NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Hi,

Can someone who has sent in their certificates recently post the address they sent it to? I'm told the certificate states a P.O. box but I am sending in certificates for a cruise that sails in 5 weeks and would like to get a street address so i can get a return receipt.

I hope I will not have any problems since this is a last minute cruise where full payment had to be made at time of booking :( When I called NCL they told me that as long as they receive the certificates one week before sailing they can be applied.

Thanks!

Hi,

Can someone who has sent in their certificates recently post the address they sent it to? I'm told the certificate states a P.O. box but I am sending in certificates for a cruise that sails in 5 weeks and would like to get a street address so i can get a return receipt.

I hope I will not have any problems since this is a last minute cruise where full payment had to be made at time of booking :( When I called NCL they told me that as long as they receive the certificates one week before sailing they can be applied.

Thanks!

Post #2 gives the physical address for mailing. ;)

I'm sooo excited! They just credited my first certificate to my account. I was sweating it since I have never done it before' date=' but it worked! Thank you everyone for all the great info. :D[/quote']

Glad it all worked out for you! Where did you send the certificate?

was it to NCL 7665 Corporate Center Drive Miami, Fl. 33126, ATTN>

Accounting Department?

The reason i ask is because I've called NCL and have received 2 different answers. One rep said to send it Attn. Accounting Dept. and the other said to send to the Attn. of Rewards Department. Then in a post here someone said to send to Payment Applications Dept. :confused: :confused: :confused:

So confusing! I just want to make sure they get to the right place. How long did it take for you to get your certificate?....and how long for NCL to get it posted?

Thanks to everyone for all the postings, I have found out much more info here on cruise critic than with numerous calls to Bank of America and NCL.

Glad it all worked out for you! Where did you send the certificate?

was it to NCL 7665 Corporate Center Drive Miami, Fl. 33126, ATTN>

Accounting Department?

The reason i ask is because I've called NCL and have received 2 different answers. One rep said to send it Attn. Accounting Dept. and the other said to send to the Attn. of Rewards Department. Then in a post here someone said to send to Payment Applications Dept. :confused: :confused: :confused:

So confusing! I just want to make sure they get to the right place. How long did it take for you to get your certificate?....and how long for NCL to get it posted?

Thanks to everyone for all the postings, I have found out much more info here on cruise critic than with numerous calls to Bank of America and NCL.

It took about 7 to 10 days to get the certificate and it arrived in a very plain envelope. I almost shredded it as junk mail! I sent it to the post office box address that was on the back of the certificate, but added Attn. Accounting Dept. I did send it with a delivery confirmation request. I did not think you could do that with a P.O. Box, but apparently you can. Less than a week after I got the delivery confirmation from the post office, the certificate was posted on our account. :D

Thanks, Sharon & Gram Cape Cod,

I just called for my certificates yesterday and will post the outcome.

Since I have already made final payment I think I will send them priority mail, with a return receipt to the corporate address with an attention to the accounting dept.

Send them in now. That's no problem. Make a photo copy and send it registered mail.

Enjoy

Jeanne

send it certified. The post office won't replace them anyway. Registered is a very expensive way to get a signature that you can get much cheaper.

Sorry but I can't search for the answer if you use 200 points for a one category upgrade for two people can you upgrade from a BA (balcony) to a AF (mini suite) or do you have to stay within the same category range as in balcony to balcony, inside to higher cat of inside? Thanks

Anyone know if you can use more than 3000 points? I would like to use 3500 between 2 ncl credit cards I have. Will they take more than 3000 worth?

Thanks

I don't see anything in their rules about the maximum numbers of certificates that they will accept for one sailing. I have used $2500.00 in the past and I don't see how they would not accept $3500.00.

PE

I didn't read all the posts so sorry if this a repeat question. I have enough points for a cruise with some leftover. Has anyone ever booked airfare with NCL and used points to pay pay?

From post #289

Yes, certificates can be used toward airfare and/or hotel packages booked through NCL. They cannot be used for insurance, excursions or on board acct.

My online TA had me send the certificates to them and they sent them to NCL. The only problem I had was that I didn't allow enough time (according to them :( )and was overpaid by $500 and NCL would not give me the credit without the TA's OK. :eek:

I still have about $40 credit on a different cruise and I have left messages w/TA and still have not been issued a credit. Not a real big deal but I would rather use that $$ to buy something than to have my TA or NCL keep it.:eek:

Can the rewards be used no matter where you book the cruise? For example online booking agents? Would you just mail you rewards to NCL and the online agent would then know how much you owe?

I just recently found a situation where certificates were not accepted as payment. We booked with an online agency that had a "group" that was booked through the London office. There was no problem with us being American citizens booking this cruise but they had no way of accepting the certificates.

PE

I just booked my first cruise with my NCL points. I am so glad to see this thread! I also was at a loss for a good three months because I had already attained my $1000 annual limit on my card. If my current NCL card is in my name and my husband's name, how do I order a second set of cards? Can they also be in my name and my husbands or should I just order one in my name and then add my husbands? I also didn't realize that you could use a TA for booking your cruise. I booked directly through NCL. I am hoping that it was the best price for a mini suite. I am cruising the Mexican Riviera this October! Thanks for any advice!

I just booked my first cruise with my NCL points. I am so glad to see this thread! I also was at a loss for a good three months because I had already attained my $1000 annual limit on my card. If my current NCL card is in my name and my husband's name, how do I order a second set of cards? Can they also be in my name and my husbands or should I just order one in my name and then add my husbands? I also didn't realize that you could use a TA for booking your cruise. I booked directly through NCL. I am hoping that it was the best price for a mini suite. I am cruising the Mexican Riviera this October! Thanks for any advice!

If you have good credit, Bank of America will allow you can to get multiple accounts in your name (or both names if you prefer). Each distinct account can then earn up to $1000 in Compass Rewards per year.

If your existing account has a high credit line, you can call and ask to have the line split into 2 accounts, or if you prefer, you can just apply for a 2nd card and get whatever line of credit they grant (if it's not enough, you can split off some of the credit from your existing card to the new one).

The NCL Compass Rewards Card is IMO, the best card out there. It really is a great program, and if you have the spending power, multiple card accounts are great!

My wife and I each have multiple accounts with a whopping $10.5k in savings on cruises to date since we first got the cards a few years ago!

BTW, here's an example of how great this program is. Our actual out of pocket expense for our upcoming Gem cruise to the Western Mediterranean was only $722.72! And that's for 4 people (thus an average of $180.68pp for a 7 night cruise) in 2 cabins, a BB Balcony and JJ Interior! We used $3500 in Compass Rewards certificates on this trip.

I've slowly been getting his limit raised but maybe asking them to split the credit is a better option. Thank you for the tip.

On my back2back I sent one certificate and have a small credit and the second part was chaged to my account before they received the certificate. I called NCL and because I booked w/TA, they had to call and make the request for me to get my $500 credit. The other cruise has bout a $40 credit and no one seems to want to do anything about it. I wonder what would have happened had I not insisted they request my refund? They never showed the $500 as a credit...balance was $0. Would the TA or NCL received the money? I was mostly concerned about the $500...the other "credit" just annoys me.