Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Hope everyone had a nice Holiday. Our was interesting. John has been sick since Saturday and stayed home instead of going to his sisters. I went to CT to my moms. Since my mom is 88, I did all the cooking and pretty much everything else too. We had a pretty quiet day. Around 8pm my son got the chills and was sick for the rest of the night. The next day his gf got sick too. His bff has pneumonia, so I guess thats where the sickness began. Everyone is sick around here. I have never seen so many people sick. Even Wex has something, some kind of eye infection. He got it the day before xmas. Luckily I had a tube of eye antibiotic here and started to use it right away. His eye is looking much better now. If I end up sick, I will kill all of them! :D

Now its on to the cruise and I hope everyone has their sickness out of them by then. :( This year I have lots of time to do things, since we are going in February instead of next week like we usually do. I can recover from the Holiday before I have to stress out about the cruise. :eek:

Hope everyone had a nice Holiday. Our was interesting. John has been sick since Saturday and stayed home instead of going to his sisters. I went to CT to my moms. Since my mom is 88, I did all the cooking and pretty much everything else too. We had a pretty quiet day. Around 8pm my son got the chills and was sick for the rest of the night. The next day his gf got sick too. His bff has pneumonia, so I guess thats where the sickness began. Everyone is sick around here. I have never seen so many people sick. Even Wex has something, some kind of eye infection. He got it the day before xmas. Luckily I had a tube of eye antibiotic here and started to use it right away. His eye is looking much better now. If I end up sick, I will kill all of them! :D

Now its on to the cruise and I hope everyone has their sickness out of them by then. :( This year I have lots of time to do things, since we are going in February instead of next week like we usually do. I can recover from the Holiday before I have to stress out about the cruise. :eek:

Cindy, I firmly believe that 2013 came along and some door to hell was opened! :(

I will be so glad when it's over.

I'm sorry that your family is all ill but you all have lots of time to recuperate before your cruise. Remember it's that 10 day to two week thing when it comes to colds, etc. Drink lots and make them clean-up after themselves.

You're so lucky to still have your mom with you. Enjoy your time together.

My right hand still hurts like the dickens and my right hip is still giving me some pain but hey, that's what the pain pills are for! Like I take them when I'm supposed to! I forget most of the time and when I do remember there's a big meeting coming-up at work and I feel like a zombie! I love when I close my eyes and here comes the sleep!!!!!! :o

I'm wishing you a wonderful New Year and praying that it will be better than the last!

Cindy, Well Merry Christmas to you. Trav and I have that nasty sore throat, can't get the itch outta there cough. So far Keith just has other medical issues. Hope everyone starts to recoup real soon and that you don't get it.

Roz, you are right. I am so ready to kick 2013 to the curb. Don't let the door hit it where the good Lord split it!

Cindy, I firmly believe that 2013 came along and some door to hell was opened! :(

I will be so glad when it's over.

I'm sorry that your family is all ill but you all have lots of time to recuperate before your cruise. Remember it's that 10 day to two week thing when it comes to colds, etc. Drink lots and make them clean-up after themselves.

You're so lucky to still have your mom with you. Enjoy your time together.

My right hand still hurts like the dickens and my right hip is still giving me some pain but hey, that's what the pain pills are for! Like I take them when I'm supposed to! I forget most of the time and when I do remember there's a big meeting coming-up at work and I feel like a zombie! I love when I close my eyes and here comes the sleep!!!!!! :o

I'm wishing you a wonderful New Year and praying that it will be better than the last!

I've had years that I thought would never end. Hang in there, it's almost over. Next year will be better!! :D

Did you ever end up with a cast on that hand? Hopefully you will feel better soon. I can't even imagine you on pain pills. :eek:

Cindy, Well Merry Christmas to you. Trav and I have that nasty sore throat, can't get the itch outta there cough. So far Keith just has other medical issues. Hope everyone starts to recoup real soon and that you don't get it.

Roz, you are right. I am so ready to kick 2013 to the curb. Don't let the door hit it where the good Lord split it!

Ok everyone needs to get better soon!! :mad:

I've had years that I thought would never end. Hang in there, it's almost over. Next year will be better!! :D

Did you ever end up with a cast on that hand? Hopefully you will feel better soon. I can't even imagine you on pain pills. :eek:

Yes, they casted it, then they gave me a splint with Velcro which kept my hand immobilized and now the doctor wants me to exercise it and use this squishey thing that I use to flex it.

Hah! Pain pills and Roz, there's a lethal combination!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Hah! Pain pills and Roz, there's a lethal combination!

:eek: Hope it starts to feel better. Even more so, wish they had found the evil, wicked, witch that did that to you and Horty. I would love just a few minutes with her to do more damage than she did to you. I know, not very nice, but that is how I feel.:o

:eek: Hope it starts to feel better. Even more so, wish they had found the evil, wicked, witch that did that to you and Horty. I would love just a few minutes with her to do more damage than she did to you. I know, not very nice, but that is how I feel.:o

Such a dang nightmare! Every time someone approaches me now and wants to touch Horton, I get goose bumps.

He's a remarkably handsome dog and I totally get people who just want to get close to him and want to touch him. But, it does make me a bit nervous!

I'll get over it and find my comfort zone again. Once I can walk without the pain in my right hip and my darn hand doesn't hurt every time I pick up something It'll be so much easier to forgive and forget!

Roz, do you slip your hand through the handle on Horty's leash? I know I do for Jezzy Lou. Of course she is a lot smaller. But when she sees something she doesn't like or she thinks she needs to take care of, look out for those little Bull Terrier legs to dig in. She could pull me over if I wasn't paying attention. When were staying at the RV park, I was reluctant to let Travis take her for walks. He always said, "Mom, I can hold her." I wasn't so sure and being the over protective mom wouldn't let him unless I was with him. /COLOR]

Marcia, that is so cute.....and, hey, what's up with that mix up!!!!!

Happy New Year to EVERYONE........Now, somebody, please shut that door to hell!!!!!

My car is all repaired and looks great; my hand still hurts but I can tell it's getting better, my hip hurts like a son-of-a-gun but at least I can walk; and, all my children and doggies are doing great! Life is good!!!!! ;)

Roz, do you slip your hand through the handle on Horty's leash? I know I do for Jezzy Lou. Of course she is a lot smaller. But when she sees something she doesn't like or she thinks she needs to take care of, look out for those little Bull Terrier legs to dig in. She could pull me over if I wasn't paying attention. When were staying at the RV park, I was reluctant to let Travis take her for walks. He always said, "Mom, I can hold her." I wasn't so sure and being the over protective mom wouldn't let him unless I was with him. /COLOR]

My left hand slips through the loop and my right hand was holding the knot [i always tie a few knots in the leash for leverage.] She stepped on my hand to get me to let go but it just made me grip harder and, of course, is the reason that my right hand got so much bruising!

This too shall pass! Right?

Oh goody more snow for us. :mad: They are predicting 10-14". :mad: And they are calling for blizzard conditions. Besides the snow, it's going to get really cold, tomorrow the high is going to be 15, low 10, YIKES!! Low of -2 the next day! Brrrrrrrr!!!! John is happy cuz they have already cancelled school for today and Friday. He was sick for 7 of his 10 days off, so he feels he needs these extra days.

Lets get all this snow out of our system now, so in a month we have clear weather to fly. :D

Happy New Year to all!!

Vacation is over and I'm back to work today. I got a nasty cold a few days after Christmas too. Almost over it now. We also have a puppy at home that has no clue what housebreaking means! He also is still getting up in the middle of the night for a "poop" break, then is ready to get up for good at 6:00 AM. After he eats, he falls back to sleep on the floor. First and last winter puppy. Hope all is well with everyone. I'm still trying to catch up on here and at work.

Oh goody more snow for us. :mad: They are predicting 10-14". :mad: And they are calling for blizzard conditions. Besides the snow, it's going to get really cold, tomorrow the high is going to be 15, low 10, YIKES!! Low of -2 the next day! Brrrrrrrr!!!! John is happy cuz they have already cancelled school for today and Friday. He was sick for 7 of his 10 days off, so he feels he needs these extra days.

Lets get all this snow out of our system now, so in a month we have clear weather to fly. :D

Holy cow, Bat Girl!!!!! How do you guys do it? I could NEVER and would NEVER be able to deal with such weather conditions as you guys do! I'm a pure and honest coward! My hair gets cold.....I'm such a wimp in that kind of weather!

Okay, okay......I'm here for you; Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Happy New Year to all!!

Vacation is over and I'm back to work today. I got a nasty cold a few days after Christmas too. Almost over it now. We also have a puppy at home that has no clue what housebreaking means! He also is still getting up in the middle of the night for a "poop" break, then is ready to get up for good at 6:00 AM. After he eats, he falls back to sleep on the floor. First and last winter puppy. Hope all is well with everyone. I'm still trying to catch up on here and at work.

Oh! No! Little varmint has no idea how much your giving so that he can have a good life and could care less.

My suggestion; make a potty box in the service porch or mud room and insist that he do his business there. Line it well, fill it with, mulch, sod or artificial turf, pick up the solids and change the newspaper liner once a day and your good to go; just to save you from having to freeze your buns off trying to train him outside. When the weather warms-up and he's a bit older, you can graduate to the outside!

My heart goes out to you and all your efforts in favor of this pup.

Oh! No! Little varmint has no idea how much your giving so that he can have a good life and could care less.

My suggestion; make a potty box in the service porch or mud room and insist that he do his business there. Line it well, fill it with, mulch, sod or artificial turf, pick up the solids and change the newspaper liner once a day and your good to go; just to save you from having to freeze your buns off trying to train him outside. When the weather warms-up and he's a bit older, you can graduate to the outside!

My heart goes out to you and all your efforts in favor of this pup.

Thanks for the idea Roz but it's outside for him. We are expecting 4" to 6" of snow and a high temp of 19. :eek: I think I'm gonna work from home tomorrow.