Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Good Morning----its very quiet here.

Happy Monday Morning everyone. Have a good week.

I don't know about any where else.......but it's FREEZING here in Los Angeles. My DH is wearing his gloves all the time....he can't tolerate the cold.

It's hilarious to watch the "short/sandal" set with their hat/gloves/scarves at the beach!

I don't know how the gals at the Golden Globes could wear their "almost dresses" without becoming popsicles!

We asked for weather and we got it!!!!!!

My furbabies are staying inside by the fireplace these days.

Good Morning Friends...I have no idea when I last posted. So many of you have been cruising and testing and of course we have all shed tears. Hug your family and your furry friends!

Rich continues to improve. It has been a very long and slow recovery, but, he is alive and breathing with healthy lungs, so we really can't complain.

Mackey is slated for camp this month. It will be bitter sweet to watch him move on, but, what a treasure he is and will be for someone. I hope he is placed with a child as he has such a sweet personality and such an affinity for children.

I am not going to take another foster pup on until we have reached one year post transplant, but, will instead work with a variety of other pups and dogs.

I'll try to check in more often. My daughter just returned from a 7 day cruise on Carnival Legend. She had a wonderful time and I am a bit envious.

I don't know about any where else.......but it's FREEZING here in Los Angeles. My DH is wearing his gloves all the time....he can't tolerate the cold.

Whats the weather on Thursday? My daughter is flying out there to cruise on the 19th. She is going on the Splendor.

Fireplace sounds so nice. :D Not the cold weather tho. Keep warm.

Good Morning Friends...I have no idea when I last posted. So many of you have been cruising and testing and of course we have all shed tears. Hug your family and your furry friends!

Rich continues to improve. It has been a very long and slow recovery, but, he is alive and breathing with healthy lungs, so we really can't complain.

Mackey is slated for camp this month. It will be bitter sweet to watch him move on, but, what a treasure he is and will be for someone. I hope he is placed with a child as he has such a sweet personality and such an affinity for children.

I am not going to take another foster pup on until we have reached one year post transplant, but, will instead work with a variety of other pups and dogs.

I'll try to check in more often. My daughter just returned from a 7 day cruise on Carnival Legend. She had a wonderful time and I am a bit envious.

Hi, Sweet Sunshine, it's so good to hear from you and hear that Rich is improving more and more every day. It's a miracle. Along with your wonderful love and expertise your man will be whole again.

I'm so glad to hear about Mackey and sad to hear that another dog won't get your loving for a whole year.

Soon you and Rich will be able to take that magic cruise together, I'd really love to hear about that one.

Take care of you.

Love you,

Roz

Whats the weather on Thursday? My daughter is flying out there to cruise on the 19th. She is going on the Splendor.

Fireplace sounds so nice. :D Not the cold weather tho. Keep warm.

Actually, we're supposed to warm-up by Thursday. We were in the 40's this morning and it's supposed to be in the 60's by Thursday. I don't mind it at all, it's actually nice to have these changes.

Your daughter will love the Splendor, she's a wonderful ship. Lot's to do, a great crew and the food was really yummy!

It's hilarious to watch the "short/sandal" set with their hat/gloves/scarves at the beach!

I don't know how the gals at the Golden Globes could wear their "almost dresses" without becoming popsicles!

We asked for weather and we got it!!!!!!

My furbabies are staying inside by the fireplace these days.

See what happens when you complain?? Now you are cold. It was actually 55 here yesterday, I just wore a t-shirt. Today alittle chillier and tomorrow.... snow :mad: No wonder everyone in this part of the country is sick! I just called to see if Johns rx was ready (the doctor was slow calling in the refill) and the guy told me it was finally called in but they are so busy it wasn't going to be ready til tomorrow. We had already used up all his emergency stash and this is one pill he cannot go without. I told him I would be there in 5 minutes and was going to sit there til he filled it. It was ready :D I felt bad cuz so many people are sick , the pharmacy is nuts! Everyone is going in to get flu shots now, so the pharmacist has to stop and give the shots. It is crazy!!! :eek: John said 34 kids were out sick and the nurse had sent 16 home yesterday in addition to the 34 that are out. These parents can't stay home from their jobs so they are sending the kids in sick. Not good!

This is one of those strange moments. I was just thinking of you the past 2 days and was going to email Roz to see if she had heard from you. Sorry Rich is taking so long to recover, but like you said he is alive with new lungs. Hugs to you and Rich!

Trudy, Finally got to the store to get a frame for the pic you gave me. I will hang it up today in our bedroom. The feather one, I have right next to the couch so I can look at it. :D Our other friend from the cruise is writing an article about cruising and Wex. I will email it to you when I get it.

See what happens when you complain?? Now you are cold. It was actually 55 here yesterday, I just wore a t-shirt. Today alittle chillier and tomorrow.... snow :mad: No wonder everyone in this part of the country is sick! I just called to see if Johns rx was ready (the doctor was slow calling in the refill) and the guy told me it was finally called in but they are so busy it wasn't going to be ready til tomorrow. We had already used up all his emergency stash and this is one pill he cannot go without. I told him I would be there in 5 minutes and was going to sit there til he filled it. It was ready :D I felt bad cuz so many people are sick , the pharmacy is nuts! Everyone is going in to get flu shots now, so the pharmacist has to stop and give the shots. It is crazy!!! :eek: John said 34 kids were out sick and the nurse had sent 16 home yesterday in addition to the 34 that are out. These parents can't stay home from their jobs so they are sending the kids in sick. Not good!

Little "petri dishes" that's what we call them when I worked for a Pediatrician back in the day. When it was flu season we all wore surgical masks and had a "sick" room where all the little germ carriers and their parents had to sit.

I try to stay away from the pharmacies this time of year, if I can.

I also have pills that I can't live without and now have them delivered to work every 3 months through Express Scripts......love it!!! It also saves me money.

Trudy, Finally got to the store to get a frame for the pic you gave me. I will hang it up today in our bedroom. The feather one, I have right next to the couch so I can look at it. :D Our other friend from the cruise is writing an article about cruising and Wex. I will email it to you when I get it.

Whoa, Missy! I want a copy of that Wexy article too!

Well, it looks like my September 29, 2013 cruise is all set with another CCI team joining me. Her name is Starr, her dog is Jenelle [Yellow Lab/Golden cross.] Jenelle is a little girl compared to Horty. We'll have to find them a room where they can let loose. I like to go to the chapel, where you can close the doors and you know you'll be left alone for a while, while everyone's onshore.

The cruise in September has a bit of a change in the itinerary, there are two sea days and the cruise in March has none, it's really port intensive.

It'll be fun to have another CCI dog onboard.....that'll be a first for us.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Well, it looks like my September 29, 2013 cruise is all set with another CCI team joining me. Her name is Starr, her dog is Jenelle [Yellow Lab/Golden cross.] Jenelle is a little girl compared to Horty. We'll have to find them a room where they can let loose. I like to go to the chapel, where you can close the doors and you know you'll be left alone for a while, while everyone's onshore.

The cruise in September has a bit of a change in the itinerary, there are two sea days and the cruise in March has none, it's really port intensive.

Starr is going to kill me.....her dogs name is "Kerinne" not Jenelle.....I have no idea where I got the name Jenelle.....I think there's a trainer at CCI named Jenelle.

I told Starr to come on over and talk with us.....

36690259[/size]]to work every 3 months through Express Scripts......love it!!! It also saves me money.

Roz: I swore by Express Scripts' date=' also, until last time I re-ordered. Although hubby had refills left, "they" decided that he needed prior authorization for a medication he has been taking for at least 10 years. They wouldn't budge. So I had to call the doctor's office that wanted to argue with me that no they didn't need prior authorization and no they couldn't call Express Scripts, that Express Scripts had to call the doctor. So after several days of back and forth I finally told both of them "So this is a stand off between you two and my hubby is the one without his medication." Still nothing. Finally told the doctors office to call the prescription into our local pharmacy. That took 2 weeks to get straightened out also. Now, we are paying more for the prescription and we are the only ones suffering. Not like we are not paying an arm and a leg for our premiums already. Ok, enough rant from me! :D:D[/color']

Little "petri dishes" that's what we call them when I worked for a Pediatrician back in the day. When it was flu season we all wore surgical masks and had a "sick" room where all the little germ carriers and their parents had to sit.

I try to stay away from the pharmacies this time of year, if I can.

I also have pills that I can't live without and now have them delivered to work every 3 months through Express Scripts......love it!!! It also saves me money.

We call them "germ factories". I guess the nurse tried to send one kid home and the mother asked if they could keep him/her til 3:00. :confused: It's hard for the parents to leave work but you can't just send your kid sick. John is so glad he got his flu shot!

That will be so much fun! Horty will have a buddy to play with.

Roz: I swore by Express Scripts, also, until last time I re-ordered. Although hubby had refills left, "they" decided that he needed prior authorization for a medication he has been taking for at least 10 years. They wouldn't budge. So I had to call the doctor's office that wanted to argue with me that no they didn't need prior authorization and no they couldn't call Express Scripts, that Express Scripts had to call the doctor. So after several days of back and forth I finally told both of them "So this is a stand off between you two and my hubby is the one without his medication." Still nothing. Finally told the doctors office to call the prescription into our local pharmacy. That took 2 weeks to get straightened out also. Now, we are paying more for the prescription and we are the only ones suffering. Not like we are not paying an arm and a leg for our premiums already. Ok, enough rant from me! :D:D

I just love it when Nancy goes on a rant!! :D

Great Cindy----we so enjoyed our time on the cruise and Wex and of course it was great meeting you and John.

Sorry that you have snow, I sure don't miss that. My daughter leaves tomorrow for Ca. and her cruise to Hawaii. I will follow her on the web.

Have a great day.

Hi Roz

=

Roz: I swore by Express Scripts, also, until last time I re-ordered. Although hubby had refills left, "they" decided that he needed prior authorization for a medication he has been taking for at least 10 years. They wouldn't budge. So I had to call the doctor's office that wanted to argue with me that no they didn't need prior authorization and no they couldn't call Express Scripts, that Express Scripts had to call the doctor. So after several days of back and forth I finally told both of them "So this is a stand off between you two and my hubby is the one without his medication." Still nothing. Finally told the doctors office to call the prescription into our local pharmacy. That took 2 weeks to get straightened out also. Now, we are paying more for the prescription and we are the only ones suffering. Not like we are not paying an arm and a leg for our premiums already. Ok, enough rant from me! :D:D

Sounds like your doctor's office had a lot to do with the "medicine mess" too. Although, I've heard of some Express Scripts nightmares from another person......so far so good for me....I'll keep my fingers & toes crossed.

Great Cindy----we so enjoyed our time on the cruise and Wex and of course it was great meeting you and John.

Sorry that you have snow, I sure don't miss that. My daughter leaves tomorrow for Ca. and her cruise to Hawaii. I will follow her on the web.

Have a great day.

Hi Roz

=

Trudy, our weather is taking a real turn for the better. We're going to be 70 degrees and higher for this weekend. Perfect for laying by the pool and definitely perfect for cruising to Hawaii. Lucky girl!

Come on out to the east coast Roz. This coming Wednesday the high is supposed to be 24 degrees. :eek:

Darling, my hairspray freezes at anything below 60 degrees and my eyelashes gather icicles. :eek: I love the snow from the windows of the Lodge and with a "hot-totty" in my hand [with a cinammon stick in it, of course.] Oh! And, those little, floaty marshmellows, so adorable! :p I never truly go out into the weather......I just like to observe it! :D