Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

We had about 12" of snow in about 5 hours yesterday afternoon. :mad:

Fortunately, it warmed up and rained all night and got rid of most of it. :D We are supposed to get 1" to 3" tomorrow. And it's getting colder every day this week. I just hope Davis gets here from California OK in Friday morning.

Yikes!! We had an inch or two and then rain. Just enough to make a mess. We are also suppose to get 2-4 tomorrow. Looks like 20's and 30's for the high and teens at night for the next week. :eek:

Misty is coming along beautifully. We were doing Listening skills refresher yesterday and she was dead on. Then, last night I burned some garlic bread under the broiler and the fire alarm went off.......Misty bounced off my knee and then went in three circles and dropped to the ground.......exactly what she is suppose to do. Smart Girl.

I take her to the vet next week for her check up to go to Florida with us for the winter. The vet will also insert the EU microchip for her trip to Europe in April.

My darling Oz is loving his retirement, kicking back and just being a love, as always.:p

Hope all is well in your world.....Colleen

Misty is coming along beautifully. We were doing Listening skills refresher yesterday and she was dead on. Then, last night I burned some garlic bread under the broiler and the fire alarm went off.......Misty bounced off my knee and then went in three circles and dropped to the ground.......exactly what she is suppose to do. Smart Girl.

I take her to the vet next week for her check up to go to Florida with us for the winter. The vet will also insert the EU microchip for her trip to Europe in April.

My darling Oz is loving his retirement, kicking back and just being a love, as always.:p

Awesome Colleen!!! Sounds like Misty is fitting in just fine. Best of luck to you!

Colleen-------what a doll your Misty is and glad to hear that Oz is doing well.

Good Morning Cindy-------I see that you are up early.

Hi Everyone, hope you are all doing well and you have a great day.

Yikes!! We had an inch or two and then rain. Just enough to make a mess. We are also suppose to get 2-4 tomorrow. Looks like 20's and 30's for the high and teens at night for the next week. :eek:

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It's so cold! I hate cold weather! I can take heat better than cold. I can NEVER take humidity! It's all about the hair!

Colleen, it's so wonderful that Misty is fitting into your life so well. And, even better to hear that Oz is living the good life!

You did a great job with Oz and now it's Misty's turn to reap the reward of you as her leader!

Colleen, Misty is just gorgeous, she looks like she has really long legs, although I know that she's quite little really! And what a clever girl, sounds like you two will be quite the team, and I'm happy for you that this is working out so well as I know that you were so worried before you went for your new dog.

So glad Oz is enjoying his retirement - have Misty and Oz met yet?

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It's so cold! I hate cold weather! I can take heat better than cold. I can NEVER take humidity! It's all about the hair!

Tell me about it - I could literally feel my hair growing bigger one day when we were on the ship sailing between Bermuda and Miami and it was so humid. It goes from being quite straight to curls! Which is fine if you're six years old and want ringlets! :p

Tell me about it - I could literally feel my hair growing bigger one day when we were on the ship sailing between Bermuda and Miami and it was so humid. It goes from being quite straight to curls! Which is fine if you're six years old and want ringlets! :p

Or, your name is "Shirley!"

It was 11 degrees at my daughter's house yesterday! NO WAY!

Through all my trials and tribulations in Oregon. The weather did hold-out for me while I was visiting.

Did I tell you guys that someone ran into the side of my car last Wednesday night. He left the most interesting mark on the passengers door.......looks like an insignia for the letter "V". Of course, his driver side mirror was doing the most amazing, dangling dance after "Adohr" mashed it! I call my SUV "Adohr" because it looks like a milk truck and Adohr Farms was the name of a dairy, that delivered door-to-door, here in L.A.

Hey, Morey decided that I needed to drive a white SUV, not thinking that it looked like the biggest milk truck. And, it's been a "bulls-eye" for every ding and mis-adventure you can think of. I'd NEVER drive another white vehicle again. When "Adohr's" done, hello black car!!!!!

My insurance company called yesterday and I have to take my car to the repair shop on the 19th, where I will be picked-up by Enterprize and will get a rental SUV, again, to play "dodge" with! The repair shop is so busy this was the first date they had available. I guess it's the business to get into......auto body shops. At least, here in L.A. :rolleyes:

Did I tell you guys that someone ran into the side of my car last Wednesday night. He left the most interesting mark on the passengers door.......looks like an insignia for the letter "V". Of course, his driver side mirror was doing the most amazing, dangling dance after "Adohr" mashed it! I call my SUV "Adohr" because it looks like a milk truck and Adohr Farms was the name of a dairy, that delivered door-to-door, here in L.A.

Hey, Morey decided that I needed to drive a white SUV, not thinking that it looked like the biggest milk truck. And, it's been a "bulls-eye" for every ding and mis-adventure you can think of. I'd NEVER drive another white vehicle again. When "Adohr's" done, hello black car!!!!!

My insurance company called yesterday and I have to take my car to the repair shop on the 19th, where I will be picked-up by Enterprize and will get a rental SUV, again, to play "dodge" with! The repair shop is so busy this was the first date they had available. I guess it's the business to get into......auto body shops. At least, here in L.A. :rolleyes:

I think you need to go visit somebody to have all that bad mojo taken off of you!! Maybe dance with a chicken foot or have somebody shake a rattle over you. Until then don't make any plans to come east please. :eek:

I think you need to go visit somebody to have all that bad mojo taken off of you!! Maybe dance with a chicken foot or have somebody shake a rattle over you. Until then don't make any plans to come east please. :eek:

I swear! Light some sage! Pluck that chicken! Spit over your shoulder and turn three times......this has nothing to do with Mojo, this is a dang curse, I'm telling you a dang curse!!!!!! Light-up your pentagrams and get a hold of them eyeballs and pray I don't land in your village!!!!! :eek:

Horton and I are driving to Oceanside on Thursday for ADI Testing......do you think the timing might be off or.....Heck, just go for it! What else could possibly happen?

Oh! And, did I mention that testing is on FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!!!!!:eek:

It's good luck, right!!!!! :o

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Horton and I are driving to Oceanside on Thursday for ADI Testing......do you think the timing might be off or.....Heck, just go for it! What else could possibly happen?

Oh! And, did I mention that testing is on FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!!!!!:eek:

It's good luck, right!!!!! :o

Darn right it's good luck!! That's the day we pick up Davis!! :D

You guys will do great. It seems the CCI dogs know when the

pressure is on and they have to make us look good. :rolleyes:

Darn right it's good luck!! That's the day we pick up Davis!! :D

You guys will do great. It seems the CCI dogs know when the

pressure is on and they have to make us look good. :rolleyes:

Awwww! The voice of reason, that's my DKD! You must be getting so excited. Starting fresh with a new puppy! Lucky boy [both of you!]

I'm not too worried about the testing. What's the worst Horton could do........run for the Pizza Parlor in the food court, jump the cash resgister, knock down the clerk and grab a piece of pizza! Good Marley good!!!!!! :D

Colleen, Misty is just gorgeous, she looks like she has really long legs, although I know that she's quite little really! And what a clever girl, sounds like you two will be quite the team, and I'm happy for you that this is working out so well as I know that you were so worried before you went for your new dog.

So glad Oz is enjoying his retirement - have Misty and Oz met yet?

Oh yes, they play together and it is too funny.........Misty does all the running around and Oz does all the vocals........Misty races around Oz a zillion times and Oz voices his pleasure each time they come into contact....Oz loves play fighting and his eyes twinkle.

Oh yes, they play together and it is too funny.........Misty does all the running around and Oz does all the vocals........Misty races around Oz a zillion times and Oz voices his pleasure each time they come into contact....Oz loves play fighting and his eyes twinkle.

So adorably cute.

When Horton and I come in the door after work, Brenda waits by the door, Horton runs into the living room and they do circles around each other. She jumps for joy and acts like she's 2 years old. It's the cutest thing in the whole world to see!

Horton's job is to bring joy to Brenda's life and complete me! DONE!!!! ;)

Let's see: Horton had his nails dremmeled today, his teeth cleaned last Friday. He's been to the groomers two weeks ago and really only needs a good brushing, his weight is spot-on [getting ready for the trainers inspection he'll get on Friday] and I've been practicing with throwing kibble at him as he's in a "down/stay", so far so good! He just looks at the kibble and then looks at me, good boy!

Have I missed anything? I'm sure he'll do really well on the commands and I'm praying that he doesn't do a "Horton" when I drop his leash during my walk in the mall. You know, where he just takes off......wouldn't that be fun to watch!!!!! NOT!

Boy, am I ready for a cruise! My next one isn't until April....will I make it? :confused:

I'll let you know how it goes when I return home on Friday night or Saturday.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I got back from CT earlier and popped in for a quick catchup. I figured I would come back later and post. In the mean time my son calls me and tells me someone hit his truck!! :eek: Don't be spreading your luck this way, we have enough troubles of our own. :eek:

But seriously, I'm blown away at the things that have happened to you this past year. Try to stay in one piece for the next couple weeks. :D

Best of luck on your recert, I'm sure you will both do great. These dogs know when to turn it on.

Let's see: Horton had his nails dremmeled today, his teeth cleaned last Friday. He's been to the groomers two weeks ago and really only needs a good brushing, his weight is spot-on [getting ready for the trainers inspection he'll get on Friday] and I've been practicing with throwing kibble at him as he's in a "down/stay", so far so good! He just looks at the kibble and then looks at me, good boy!

Have I missed anything? I'm sure he'll do really well on the commands and I'm praying that he doesn't do a "Horton" when I drop his leash during my walk in the mall. You know, where he just takes off......wouldn't that be fun to watch!!!!! NOT!

Boy, am I ready for a cruise! My next one isn't until April....will I make it? :confused:

I'll let you know how it goes when I return home on Friday night or Saturday.

Poor Horty, he's had a lot of poking and prodding the last couple weeks. Maybe we should hire someone to video you everywhere you go. Might be interesting ;)

By the way, I called my friend at CCI and told her your Oregon story. She was shocked!!! She was going to tell the head trainer and told us not to be surprised to get an email about it. Maybe how to never let go of the leash or some other things to do in case it happens to anyone else. When I mentioned Hortys name, she said that a trainer from CA was working at our CCI and she thought the girl had trained Horty. :confused::confused: Maybe? Was his trainer a girl? I forgot her name.

Edited by rangeley

Poor Horty, he's had a lot of poking and prodding the last couple weeks. Maybe we should hire someone to video you everywhere you go. Might be interesting ;)

By the way, I called my friend at CCI and told her your Oregon story. She was shocked!!! She was going to tell the head trainer and told us not to be surprised to get an email about it. Maybe how to never let go of the leash or some other things to do in case it happens to anyone else. When I mentioned Hortys name, she said that a trainer from CA was working at our CCI and she thought the girl had trained Horty. :confused::confused: Maybe? Was his trainer a girl? I forgot her name.

I was holding onto Horty with dear life! There was no way that she was going to get him from me. NO WAY!!!!! Can you imagine, I would have been devastated!!!

I would love to hear what else the trainers would suggest that I could have done. Horton and I won so I guess my being pushed & pulled didn't work for the bad guys but what else could I have done short of carrying a gun?

I will ask the question on Friday sometime before or after our testing. And, I'll get back to you guys with what they suggest! Geezzz, what is our world coming to?

Horton had a few trainers at CCI; one was Ken Reid and there were two gals who were so wonderful.....I can see their faces but their names completely slip my mind. I wish they would list the trainers in The Companion Magazine, along with our graduation pictures, so we could have a permanent record of the wonderful people who work with us and our amazing heroes!!!!!