Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Here's what Wex and Horty have.

He is such a handsome boy. I love, love Horty's Tux. He wears it even if we're not cruising. I have been to several weddings where he was definitely the hit of all the photographers. He must be in more strangers albums. Love it!!! ♥

I heard back from Celebrity regarding the port requirements for service dogs:

Thank you for contacting us. Guests are responsible to obtain all permits for the non- US ports. Kindly see below link to better assist you.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/banner/help

It looks like only HAL will be helping with any specific requirements.

Dianne

I guess we have to be grateful for any help we can get!

May 28th. It's a huge mix of emotions for me.

If you think you're feeling the emotions now, wait until the day actually comes. I wish your son much good health and many, many years of happiness and love! You're gaining a daughter and you're going to be a Mother In Law soon!

Try to have fun Cindy, these are the best times in all your lives!

Wex is going to be in my son's wedding. They are making a boutonniere for his tux. Hopefully he will walk down the aisle with the ring bearer. 😲

Wex will do great! The wedding photographer took a lot of pictures of Henri at my son's wedding. Everybody loves dogs! The only thing Henri didn't like about the wedding was the music at the reception. It got too much for her after a while.

Dianne

Wex is going to be in my son's wedding. They are making a boutonniere for his tux. Hopefully he will walk down the aisle with the ring bearer. 😲

You have to look at today's post on the "Anything Pawsible" website...ideas for incorporating a dog into a wedding. There's a photo of a ring bearer dog...

Cindy, I saw on the news today that Boston schools are closed due to the weather. Are you all stuck at home? We keep getting little teases of snow, only a half inch this weekend; very little the entire winter. So Gibson is a bit sad over that, since he loves the cold white stuff.

Beckie

Cindy, I saw on the news today that Boston schools are closed due to the weather. Are you all stuck at home? We keep getting little teases of snow, only a half inch this weekend; very little the entire winter. So Gibson is a bit sad over that, since he loves the cold white stuff.

Beckie

We got about 5" but most of it melted today. John didn't have school but we are both sick and haven't left the house since we picked up our new van last Wednesday. 😷

Wex ran around like a maniac this morning. He likes it too!

Edited by rangeley

They're projecting a high of 80 here in Arizona today, though it's been up in the 90s for the past few days. I had to leave our dog CPR class on Saturday, because it was too hot and the swamp cooler at the school was on the fritz.

At least tomorrow, our TSA Checkpoint class has been moved to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, so it'll be indoors. We'll be in a covered garage while the dogs get acclimated to each other. Then we'll be inside the terminal. Our previous schedule had us at Mesa Airport, which has just a tiny terminal, no jetways, and no covered parking.

I wish the weather would calm down for all of us. That or we'll trade you northerners our sunshine for your snow!

Did any of you happen to see the Black Lab on the news who was working as a bomb sniffing dog in Belgium? He was amazing how he would go from one trash container to another, in the airport, first sniffing the outside then hoisting himself up and sniffing the inside.....it was so remarkable to watch how he diligently went from one container to another on his own. The handler just held the leash and the dog did all the work. The one I saw was a beautiful Black Lab.

I send all our friends in Brussels my love and best wishes in their work to recover and to the families and friends of the dead, I send you my deepest condolences and those who were injured my wishes for a speedy recovery.

It's not easy to make a decision to travel today, no matter which mode we chose, it's very troubling to worry about our safety and the safety of our loved one's! :(

Have any of you cancelled any of your plans to cruise in the future because of what's going on in our world?

I know, it's NOT going to stop me! ;)

So tragic about those people just trying to go about their lives.

I'm with Roz and DKD. We'll still travel. After you retire, you feel lucky to be healthy and agile enough, and the window of opportunity may close.

Feeling lucky we can drive to several departure ports for some of our travel, and that we use an RV for a lot, too.

I'm concerned about future air travel stresses, especially to Europe, due to the increased airport security and the amount of extra time to allow departing and arriving...meanwhile with the dog's needs to be met for water and relief stations. If it's just us, we can deal with it but unlikely I'd ever travel without Raylene.

So tragic about those people just trying to go about their lives.

I'm with Roz and DKD. We'll still travel. After you retire, you feel lucky to be healthy and agile enough, and the window of opportunity may close.

Feeling lucky we can drive to several departure ports for some of our travel, and that we use an RV for a lot, too.

I'm concerned about future air travel stresses, especially to Europe, due to the increased airport security and the amount of extra time to allow departing and arriving...meanwhile with the dog's needs to be met for water and relief stations. If it's just us, we can deal with it but unlikely I'd ever travel without Raylene.

Chris, I know for a fact that I will NEVER travel without my Service Dog. Even if the TSA, Immigration, or any other government agency comes down even harder than they are already, I'll still get to the airport/cruise dock extra early so that I can allow for the extra time that it takes when you're traveling with a SD.

Horton literally balks at me when he hasn't had the opportunity to relieve himself. He'll do refusal after refusal and will serve no purpose at all to me if I don't tend to his comfort. I totally get it and find myself looking for an area that he can go potty in before we board the ship and until I can locate the potty box. If I'm flying, I definitely want to find an area for him to go in and I make sure that he only gets a few ice cubes to wet his mouth so he's not too uncomfortable while waiting to either enter or exit a plane.

It's not easy to make a decision to travel today, no matter which mode we chose, it's very troubling to worry about our safety and the safety of our loved one's! :(

Have any of you cancelled any of your plans to cruise in the future because of what's going on in our world?

I know, it's NOT going to stop me! ;)

My heart goes out to the people in Brussels.

It's not going to stop me either! Hopefully, it won't make it too much harder to travel with our dogs, but I am not traveling without Henri. I am very patient with security checks - since I can't go through the metal detectors, I always have to be patted down. Sometimes they are very thorough - it can take awhile for them to get a female TSA agent to check me. I always go early to the airport and leave plenty of extra time. I don't mind, I hope they are checking other people just as cautiously.

I am looking to take a trip to London and Paris (with Henri of course) in 2018 and take a transatlantic cruise home. I won't let these horrible people keep me from living my life.

Dianne

Happy National Puppy Day! If you are on social media, use #HappyNationalPuppyDay to see lots of happy puppies.

Here is today's happy Scooter puppy photo.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7g8fkSeGGFsZ1hrUnNvdVNlVEU/view?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Scooter is just adorable. Is there anything better than puppies?

Dianne

Happy National Puppy Day! If you are on social media, use #HappyNationalPuppyDay to see lots of happy puppies.

Here is today's happy Scooter puppy photo.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7g8fkSeGGFsZ1hrUnNvdVNlVEU/view?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Scooter, you are so cute!

My heart goes out to the people in Brussels.

It's not going to stop me either! Hopefully, it won't make it too much harder to travel with our dogs, but I am not traveling without Henri. I am very patient with security checks - since I can't go through the metal detectors, I always have to be patted down. Sometimes they are very thorough - it can take awhile for them to get a female TSA agent to check me. I always go early to the airport and leave plenty of extra time. I don't mind, I hope they are checking other people just as cautiously.

I am looking to take a trip to London and Paris (with Henri of course) in 2018 and take a transatlantic cruise home. I won't let these horrible people keep me from living my life.

Dianne

Dianne, a really big ATTA GIRL for you!