from the biopsy they took during surgery last week. He is definitely feeling better. Stitches come out on Thursday. And he is going to have a rude awakening when he goes back to his dried food next week. He is scarfing up the canned, easy to digest stuff they wanted him to eat.

I'm so glad to hear about Ollie's test results and that he's really on the road to recovery. Hopefully, we'll all come out of our medical issues, this summer, doing well and on the road to complete recoveries.

Thank you for your good wishes, I have to do well, with all you guys behind me.......It has to be so!!!

My daughter is home from college and tonight we took some cute pictures of her 17 week old German Shepherd puppy. This is my daughter and Dia just before bed time, as you can see Dia is still filled with loads of energy.

julie1.JPG

julie2.JPG

julie3.JPG

And this is what Blitz looks like after Dia has played with him all day; in fact he has been sleeping for a few hours already.... lol

blitznap.JPG

Edited by guitarest

I think I posted some pictures of my 100gal saltwater fish tank; this is my 10gal saltwater with shrimp and a cool fish called a Goby. They actually walk on their fins in the water and some (Mudskipper) can live outside of water for hours and just walk along looking for food and shelter. This is a baby tank where the fish stay until they are large enough to move to the big tank without becoming food for another larger fish.

A larger Goby under the shells and small shrimp.

gobiandshrimp1.JPG

Random shot of shrimp

shrimp2.JPG

gobiandshrimp.JPG

Smaller Goby under leaf and shrimp

gobiandshrimp2.JPG

Edited by guitarest

Jocko, thanks for sharing the great pictures of your kid, your dogs and your fish.....You have a very full life. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Blitz looks so young......one day his muzzle will be covered with gray hair.

Although it's a true picture of their age, and sometimes brings tears to my eyes because the process happens so fast, it's a reminder that they're still with us and I love that!!!!!!!

I came to work today so that Brenda could play in the back, see all her friends and I could catch-up on work. I'll be home for the next few days and then back to the "grind" on Monday with a stronger, more regular beating heart. ;)

Roz, I'll be praying for you tomorrow. :)

Roz, Marcia and everyone else:

Thanks one thing for sure this is the nicest bunch of forum members anywhere on the internet for sure.

CCI called me today replying to my email I sent asking about the Seeing Eye Dog and they provided more information.

Best wishes to you today, Roz.

Ollie is back at the vet to have his stitches taken out. Poor thing is such a mess when he goes to the vet. He started whining as I was pulling into the parking lot. It took him a bit to get settled down and he hid under a bench chair like "I'm not here, you can't see me". Hopefully he will be done with the cone too. We took him to our friends' house last night and didn't have the cone on him. He was so pitiful when I put it back on when we got home.

I'll keep you posted.

Keeping positive thoughts Roz.

Colleen and little Oz ......Oz had his last check up with the vet. It appears his accident has left no permanent damage. A few chiro treatments maybe, if needed.

286221798_ozandducks003.jpg.67cfe7b1463f4b86d5502fb87edd5e73.jpg

Hi Everyone, First, I'm so glad to hear about all our furbabies and that they're doing so well. It's such a relief to have them all recovering.

Well, I went to the hospital with my children and Brenda in tow. I checked-in, dressed in that adorable gown, had my blood drawn, an I.V. inserted, temp taken, blood gases measured and was hooked-up to an EKG machine. A nurse walked in and said, "your sinus rhythm is absolutely normal!" WHAT????? We all looked at each other, she said she was going to contact my Cardiologist and the next thing I knew everything was being unhooked, unhinged and I was told I could go home!!!!!!

My heart [after being on all the meds] had gone into a normal rhythm and the procedure could not be done!

I was elated. I went home, the doctor called me and said that she's seen this in about 1 out of 100 cases and it was my turn, this year, to be the one!

I must stay on heart meds and be checked again in a few weeks but, for now, I'm back to work and I'm so happy.........YOUR PRAYERS AND WELL WISHES WORKED!!!!!! The power of the prayer chain is not to be laughed at!!!!!!

I love you all!!!!!

Hi Everyone, First, I'm so glad to hear about all our furbabies and that they're doing so well. It's such a relief to have them all recovering.

Well, I went to the hospital with my children and Brenda in tow. I checked-in, dressed in that adorable gown, had my blood drawn, an I.V. inserted, temp taken, blood gases measured and was hooked-up to an EKG machine. A nurse walked in and said, "your sinus rhythm is absolutely normal!" WHAT????? We all looked at each other, she said she was going to contact my Cardiologist and the next thing I knew everything was being unhooked, unhinged and I was told I could go home!!!!!!

My heart [after being on all the meds] had gone into a normal rhythm and the procedure could not be done!

I was elated. I went home, the doctor called me and said that she's seen this in about 1 out of 100 cases and it was my turn, this year, to be the one!

I must stay on heart meds and be checked again in a few weeks but, for now, I'm back to work and I'm so happy.........YOUR PRAYERS AND WELL WISHES WORKED!!!!!! The power of the prayer chain is not to be laughed at!!!!!!

I love you all!!!!!

That's wonderful news! Hooray!

I love you all!!!!!

That's what happens when you have a heart as big and kind as yours Roz.

I am happy to hear the good news on everyone too.

Ollie is doing really well too. The surgeon is happy with the results. He told us to leave the cone on today but since he's been hanging out with me most of the day, I kept the cone off. He has left the area alone for the most part. His eyes are bright like usual and he's starting to get into trouble from being bored. We are going out for my daughter's birthday dinner later so at least he'll get some work in. It's too hot to go out anyway in summer clothes, never mind a black fur coat!

Tomorrow also marks the 4 year anniversary of my husband being matched up with Ollie.

I love you all!!!!!

OMG Roz it's a miracle! I am so glad you are ok. :D DKD said it all!!

Mornin' all:

Well we have had some very good news this week! Great job for Roz, John,Ollie and Oz. Glad everyone is on the mend. Now lets keep the prayers going so you guys are 100 % in no time! :D:):p

Boy Nanc you are right, what a week. I'm so glad everyone is ok. John is doing great. I can see the difference in his strength already, and he hasn't even started to work out yet. He's doing better eating and he can't wait to eat everything he wants. He did lose 14lbs over the two weeks, so all his pants are falling off. :eek: Wex is in heaven cuz John gets tired around 4 or so he lays in bed and that can mean only one thing for Wex....BELLIES!!!

Cindy

Oh and it's 104 here today!! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy to hear the good news on everyone too.

Ollie is doing really well too. The surgeon is happy with the results. He told us to leave the cone on today but since he's been hanging out with me most of the day, I kept the cone off. He has left the area alone for the most part. His eyes are bright like usual and he's starting to get into trouble from being bored. We are going out for my daughter's birthday dinner later so at least he'll get some work in. It's too hot to go out anyway in summer clothes, never mind a black fur coat!

Tomorrow also marks the 4 year anniversary of my husband being matched up with Ollie.

I'm so glad that Ollie is really on the road to recovery ~ And, congratulations on the 4 year anniversary. Every year is a milestone!