Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Trudy, isn't that strange? Hopefully, it'll all pass and Horty's work life will fall into place for him.

I've noticed that he's a real sensitive dog, in all ways. He's so responsive to loving, gentle speech and the more softly I speak and the more I embrace and stroke him the more responsive he is......it's so sweet!

Here's this big "lug" of a dog and he's just so "soft" and "lovely!" He needs a real gentle hand. You gotta love it!!!!!

Why does it always sound like we have the same dog? Wexler is very sensitive and does not respond to any kind of yelling. hmmmm

Titan has settled in nicely. It took a few days but Wexler and him are now playing like a couple of nuts. They love running around and wrestling with eachother. Titan is so sweet!!!! He listens so well and is a big love. If he was a dog up for adoption, he'd be mine!

Here's a couple pics, one of them wrestling and one of them waiting for a cookie.

2138000008_CopyofWexlerTitanBall2.jpg.a0eb41f0e0faed7d2d1ecffa34cfc6ae.jpg

1609446953_CopyofWexlerTitan.jpg.48e7c0fa01f362ddbdea3e66b742a671.jpg

Hope he is having a Birthday Party today. Sending cookies to him.:D

Roz--sorry Horton is having problems with the elevator but hopefully he will be fine with it soon. That's how that poor service dog looked, that I saw on one of my cruises.

HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th.:D Good wishes for today.

Trudy is this your first Holland America cruise?

Mornin' all:

Roz: Poor Horty. I hope he gets better and better each day with elevator. Who would have thought that would bother the poor guy.

Cindy: All you need to do is throw Horty into that mix and you would have BIG poundage of BIG black boys rolling around. How cute is that?

We had a huge Monsoon roll thru last night. Biggest we have ever seen, especially when you usually do not get any rain what so ever.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Why does it always sound like we have the same dog? Wexler is very sensitive and does not respond to any kind of yelling. hmmmm

Titan has settled in nicely. It took a few days but Wexler and him are now playing like a couple of nuts. They love running around and wrestling with eachother. Titan is so sweet!!!! He listens so well and is a big love. If he was a dog up for adoption, he'd be mine!

Here's a couple pics, one of them wrestling and one of them waiting for a cookie.

Those legs, those amazingly long legs. They look like brothers and Horton would be one of the "Three Stooges", they look so alike. Brenda would NEVER fit into this group......her legs are short and stocky; pure English Lab.

I love the pictures, thanks so much for sharing them.

• Administrators
Thanks so much Laura. We really appreciate CC letting us have this forum to share our experiences and travel information.

And your dog is just beautiful!!!

Cindy

If I do say so myself, he is a cutie pie! He's three now, and MUCH bigger of course. But his disposition has turned out to be just as sweet as his pic indicates!

Laura

Labs..... phooey German Shepherds !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hey gang sorry its been a long time since I was here last. Just a heads up most of my time is being taken up by my start up in this area called King's 2nd Chance.

First I hope this does not violate any rules admin, if it does I understand if you need to edit this post.

OK so a little about me for newer posters; I am a 100% Disabled American Veteran and a Gulf War Veteran; I was medically retired in 1995 from the USAF due to injuries I received while serving in the military.

For over two years now I have been working behind the scenes with the Department of Veterans Affairs to get a program off the ground in my area. The program is to provide specially trained therapy dogs to veterans with PTSD. It was finally approved prior to the Director leaving the area for a different position (:))

Now whats my favor? Its kinda simple actually if your on facebook take a look at,

http://www.facebook.com/Kings2ndChance

Please like it if you support this cause, I am trying to get the word out and advertising is allot of cash that I currently do not have for the cause.

Thank you

Jocko

King's Second Chance

Because everyone needs a Second Chance.

It's official. Rich is now on the active transplant list at Emory Hospital in

Atlanta.

Sunshine, that's the most wonderful news. Hopefully, soon Rich will be free to cruise with you and celebrate his good health.

I'm happy for you both. I pray the wait won't be too long.

If I do say so myself, he is a cutie pie! He's three now, and MUCH bigger of course. But his disposition has turned out to be just as sweet as his pic indicates!

Laura

Laura your dog is everything I thought I wanted in a Service Dog, "Yellow Lab." I couldn't picture myself with any other kind of dog [yours is exactly what I wanted.] Then CCI gave me Brenda and boy did my head spin with change.

I realized that although these glorious dogs come in all shapes, colors and sizes, they're "magic" - pure "magic" in what they can do. My soul has been touched in a way that I'll never be able to explain.....I know, you know!!!!! ;)

Mornin' all:

Roz: Poor Horty. I hope he gets better and better each day with elevator. Who would have thought that would bother the poor guy.

Cindy: All you need to do is throw Horty into that mix and you would have BIG poundage of BIG black boys rolling around. How cute is that?

We had a huge Monsoon roll thru last night. Biggest we have ever seen, especially when you usually do not get any rain what so ever.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

That's so funny!

Yikes, on your Monsoon.....we had pouring rain in the morning, here in L.A., and the air was so thick with humidity it was gross!!!!

Labs are the best!!!

Boy, have I learned that! :) Thank you CCI for the wonderful lessons in "Lab 101!" And, to my wonderful friends on this board who share their stories of their dogs......Lab or others.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Hey gang sorry its been a long time since I was here last. Just a heads up most of my time is being taken up by my start up in this area called King's 2nd Chance.

First I hope this does not violate any rules admin, if it does I understand if you need to edit this post.

OK so a little about me for newer posters; I am a 100% Disabled American Veteran and a Gulf War Veteran; I was medically retired in 1995 from the USAF due to injuries I received while serving in the military.

For over two years now I have been working behind the scenes with the Department of Veterans Affairs to get a program off the ground in my area. The program is to provide specially trained therapy dogs to veterans with PTSD. It was finally approved prior to the Director leaving the area for a different position (:))

Now whats my favor? Its kinda simple actually if your on facebook take a look at,

Please like it if you support this cause, I am trying to get the word out and advertising is allot of cash that I currently do not have for the cause.

Thank you

Jocko

King's Second Chance

Jocko, I wish you good luck in helping our Veterans to get a dog to assist them and helping them to mesh back into society.

Thank you

Jocko

King's Second Chance

Jocko, Please check in once in a while, we get worried. :(

Well, Mr. Horty is really back to his old self.....no more "elevator sickness." Of course, I'm not taking him with me every time I need to go to a different floor either. If I need to go to an extended meeting then we go together. If I'm just dropping off something for a short visit, I let him stay at my desk. He has his bed and his "gynormous" crate in my temporary location, with a baby gate to close when I'm away.

• What's your opinion on pre-paying my tip and putting money into my onboard account prior to cruising? Do any of you do this and what do you think? Have you ever done this?

The ADA needs to issue service dog identification that can be presented to Hotels/Crusie ship/and any establishments that do not allow pets. I could take my pet poodle and say that he is a service animal and nobody can challenge it. They can not ask what the animal is used for or what my disability is. This is per the Federal ADA. State laws no not matter.

The ADA needs to issue service dog identification that can be presented to Hotels/Crusie ship/and any establishments that do not allow pets. I could take my pet poodle and say that he is a service animal and nobody can challenge it. They can not ask what the animal is used for or what my disability is. This is per the Federal ADA. State laws no not matter.

Unfortunately, this is true. But, if your pet poodle is "yip-yapping" or using the hotel lobby for a toilet or acting badly in any way, the hotel has the right to ask you to leave.

Most people don't have dogs who behave as well as ours and don't want to be schlepping them on vacation because of all the work they entail. Thank goodness!!!! They don't have a clue how a true Service Dog should act.

A lot of hotel/motel chains are becoming more pet friendly anyway and hopefully, these moron's will stop buying the fake vests and will not feel the need to sneak little "Fi-Fi" into the public venue.

And, as a Service Dog user, if I saw someone who I knew was abusing the system with a poorly acting "pet", I would call them out and I wouldn't hesitate to embarrass them! I did this at a restaurant once, when a woman made the manager bring her a plate and she fed her dog some of her food, right on the table. Puleeeezzzz!!!! When I was done with her, she packed-up her pooch and left in a huff!!!! We've been back since and the manager said she's NEVER been back! ;)

These types of people make me crazy and make it so difficult for folks like me, John, Barbara, Cari, Jocko, DisneyKids and so many other's.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Cari & Denver ["Denver Sees for Me"], if you're reading this can you please come in and tell me how you're doing and how's Denver? I know you were thinking of retiring him [i think he's Brenda's age.] Have you? Do you have a Successor Dog?

How are your cruising plans going?

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Sunshine, that's the most wonderful news. Hopefully, soon Rich will be free to cruise with you and celebrate his good health.

I'm happy for you both. I pray the wait won't be too long.

Roz: I just read on Facebook that Sunshine and Rich are at Emory hospital, right now. I guess they already got the call and they were waiting for the transplant to go forward. Praying for them.

Roz: I just read on Facebook that Sunshine and Rich are at Emory hospital, right now. I guess they already got the call and they were waiting for the transplant to go forward. Praying for them.

Although I don't know Rich, I wish him the best and will keep him in my prayers.

Unfortunately, this is true. But, if your pet poodle is "yip-yapping" or using the hotel lobby for a toilet or acting badly in any way, the hotel has the right to ask you to leave.

Most people don't have dogs who behave as well as ours and don't want to be schlepping them on vacation because of all the work they entail. Thank goodness!!!! They don't have a clue how a true Service Dog should act.

A lot of hotel/motel chains are becoming more pet friendly anyway and hopefully, these moron's will stop buying the fake vests and will not feel the need to sneak little "Fi-Fi" into the public venue.

And, as a Service Dog user, if I saw someone who I knew was abusing the system with a poorly acting "pet", I would call them out and I wouldn't hesitate to embarrass them! I did this at a restaurant once, when a woman made the manager bring her a plate and she fed her dog some of her food, right on the table. Puleeeezzzz!!!! When I was done with her, she packed-up her pooch and left in a huff!!!! We've been back since and the manager said she's NEVER been back! ;)

These types of people make me crazy and make it so difficult for folks like me, John, Barbara, Cari, Jocko, DisneyKids and so many other's.

good for you Roz