Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

mea culpa. while no one's ever accused me to being too socially astute, i wouldn't intentionally make an insensitive remark.

my asking if y'all are the same person was not intended to be disrespectful, my intent was to extend a light-hearted/friendly compliment, since you're "both" [obviously] held in high esteem on this forum.

kindly accept my sincere condolences on your loss and god bless.

Chandler, you've been a true gentleman and someone who we look forward to following on this thread.

Your input has been very helpful. Thank you for that.

I hope that we can help you and and Rex enjoy many more cruises together with us onboard with you!!!!!

I just has to wade in here too! Your last comment makes me feel sick and if you has read ANY of Roz's posts you will know what we all know is that Roz would never put herself before either of her beloved dogs, and dare I say, especially not her beloved Brenda, the Grande Dame of SDs!

Roz has tried day care and spa care and in the end, as she says, Brenda prefers her own couch and Brenda's days will be no different to any other day when Roz goes off to work.

Perhaps when you wrote your comments were meant to be "well intentioned" but I'm afraid your last comment is still sticking in my throat! :mad: and I just know that this will have upset Roz more than you will ever know.

Theldaken - I expect an apology to be forthcoming, and quick!

Your kind words and support are so endearing to me. Yes, his/her words were biting and unkind, it was stunning to read them.

Moving on; Horty gets his nails done today and Brenny had a foot massage this morning......why, because she decided to track in such a mess......I can't begin to tell you what my living room, hall and bedroom rug looked like!!!!! Geezzzzzz Brenny, if you wanted to do redecorating you could have warned me first!!!!!!

Thanks again for your support, much love to you!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Me too!

Roz, you must be looking forward to your cruise with trepidation, and I know we all chatted with you ages ago when you wondered if you would go ... Well here you are and you are going .... :)

You and the Big Boy will have a fabulous time but I'm sure you will have your little moments, you wouldn't be the Roz we all hold so dear if you didn't!

And we will look forward to hearing all about your adventures when you get home! Hugs! :D

Yes, you are right, I'm talking big about this cruise but as you said I'm so hesitant and in the very back of my mind is; "I'm going to cancel it, I'm going to cancel it!"

My daughter Lisa is right there encouraging me to go and if I do nothing else but stay in my cabin and rest, I'm making "forward" steps in my life.

Thank you for thinking positive thoughts for me. They do help!!!!

Right now I am so angry that someone would say these things to one of the sweetest most caring people I know. :mad: People who don't know the facts shouldn't post. The last sentence is out of line and uncalled for :mad:

Cindy, why am I crying? Because I love you and love and treasure the support you are to me!

Thank you so much. I know you "get it!"

Cindy, you should have seen the mess that my little Brenny made for me this morning......She had gone potty and then totally forgot and stepped in it......don't ask! She's also going into rooms and then stopping and you can see that she's thinking, "what am I doing here?" Poor girl, she's acting more and more like an Alzheimer's patient! God Bless her!

Semperpup - gosh we don't seem to be very welcoming to SDs do we?

I wonder if this website is of any help? I know it's for UK folk, but you might be able to pick out some information which may relate to your travels around Europe? I've heard of pet passports and I've also heard that once you get it set up, it's very easy.

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad.

Good luck!

https://www.gov.uk/pet-travel-travelling-with-assistance-dogs

Exactly what he needed. Thank you for passing this info. on!

Roz and everyone else, please don't yell at me but here goes. First let me say that I think I know Roz well enough to know she would NEVER leave her dog home alone. But when you read the above it sounds like she is. But the rest of the poster's statement is despicable!!

I'm afraid the "flatness" of words can say one thing and mean another. Yes, my son will be with Brenny everyday [more than I'm normally with her on any given working day!]

And, if I want to "yell" at you, I will!!!! When has asking me not to ever worked before?

Love you too and thanks for coming onboard with us!!!!!

Yes I agree it does.... But even if the poster had thought that, could they not have asked in a nice way, and not made those horrible comments, I'm sure Roz would have been happy to explain.

I am still smarting from the thought that anyone could even think an animal was disposable in this way!

Isn't that a "yucky" way to think about such beautiful beings.......I think the expression "putting down" a dog is so, so horrible. When someone tells me that they had to "put down" their dog......it makes my skin crawl!!!!!

Yes, you are right, I'm talking big about this cruise but as you said I'm so hesitant and in the very back of my mind is; "I'm going to cancel it, I'm going to cancel it!"

My daughter Lisa is right there encouraging me to go and if I do nothing else but stay in my cabin and rest, I'm making "forward" steps in my life.

Thank you for thinking positive thoughts for me. They do help!!!!

Now girl, don't you be thinking of cancelling the cruise. You deserve it and then some.:p Kick Back and enjoy...

Colleen

173583_529831692_237122452_q_002.jpg.4268ed9fb27bed61e4d68d1d47695116.jpg

Semperpup - gosh we don't seem to be very welcoming to SDs do we?

I wonder if this website is of any help? I know it's for UK folk, but you might be able to pick out some information which may relate to your travels around Europe? I've heard of pet passports and I've also heard that once you get it set up, it's very easy.

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad.

Good luck!

https://www.gov.uk/pet-travel-travelling-with-assistance-dogs

ah heck fairbourne, y'all seem more than welcoming, and yeah those websites look good (even if they are meant for u.k. folk!). fortunately, i do [kind-of] speak english. thank you again!

Roz,

Enjoy your time away in 10 days. We all know what a year you have had, and that you have all in order.

Sounds like Brenda will be all set. You'll probably have to encourage your son and neighbor to take her on a few extra walks to take off the extra chunk from sleeping away the days on the couch. I'm sure she will be glad to see you and Horton when you get home, much refreshed.

Now girl, don't you be thinking of cancelling the cruise. You deserve it and then some.:p Kick Back and enjoy...

Colleen

Colleen, thank you for your good wishes. I'm starting to get excited about going and feeling more like I can socialize with strangers.

I actually found myself smiling and chit-chatting with strangers in the market. In the past few months I just wanted to get in and get out without much interaction with anyone. I think Roz is coming back! I hope so, I've missed her! :o

Roz,

Enjoy your time away in 10 days. We all know what a year you have had, and that you have all in order.

Sounds like Brenda will be all set. You'll probably have to encourage your son and neighbor to take her on a few extra walks to take off the extra chunk from sleeping away the days on the couch. I'm sure she will be glad to see you and Horton when you get home, much refreshed.

Barb, thank you so much. I'm so lucky to have Brenda in my life. Can you imagine working a full-time job for over 10 years and then being able to live an easy life of relaxation at the ripe age of 13 1/2. She's a precious gem and took great care of me, it's now her turn to take it easy!

Colleen

.... I met the dearest miniature poodle the other day, black with the deepest eyes you can imagine and at 12 weeks old his enthusiasm and interest for everything was adorable and unending! I am not surprised at all that they make such great helpers. I thought about you and Oz! :)

Colleen, thank you for your good wishes. I'm starting to get excited about going and feeling more like I can socialize with strangers.

I actually found myself smiling and chit-chatting with strangers in the market. In the past few months I just wanted to get in and get out without much interaction with anyone. I think Roz is coming back! I hope so, I've missed her! :o

Remember the scene in Frankenstein when the townspeople all had torches and were storming the castle? You can expect that if you cancel the cruise!! Besides, think of it this way. How many of those people that you are talking to may be in the same boat (no pun intended) as you? They may be just starting to interact with people again. Just my two cents. :D

I think Roz is coming back! I hope so, I've

Stand-by! Some coifed words of wisdom on their way! Can't wait. Missed them, that's for sur.:Dher! :o This computer is acting all wacko. It tells me my message is too short! Must be more than 3 characters. Now when, if ever have I limited a message to 3 characters? Not to mention the above was already typed. Let's try again.

Remember the scene in Frankenstein when the townspeople all had torches and were storming the castle? You can expect that if you cancel the cruise!! Besides, think of it this way. How many of those people that you are talking to may be in the same boat (no pun intended) as you? They may be just starting to interact with people again. Just my two cents. :D

The image in my head is so funny [those towns people coming for me]!!!!

Your words are so true and your two cents so welcome!!! Everyone has their own baggage. I'm ready to share and hear others.

Thanks DKD.....Love you!!!

Stand-by! Some coifed words of wisdom on their way! Can't wait. Missed them, that's for sur.:Dher! :o This computer is acting all wacko. It tells me my message is too short! Must be more than 3 characters. Now when, if ever have I limited a message to 3 characters? Not to mention the above was already typed. Let's try again.[/b][/color]

Nancy, I'm up and running....[not on my full mark but getting better!]

Girl, you've got to get your computer straightened out, it's some pretty confusing stuff that you're asking these old eyes to figure out! :eek: