Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Thanks for the idea Roz but it's outside for him. We are expecting 4" to 6" of snow and a high temp of 19. :eek: I think I'm gonna work from home tomorrow.

You're a truly brave soul! Knowing you, he'll do very well. How you'll survive is another story!!!!! Good luck!

Thanks for the idea Roz but it's outside for him. We are expecting 4" to 6" of snow and a high temp of 19. :eek: I think I'm gonna work from home tomorrow.

4-6"?? Geez we got that already :( The wind is picking up and we are in a blizzard warning.

4-6"?? Geez we got that already :( The wind is picking up and we are in a blizzard warning.

I'm coming to get you! Hold on, don't let go of Wex or he'll blow away! No more peeing in the snow.........He can run on the beach and play out in the 80 degree weather......Of course, you never know when that earthquake is going to hit and we all have to run for cover! Might be worth it for you.

I'm sure, after these winter storms there'll be lots of folks moving out west......Look out California, here they come! :p

I'm coming to get you! Hold on, don't let go of Wex or he'll blow away! No more peeing in the snow.........He can run on the beach and play out in the 80 degree weather......Of course, you never know when that earthquake is going to hit and we all have to run for cover! Might be worth it for you.

I'm sure, after these winter storms there'll be lots of folks moving out west......Look out California, here they come! :p

We got around 14" of snow and it's 3 outside right now. :eek: Wex is not liking it. He was holding up his paws. He's so delicate! :rolleyes:

Jezzy Lou hates the cold, but oh boy did she love that snow in Colorado! She would put her nose down and shovel like a snow plow! I could stand in the laundry room and watch her from the glass french doors. When she got done, up on the stairs, sliding in like a baseball player. Now she sleeps in the bed, with her own little blanket on her! Spoiled, indeed.

Cindy, stay inside and stay warm!

[quote name='rangeley']We got around 14" of snow and it's 3 outside right now. :eek: Wex is not liking it. He was holding up his paws. He's so delicate! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Purple"][B]Holy Jeepers Jahosafat! What the heck! No one can live in that kind of weather! Honker down girlfriend!

Wexy's saying, [I]"I give up, I give up!"[/I]

Stay warm and cozy.....so what if you have no provisions to exist on! Gotta go out and hunt and gather some time!

Good luck![/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=Purple][B]Holy Jeepers Jahosafat! What the heck! No one can live in that kind of weather! Honker down girlfriend!

Wexy's saying, [I]"I give up, I give up!"[/I]

Stay warm and cozy.....so what if you have no provisions to exist on! Gotta go out and hunt and gather some time!

Good luck![/B][/COLOR][/quote]

It says it's -8 here this morning. We just went out and Wex couldn't walk back from the other side of the parking lot. Once he gets inside, he starts running. He is the biggest wuss I have ever seen. What a baby. :rolleyes:

My son was going ice fishing today but him and his buddy are actually being smart (for once) and not going cuz of the weather.

Him and his gf broke up on New Years eve. I could see it coming and I feel so bad for him. She was very nice but she wasn't the one for him. Of course thats a mother statement. :D He will find someone else.

[quote name='rangeley']It says it's -8 here this morning. We just went out and Wex couldn't walk back from the other side of the parking lot. Once he gets inside, he starts running. He is the biggest wuss I have ever seen. What a baby. :rolleyes:

Good Morning Everyone--sorry you are having such terrible weather in so many places.

Cindy-----
did you check Wex's feet. They probably were extra cold this morning. Hope they didn't get frost bite. I have seen dogs with booties on and I guess that might be a good idea with all the ice and snow around. I'll have to come and take Wex away from you. :D And bring him down here in the warm weather.

Hope all of you get through, safe and sound, in this terrible weather you are having. We have been cool and very windy here in the last couple of days. We cant complain tho, we have great weather compared to yours. Keep warm and safe. I am sure some of the fur babies love the snow.

[quote name='trudle'][quote name='rangeley']It says it's -8 here this morning. We just went out and Wex couldn't walk back from the other side of the parking lot. Once he gets inside, he starts running. He is the biggest wuss I have ever seen. What a baby. :rolleyes:

Good Morning Everyone--sorry you are having such terrible weather in so many places.

Cindy-----
did you check Wex's feet. They probably were extra cold this morning. Hope they didn't get frost bite. I have seen dogs with booties on and I guess that might be a good idea with all the ice and snow around. I'll have to come and take Wex away from you. :D And bring him down here in the warm weather.

Hope all of you get through, safe and sound, in this terrible weather you are having. We have been cool and very windy here in the last couple of days. We cant complain tho, we have great weather compared to yours. Keep warm and safe. I am sure some of the fur babies love the snow.[/quote]

When we first got Wex we tried the booties, and he wouldn't move. It was so funny. We will be in Florida next month for the nice weather! :D

Roz, did you feel or know there was a small earthquake in the LA area. The paper said it was about a 3.0. Which I know if you live in southern CA people don't usually feel the quake. I hope you and the dogs are okay.

I feel for the people who are having deep snow, and or below normal temperatures. I am so glad I don't live in MN anymore. Take care everyone. Susan

[quote name='frecgenswl82']Roz, did you feel or know there was a small earthquake in the LA area. The paper said it was about a 3.0. Which I know if you live in southern CA people don't usually feel the quake. I hope you and the dogs are okay.

I feel for the people who are having deep snow, and or below normal temperatures. I am so glad I don't live in MN anymore. Take care everyone. Susan[/quote]

Wow Susan, I'm sure that the weather we are having doesn't compare to MN. Yikes!! Brrrrrrrrr

[quote name='rangeley']It says it's -8 here this morning. We just went out and Wex couldn't walk back from the other side of the parking lot. Once he gets inside, he starts running. He is the biggest wuss I have ever seen. What a baby. :rolleyes:

My son was going ice fishing today but him and his buddy are actually being smart (for once) and not going cuz of the weather.

Him and his gf broke up on New Years eve. I could see it coming and I feel so bad for him. She was very nice but she wasn't the one for him. Of course thats a mother statement. :D He will find someone else.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Purple"][B]Awwwwww! Wexy, hang in there, the weather will get warmer and you'll be on a cruise ship soon and this will all be a distant memory![/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"][B]Please tell Lee that I wish the best for him in this difficult time. Young love and break-up's can be trying on the soul![/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"][B]My best to all the men in your life, Cindy! And, I wish you lots of strength so that you can take care of them![/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='frecgenswl82']Roz, did you feel or know there was a small earthquake in the LA area. The paper said it was about a 3.0. Which I know if you live in southern CA people don't usually feel the quake. I hope you and the dogs are okay.

I feel for the people who are having deep snow, and or below normal temperatures. I am so glad I don't live in MN anymore. Take care everyone. Susan[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Purple"][B]Susan, I heard about it but, fortunately, didn't feel it! I hate to talk about it but we are very "over-due" and it never leaves the back of our minds as we live in this "nirvana" of weather conditions! [/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"][B]I would have a very difficult time with my poor Brenny; trying to leave in any given good time would be quite a fete. Brenda moves very slowly, Horton on the other hand is a great runner......I should get a cart for Brenny & me and have Horty pull us to safety![/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"][B]I have all the necessary emergency provisions should we have to hunker-down and wait for rescue workers. The dogs have plenty of emergency water and food and I have all the can goods, etc. Hopefully, I'll never need any of it!!!![/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='rangeley'][quote name='trudle']

When we first got Wex we tried the booties, and he wouldn't move. It was so funny. We will be in Florida next month for the nice weather! :D[/QUOTE]

I know---wishing I were on your cruise but I had to pick with the sister in law----maybe next time.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We ended up with about 10" of snow. Davis loves it! We had warm weather and rain yesterday and last night so most of it is gone.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 16. Oh to be a puppy raiser now that winter is here. Never again in the winter.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='DisneyKidsDad'][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We ended up with about 10" of snow. Davis loves it! We had warm weather and rain yesterday and last night so most of it is gone.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 16. Oh to be a puppy raiser now that winter is here. Never again in the winter.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

We are getting the rain today. It's like 56 out and tonight into the single digits. :eek:

I had sent in the permit form for Wex to go to HALs private island in the Bahamas. I think I sent it in November. Since I didn't get the permit back, I decided to call, ugh. After 4 transfers and not understanding anything they said, I now have to call back while she tries to find the darn thing. :confused::confused::confused::confused: Since we are about a month out, I'm getting worried that it might not get here in time, thats if they even have it. :eek: Undo stress at this time :(

[quote name='DisneyKidsDad'][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We ended up with about 10" of snow. Davis loves it! We had warm weather and rain yesterday and last night so most of it is gone.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 16. Oh to be a puppy raiser now that winter is here. Never again in the winter.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="Purple"]Boy! We've been watching it on the news.......A really cold winter for you guys! We, on the other hand, are getting the weirdest heat wave......is anyone upstairs paying attention!!!!!:eek: I believe the weather God's are napping!!!! :cool:[/COLOR]
[B][/B][/B]
[COLOR="Purple"][B]And, what puppy doesn't like snow!!!![/B][/COLOR] Edited by wizard-of-roz

[quote name='rangeley']We are getting the rain today. It's like 56 out and tonight into the single digits. :eek:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Purple"][B]Just awful......stay warm!!!!

[B]Just when I think I hate the warm summers........here comes the freezing winters [except for L.A.!] :confused:[/B][/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='rangeley']I had sent in the permit form for Wex to go to HALs private island in the Bahamas. I think I sent it in November. Since I didn't get the permit back, I decided to call, ugh. After 4 transfers and not understanding anything they said, I now have to call back while she tries to find the darn thing. :confused::confused::confused::confused: Since we are about a month out, I'm getting worried that it might not get here in time, thats if they even have it. :eek: Undo stress at this time :([/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Purple"][B]Cindy, why can't they fax or scan it to your Vets office? That takes minutes![/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=Purple][B]Cindy, why can't they fax or scan it to your Vets office? That takes minutes![/B][/COLOR][/quote]

I usually fax from the office downstairs but we are not happy with the goings on here right now and didn't want to ask. I just called back to the Bahamas and she asked me for a fax so I gave her the office one and I'm now waiting for her to fax the permit. Of course that means that they have it and have done nothing about it! :mad: It's probably been sitting there for a month or two. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't want to be stressed a month out. :eek:

Just wanted to share with everybody my exciting news today. I've been accepted to receive a Certified Hearing Dog! (from Dogs for the Deaf in Oregon). I know you can all relate to how I feel today.

Especially wanted to share with Colleen, Misty & Oz!

Now the real waiting begins. Could be a year or longer. But Bob and I are so excited. Up until now, it was IF we get a dog...now we get to say WHEN.

Happy New Year and stay warm everybody. Going down possibly 15 degrees tonight, pretty unheard-of for the NC Coast.