Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Hi, Colleen, yes I am going to be on that Reflection cruise from Rome to Miami. Really excited to hear you and your guide dog for the deaf will also be on board!! I am looking forward to meeting you both in person. We love transatlantics so will be very interested to hear about your experiences traveling with your canine partner on board.

There were three service dogs on our Celebrity Century Hawaii cruise in April. A young man in a wheelchair explained to us about the potty arrangements for his golden. On the last day, we sat next to a woman at breakfast with a seizure dog who told us the Honolulu authorities would not allow the dogs ashore, which seemed so odd for a US port.

I've learned some already from reading this thread about cruising with a service dog, which has been very encouraging. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences.

Hi Chris, well we will probably see each other. I am hard to miss, being with the guide dog. FYI - a titer test is needed for Hawaii, as it is rabies free. The Government vet came on board when we sailed to Hawaii, checked my last service dog and the paperwork, and we were then free to go anyway in Hawaii.

My recently retired guide dog and I have done 6 TA's and loved each one. The last one on the Reflection in the spring.

Cindy, I didn't know Rangeley, but I'm in love. He's exactly what I wanted, initially. What a handsome dog. How old was he when he passed. You must miss him so!

I swear, I was thinking exactly the same thing about that dog in the front, what a "goof-ball" face. But, I love it! They all have their very own look, don't they?

Ocho is sure a cutie! Really, really cute!

I love Labs, they're such handsome and fabulous looking dogs. Now, if I could just get used to their hair! I know it's not supposed to be a big deal but it's EVERYWHERE!

Oh Cindy, Rangeley is so Majestic! Beautiful boy. Reminds me of Reno. Tears.

He was a beauty and just the best lovey dog. He was my bud. He was actually alot like Wexler in many ways. Except Wexler is a bigger pest.

I added my son to the cruise yesterday. I have been waiting for the price to go down for the third person. We usually get him for free, except for port fees. This year he was 199, can't complain. He eats 199 the first day! LOL Made speciality dinner arrangements, so we are all set.

Edited by rangeley

Hi, Colleen, yes I am going to be on that Reflection cruise from Rome to Miami. Really excited to hear you and your guide dog for the deaf will also be on board!! I am looking forward to meeting you both in person. We love transatlantics so will be very interested to hear about your experiences traveling with your canine partner on board.

There were three service dogs on our Celebrity Century Hawaii cruise in April. A young man in a wheelchair explained to us about the potty arrangements for his golden. On the last day, we sat next to a woman at breakfast with a seizure dog who told us the Honolulu authorities would not allow the dogs ashore, which seemed so odd for a US port.

I've learned some already from reading this thread about cruising with a service dog, which has been very encouraging. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences.

You've really had a chance to meet a few Service Dogs onboard a cruise. Before we cruised with Brenda, my first SD, I had NEVER seen or met another Service Dog onboard a cruise. I felt like quite the pioneer!

I'm so glad that you're learning a lot and will be so ready when your dog comes into your life!

He was a beauty and just the best lovey dog. He was my bud. He was actually alot like Wexler in many ways. Except Wexler is a bigger pest.

I added my son to the cruise yesterday. I have been waiting for the price to go down for the third person. We usually get him for free, except for port fees. This year he was 199, can't complain. He eats 199 the first day! LOL Made speciality dinner arrangements, so we are all set.

Wow! That doesn't hurt much to add the third person. Very smart on the cruise ships part to keep the charges low.

I will be on vacation starting tomorrow until Jan. 2 so I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Hopefully I will be checking in once in a while. But Davis wanted to say Merry Christmas too!!

SantaHat.jpg

And A very happy Christmas to you too Davis. He's just gorgeous :D

I will be on vacation starting tomorrow until Jan. 2 so I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Hopefully I will be checking in once in a while. But Davis wanted to say Merry Christmas too!!

SantaHat.jpg

Shhhhhhh! He's so busy sleeping!

Merry Christmas to you and yours and may the coming New Year bring all of us good health and joy!

Boy, are you lucky that you live far away........I'd be over every day to play with this boy!

I love his rolly-polly tummy!!!!!

May I also take this opportunity to wish all my dear cyber friends A Very Merry Christmas and all the happiness in the world for the New Year 2014.:)

And to our Doggy Pals, lots of Woofs from our house to yours! LOL! ;):D.

You too! Stay warm and cuddle with the one you love!

DKD, Fabulous pictures. I sneaked a peek at the rest of them. Brings back fond memories of my Reno Boy! The rest of your furkids are gorgeous too! You can tell they are well taken care of. Your little Yorkie just glistens. Jezzy Lou has dry skin and gets hot spots.

Happy Everything, Nancy.

Try the Omega 3 capsules from Entirely Pets dot com, they work wonders on the dogs fur.

I put a few capsules in Horton's breakfast and dinner and Brenda gets one a day. They have a "snip-tip" so I just cut the tip and squirt it on their kibble.

Horton and Brenny love it and their fur and skin do too!

Thanks, Roz, I know you have mentioned before what you put on the furkids food. I am going to try it. She got her oatmeal shampoo bath yesterday. She sure needed it! I try and not bath her that often because of her skin. Plus she is now wearing her T-shirts since it has finally cooled off, well in the mornings and evenings anyway!

Merry Christmas and the Best in the

New Year to all of you !

I have been just lurking lately but do

think about all of you, often.

Hugs to all the furry friends both old and new.

I love the pictures. :)

Trudy, I hope all is well for you and the very best in the coming year!

Lurker here checking in quickly. Just noticed that another story was on Fox News Insider regarding false service dogs. Hope this link works. http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/12/24/dog-fraud-growing-concerns-about-impostor-service-dogs

Our temperatures here are really low, close to zero. However Gibson loves the snow we have on the ground. He runs along with his nose buried, scooping it as he goes.

We all loved the video from the Disney cruise of Pluto playing with the service dog. Shared it with all my co-workers and friends.

Thanks, Beckie