Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Darling, my hairspray freezes at anything below 60 degrees and my eyelashes gather icicles. :eek: I love the snow from the windows of the Lodge and with a "hot-totty" in my hand [with a cinammon stick in it, of course.] Oh! And, those little, floaty marshmellows, so adorable! :p I never truly go out into the weather......I just like to observe it! :D

So I guess we found Roz's Kryptonite...cold weather. I bet she has

trouble standing in front of an open fridge door looking for a snack.

Hee Hee Hee :D

So I guess we found Roz's Kryptonite...cold weather. I bet she has

trouble standing in front of an open fridge door looking for a snack.

Hee Hee Hee :D

Too hot.....Too cold.....One makes my hair frizz and one makes me frizz!!!!

If I don't like the weather, there's always Central Air Conditioning/Heating [can't live without it!] I can change the "don't like" to a "do like" anytime I want. And, the bill equals a house payment every month! :rolleyes:

Open frig: You found Morey's Kryptonite - This is what the man chants...."Roz, what are you trying to do, cool off the entire city with the refrigerator?"......I, notoriously, leave the darn door open while I'm cooking, it's just easier than opening and closing it! ;) Gotta love me!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Trudy, our weather is taking a real turn for the better. We're going to be 70 degrees and higher for this weekend. Perfect for laying by the pool and definitely perfect for cruising to Hawaii. Lucky girl!

Glad to hear that. DD should be in LA today for her cruise on Sat.

26 degrees......Is that your age? There is no air temp that cold, is there? Hey, I'm a California girl!!!! Originally from Pittsburgh but California is under my skin, since the age of 3!!!!

Cindy, what's the deal with Hawaii? I'd love to plan a Hawaii cruise trip with you.....why can't we do it? I'd need a lot of time to plan because it is 2 weeks and I could never do it in February,March or May-due to work commitments. Other than that I'm so for it!

Cindy, what's the deal with Hawaii? I'd love to plan a Hawaii cruise trip with you.....why can't we do it? I'd need a lot of time to plan because it is 2 weeks and I could never do it in February,March or May-due to work commitments. Other than that I'm so for it!

Let me know when you are going and I'll try to go, too. :)

I just signed up for the Bon Voyage Experience. My GF and I are going on March 9th on the Sapphire Princess. I forgot Roz was going on a cruise March 30th or we might have seen you (well, who could miss a big-haired blond with a beautiful black dog... hard to miss ;)). GF wants to try the Sapphire someday so this is perfect. And she wants to go to Hawaii again. :)

26 degrees......Is that your age? There is no air temp that cold, is there? Hey, I'm a California girl!!!! Originally from Pittsburgh but California is under my skin, since the age of 3!!!!

26? My age? Hmmmmm yeah I am. ;) You came from Pittsburgh? Geez that place is freezing. Guess you weren't there long enough to get a thick skin.

I would love to go to Hawaii but as we all know, Cali is to far for me to fly. I would have already met Roz if I could fly there. :( The 3 hours to Fla. is hard enough for me. Of course sometimes we don't even get in the air and Lee is already asleep. :mad: Not fair!!

It's a whole 20 out there now. I actually love the cold weather since our apartment is at 90 all year round. Today I actually put pants on to take Wex out. Usually I wear shorts and a winter coat. Just picture that! :eek: I have to wear shorts in the house, it's just too hot. I just finished housecleaning and I'm sweating. Had to open the windows. Of course John is the opposite, he is always cold. He only feels from the shoulders up but the rest of him doesn't have good circulation. He has the electric blanket at night, I have the window open and the ceiling fan on. We are total opposites, not really sure how we ended up together. :confused:

The article should be coming out on line today/tonight and tomorrow it will be in the paper. It is really is mostly about cruising but she added Wex into it and even mentioned CCI.

Edited by rangeley

Let me know when you are going and I'll try to go, too. :)

I just signed up for the Bon Voyage Experience. My GF and I are going on March 9th on the Sapphire Princess. I forgot Roz was going on a cruise March 30th or we might have seen you (well, who could miss a big-haired blond with a beautiful black dog... hard to miss ;)). GF wants to try the Sapphire someday so this is perfect. And she wants to go to Hawaii again. :)

You'll be on just a few weeks before me. We always cruise the same time around each other. One day we'll get it right and be on together again!

I can't book anymore cruising in 2013 since I already have two planned. But 2014 could be the right year for it. I'll do some looking and you do to, let me know what dates & prices you find and I'll let you know what I find.

I'm feeling yucky; I had some oral surgery on Thursday and my mouth is killing me. I don't like pain pills so I'm trying to get by on Advil.....I hate dental work!

26? My age? Hmmmmm yeah I am. ;) You came from Pittsburgh? Geez that place is freezing. Guess you weren't there long enough to get a thick skin.

I would love to go to Hawaii but as we all know, Cali is to far for me to fly. I would have already met Roz if I could fly there. :( The 3 hours to Fla. is hard enough for me. Of course sometimes we don't even get in the air and Lee is already asleep. :mad: Not fair!!

It's a whole 20 out there now. I actually love the cold weather since our apartment is at 90 all year round. Today I actually put pants on to take Wex out. Usually I wear shorts and a winter coat. Just picture that! :eek: I have to wear shorts in the house, it's just too hot. I just finished housecleaning and I'm sweating. Had to open the windows. Of course John is the opposite, he is always cold. He only feels from the shoulders up but the rest of him doesn't have good circulation. He has the electric blanket at night, I have the window open and the ceiling fan on. We are total opposites, not really sure how we ended up together. :confused:

The article should be coming out on line today/tonight and tomorrow it will be in the paper. It is really is mostly about cruising but she added Wex into it and even mentioned CCI.

Morey and I are the same way. I get too hot and he's always freezing!!! Our gas bill this month was the highest it's ever been since we've been married. And, let's just say we passed the quarter century mark! :p

Where do I go to find the article?

Tried to email it but it won't work so I'm going to try to post it.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/travel/dog-on-a-shipcanine-companion-takes-a-working-vaca/nTxdG/

It's a great article!!!!!

What a fabulous article - and lovely photos! :)

We have a beautiful girl dog here who would just fall in love with that very handsome Wex in his tux! Mind you, who wouldn't??? :D

Thank you for sharing that! :)

-6 here today and lots of snow - :eek:

Cindy, what a wonderful article and the pictures were beautiful. That's exactly what we need to get the "word" out and let everyone know about us.

Thank you so much for sharing it. And, for being such great representatives of CCI.

You mentioned that the article was mostly about cruising.....it was mostly about Wex and that's what we like.

Cindy: What a pawsome article! :D Wouldn't that be great if the cruiselines would let you guys give a small class about your beautiful working furkids? They would all be shining stars!

When we were onboard the Golden Princess to Alaska the cruise director asked me if I would give a demonstration of what Brenda does, but Libby Riddles [the woman who won the Iditarod race] was onboard and, of course, we all wanted to hear her speak. There was no time for Brenda to do her thing!

I think it would be a great idea to let the public see what these dogs can do!

We're still working on Horton's "here" or "come" command for right now!!!! He is such a slow learner compared to Brenny. He does some things so much better than she ever did but some of the most basic commands are taking him more time....it's okay, each dog learns at his own pace!

What a fabulous article - and lovely photos! :)

We have a beautiful girl dog here who would just fall in love with that very handsome Wex in his tux! Mind you, who wouldn't??? :D

Thank you for sharing that! :)

-6 here today and lots of snow - :eek:

Wasn't it a terrific article! We're now in the 80's during the day. It's down to 50 at night and it's supposed to be cool again next week but I'll take the warm-up for now.

Trudy's daughter will have some great weather to start off her cruise this weekend.

Can't get to sleep.....my dental surgery is keeping me up. I'll try some Advil and see if it will help. Brenda's snoring on the couch beside me. Such a sweetie. She moved close to me to keep me company and then went right to sleep.

The dentist said the stitches would dissolve but they're annoyingly dangling from my gum.

Thank goodness for HBO, I'm watching Jurassic Park, that'll take my mind off my mouth! :eek: