Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Sounds like a great spot for pictures. hint...hint :D

Yeah! You're right! Come on over, you wouldn't believe the albums full of pictures of all of our travels. Or, come on over and show me how to post them here. I've tried over and over to send pictures, sometimes I can and most times my computer won't let me. I'm telling you, it won't let me!!!!!

Ollie doesn't really like other dogs either, except for the one that lives next door.

I have not read Koontz' book about Trixie. More often than not, when there are dogs in his stories, it is a golden retriever.

I guess when you're being groomed to become a Service Dog [at least this is what happened to Brenda], you look to humans for so much of your daily survival that you become "humanated" [i made-up a word!] And, dogs become irrelevant in your world. Horton doesn't follow any such pattern. He loves men, he adores children and in general is a terrifically social being!

Dean Koontz was so in love with Trixie [she was a Golden Retriever] that his stories about her show a true loving and warm side of him. Whereas his regular books show a really weird brain, thought process going on there! :rolleyes:

Have you guys ever seen artificial grass layed out on someone's lawn? I have new respect for folks who do this. It really looks good, holds up really well and lasts a long time. It's also very, very expensive. A 4x4 piece is $70.00. I'm sure if I were to purchase a lawn's worth, it would be cheaper by the square inch but still, this stuff is so pricey.

I bought a 4x4 piece to take with me to Oregon, so my darlings don't have to step onto the muddy, damp Eugene flora & fawna, in my daughter's back yard.

While Brenda was sleeping last night she gave out a "yelp" in her sleep. I'm thinking it was the typical cries and yelps that even Horty does in his sleep. But still it scared me. I sat on her couch, while she was sleeping, just to watch her breathe and see if she did it again. Nothing, she slept easily through the night. She's scaring me and I find myself watching her more often than usual. She's eating, and doing everything else like normal so I'm not going to worry for now.

Nancy, how are you doing? :confused:

So it's pretty much official now. The next puppy we will be raising will be Davis IV. He is a yellow, male Lab, Golden cross. He was born on 10/20/13. He will be flying from California to Newark Airport on December 13th. He is one of 7. Three males and 4 females. His dad's name is Lincecum. His mom is Lilly II. She has a bit of a checkered past. She was raised at the Kit Carson Correctional Facility in Boulder, Co. :eek: But we won't hold that against her. :D

We have a puppy raiser friend trying to locate his Breeder/Caretaker to try and get some pictures. That's all for now.

So it's pretty much official now. The next puppy we will be raising will be Davis IV. He is a yellow, male Lab, Golden cross. He was born on 10/20/13. He will be flying from California to Newark Airport on December 13th. He is one of 7. Three males and 4 females. His dad's name is Lincecum. His mom is Lilly II. She has a bit of a checkered past. She was raised at the Kit Carson Correctional Facility in Boulder, Co. :eek: But we won't hold that against her. :D

We have a puppy raiser friend trying to locate his Breeder/Caretaker to try and get some pictures. That's all for now.

Okay! I'm not even a human anymore......I'm one big goosebump. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby boy! I want [no, I need to see him!] Can you please send pictures. I know, I know, look who's asking but you're so good at this.

Don't you love CCI dog names! What the heck! Davis....so cute. Must be the "D" litter!

You need some Black Lab hair in that house! Looks like you're a "Yellow Lab" kind of guy!

I'm so thrilled for you and your family. Lucky Davis. Keep us in the loop of all the details.

So his mom was a jailbird! Glad she could break-out and have pups.

Have you guys ever seen artificial grass layed out on someone's lawn? I have new respect for folks who do this. It really looks good, holds up really well and lasts a long time. It's also very, very expensive. A 4x4 piece is $70.00. I'm sure if I were to purchase a lawn's worth, it would be cheaper by the square inch but still, this stuff is so pricey.

My next door neighbor did her entire back yard. She had four large dogs and the yard had become a mud pit. She goes out and hoses it down every day or two.

The dogs don't seem to care whether the "grass" is real or not, and no more muddy dogs.

My next door neighbor did her entire back yard. She had four large dogs and the yard had become a mud pit. She goes out and hoses it down every day or two.

The dogs don't seem to care whether the "grass" is real or not, and no more muddy dogs.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your input. Isn't it amazing how these dogs don't care, real or not real. If you would see my two big Black Labs go potty, with ease on their artificial turf.....I'm sure it would put a big smile on your face.

I want my dogs to potty on my patio in a specific area so I used to go to the nursery and buy a few feet of real sod every two weeks, I put it into a 5x4 box. It's heavy, dirty, smelly and after two weeks it looks like dried-up old, brown grass.

My son [who's an ecologist, but the artificial stuff in his back yard and my dogs loved it, when we'd visit.] So, I went out and bought a few feet of it, replaced the real stuff with the fake and they didn't hesitate to use it. It ALWAYS looks green, it cleans easily and with pebbles layed for the base, I wash it down every few days and it's perfect.

When we go away I pull the turf back and let the sun hit the pebbles and the back side of the grass just for an airing out.

Okay! I'm not even a human anymore......I'm one big goosebump. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby boy! I want [no, I need to see him!] Can you please send pictures. I know, I know, look who's asking but you're so good at this.

Don't you love CCI dog names! What the heck! Davis....so cute. Must be the "D" litter!

You need some Black Lab hair in that house! Looks like you're a "Yellow Lab" kind of guy!

I'm so thrilled for you and your family. Lucky Davis. Keep us in the loop of all the details.

So his mom was a jailbird! Glad she could break-out and have pups.

No pictures yet. I have a friend trying to find some from the breeder/caretaker. If not, then you'll have to wait till after Dec. 13th. They do come up with some unusual names. Who knows, Davis could be a donated name.

No pictures yet. I have a friend trying to find some from the breeder/caretaker. If not, then you'll have to wait till after Dec. 13th. They do come up with some unusual names. Who knows, Davis could be a donated name.

I know I have to wait. I'm just so darn excited. Have you heard anything about Ocho, how's his formal training going?

I'm nuts for these dogs!

I know I have to wait. I'm just so darn excited. Have you heard anything about Ocho, how's his formal training going?

I'm nuts for these dogs!

We will get a progress report on the last Wednesday of every month. From what I'm told, the first one is very general about how he's adjusting or not adjusting to college life. So we should know something next week.

We will get a progress report on the last Wednesday of every month. From what I'm told, the first one is very general about how he's adjusting or not adjusting to college life. So we should know something next week.

I know you're a busy guy but please keep us in the loop.

Never too busy not to keep you in the loop. I do this a work. :D

Mostly, me too, unless I'm on Morey's computer. Then you know I'm at home.

I love getting a salary, benefit package and vacation time while I talk to you wonderful people. Don't get me wrong......I'm a diligent, hard working employee. I only do this when I'm absolutely done with my work or am on a break. ;)

Mostly, me too, unless I'm on Morey's computer. Then you know I'm at home.

I love getting a salary, benefit package and vacation time while I talk to you wonderful people. Don't get me wrong......I'm a diligent, hard working employee. I only do this when I'm absolutely done with my work or am on a break. ;)

Me too, Boss! ;) :D

Congrats DKD, We can't wait to see some pics of the new boy!!

I'm off to the frigid, Oregon Trail tomorrow morning. I want to wish you all a warm and funfilled weekend and a rich, full and food-filled Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for my children, family, friends and all of you!!!! :) ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family (2 footed & 4 footed) Roz.

Safe travels and stay warm.

I'm off to the frigid, Oregon Trail tomorrow morning. I want to wish you all a warm and funfilled weekend and a rich, full and food-filled Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for my children, family, friends and all of you!!!! :) ;)

Have a Great Thanksgiving and a safe trip!!!!! :)

Here She Is!! Misty and I got home last night, tired from all the work at Guide School. If my attachments worked, there will be one of Misty as a 3 week old and another of her sleeping last week.

I haven't been able to get a good one of her with her eyes open. She is so fast, the pictures is always blurred.

Her foster parents and sponsors came to her graduation and it was really nice to meet them and be able to thank them for loving her.

Will write more once I have a good night's sleep........Colleen

Oh dear, the attachments are not showing at all.......will try posting one at a time

Edited by MCDW

Hello Everyone! Hope you are all snug and warm as all these winter storm systems make their way across the country. I just wanted to pop in and share this link with you because my daughter has mitochondrial disease and this story hits really close to home. We have had a large number of physicians who told us that she was making up her symptoms. This story is the extreme reaction by a hospital and it's physicians. There is also a video interview included at the bottom of the article.

Thanks!

Beckie

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/25/hospital-holding-teen-against-parents-will-accused-of-having-a-history/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

So quiet here. wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all. We are in Homosassa for a couple of weeks and spending the day with my son and daughter in law.

Hope everyone is well and happy. I am feeling better. I have to go back and read some of the post. Bye for now.