NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Having had some OBC issues with NCL over the years, I make it a lot simpler. Every time I accumulate 25,000 points I redeem that amount for cash, $250. It may not be as romantic appearing as an OBC but there is never a question.

I always just cash in for money as well - it's not like you get "more" OBC than cash if you redeem.

I am still confused on this topic. I have a boa card and the ncl card connected with boa. all of my points are on the ncl card. if I understand it correctly I will still be able to use my points for cruise things. is this correct? to me it is all so hard to understand what is going on. :(

thanks

I am still confused on this topic. I have a boa card and the ncl card connected with boa. all of my points are on the ncl card. if I understand it correctly I will still be able to use my points for cruise things. is this correct? to me it is all so hard to understand what is going on. :(

thanks

The only thing that is changing is that BOA will no longer handle redemption of points for NCL products. NCL will now handle that directly. Points for NCL purchases will still earn at the 2-for-1 rate when using the NCL World Card.

Someone mentioned (in July) that they had received an offer for bonus points on gas, groceries, and drug stores - I don't remember getting that specific offer - so I'm not sure if it was an offer that targeted certain customers or if we are all getting it. I only use my NCL card for NCL purchases - anyone else getting the bonus points?

Edited by Tricialy

Someone mentioned (in July) that they had received an offer for bonus points on gas, groceries, and drug stores - I don't remember getting that specific offer - so I'm not sure if it was an offer that targeted certain customers or if we are all getting it. I only use my NCL card for NCL purchases - anyone else getting the bonus points?

I recently purchased gas using my NCL card and only got the 1-for-1 points. However, when looking at the rewards section of my BOA online account, I noticed there are bonus points available if I shop at certain online retailers thru the BOA "Worldpoints Mall".

Perhaps those getting the gas, groceriers and drug stores offers do not have the NCL card and just a 'regular' BOA rewards card?

The only thing that is changing is that BOA will no longer handle redemption of points for NCL products. NCL will now handle that directly. Points for NCL purchases will still earn at the 2-for-1 rate when using the NCL World Card.

thanks for clearing that up for me. do we call ncl directly to get the points turned in? or will it still be through a boa phone number?

thanks for clearing that up for me. do we call ncl directly to get the points turned in? or will it still be through a boa phone number?

Based on my understanding of everything, and what others have confirmed, on October 1st you would start calling NCL for redemption for NCL products and BOA for non-NCL products.

I think that I am going to request cash too and then tuck it away for my cruise next year. I'll use it for the OBC,

I just use my credit card anyhow - have lots of cash in a savings account to pay back my credit card when I return from any trip. I already have $450 OBC for my cruise and don't want to overdo it .............. I don't believe you get it back if you don't use it.

Based on my understanding of everything, and what others have confirmed, on October 1st you would start calling NCL for redemption for NCL products and BOA for non-NCL products.

That's exactly the point, you can't redeem the points for ANYTHING through NCL after Sep 30. No OBC, no upgrades, nothing, that's the part that's ending. You can, however, use the points towards HOTELS, RENTAL CARS & Airfare.

And you can still earn 2 points per $1 spent with NCL. So you can still charge your cruise to the card and get the double points. YAY for that.

I have the letter in front of me, it's spelled out pretty clearly.

Letter also says a more streamlined website is 'coming soon' making it easier to redeem points.

I'm not sure that is completely correct, Renee. You CAN'T redeem any points for OBC through BOA after Sept. 30. However, after Sept. 30, you CAN redeem points for OBC, but it must be done through NCL. I think the part going away after Sept. 30 is the earning full cruises with the points.

Lee

We got an invitation email with a special code to register. Did that back in July and earned bonus points (2,500 max) on groceries, gas, drug store purchases.

Not sure why we were given the bonus opportunity, but we were happy to earn the bonus points! :) I just cashed in 15,000 pts for a $120 statement credit.

We also have a AAA BoA Visa card and were offered a 5% bonus (it's a cash rewards card) on groceries, gas, drug store up to $25 -- we did that too! ;) (That $25 came right off our card balance. :))

Just an FYI - we never ever carry a balance on any of our credit cards, but we use them plenty!

"...we never ever carry a balance on any of our credit cards, but we use them plenty!"

Same here. We've booked 3 free nights in New York and free airfare, and have cash rewards, too. If credit card companies want to give us all these bennies, how can we refuse!:D

Took our last BOA World Points as a deposit to our checking account, rather than OBC. Last cruise, we had an issue with refundable OBC and nonrefundable. Had to call to straighten out our bill after the cruise to get the refundable OBC back that we hadn't spent. All worked out in the end, but took a month to get the check from NCL.

I'm not sure that is completely correct, Renee. You CAN'T redeem any points for OBC through BOA after Sept. 30. However, after Sept. 30, you CAN redeem points for OBC, but it must be done through NCL. I think the part going away after Sept. 30 is the earning full cruises with the points.

Lee

Correct. That's what NCL is confirming as well. On October 1st, if you want to redeem your points for NCL OBC, you'll have to call NCL, not BOA.

Edited by bktok

Yes, I received a 5 for 1 bonus points on gas, groceries and drug stores which expires 9/30 and it was up to 2500 bonus points I believe. Not sure why I received it but I am a relatively new BOA NCL card customer. :)

I would like to use my points for an upgrade on my cruise in May.

Do I have to do this before October 1st and if so does anybody have the number to call?

Thanks in advance

it says to call the # on the back of your card ...

I'm sure if that's NOT the right one, they will direct you to the one that is.

Larry and I have had our NCL BofA mastercards since 2005. Every so often we each get a letter offering 5 x points for three different categories. We did receive the above mentioned offer and did call to activate the offer code.

Larry and I have had our NCL BofA mastercards since 2005. Every so often we each get a letter offering 5 x points for three different categories. We did receive the above mentioned offer and did call to activate the offer code.

we just got back from the sky and got 5x points for our on board charges also

Edited by RNPJN

I called the phone number listed on Bank of America's website for redeeming the 500.00 OBC. It was a NCL number not a BOA number. I have 94,000 points right now and wanted to get to the 1000.00 OBC. I've read that the points cannot be redeemed for NCL rewards after September 30th. When NCL answered the phone number that I dialed through BOA website, I asked right away if she was familiar with the NCL mastercard rewards. She said yes. I told her that I wanted to redeem for a 500.00 OBC but was really close to 1000.00 OBC. She said that only Bank of America was no longer doing anything with NCL points but NCL will still be letting us use our points for cruise rewards. So, I said if I don't claim this OBC by Sept 30th I can claim it after September 30th to get my 1000.00 OBC once I get to 100,000 points? She assured me that was the case. I'm leary and am going to call back on September 30th to double check. I won't be at 100,000 points but I don't want to miss out on a 500.00 credit if I can get that. Does anyone know if the 1000.00 OBC is taxable?

That's exactly the point, you can't redeem the points for ANYTHING through NCL after Sep 30. No OBC, no upgrades, nothing, that's the part that's ending. You can, however, use the points towards HOTELS, RENTAL CARS & Airfare.

And you can still earn 2 points per $1 spent with NCL. So you can still charge your cruise to the card and get the double points. YAY for that.

I have the letter in front of me, it's spelled out pretty clearly.

Letter also says a more streamlined website is 'coming soon' making it easier to redeem points.

According to someone I spoke with today at NCL who said she was familiar with the cruise rewards program, said just the opposite. That only Bank of America was no longer offering rewards through NCL. NCL said they were still doing it. Hmmmm something stinks.

it says to call the # on the back of your card ...

I'm sure if that's NOT the right one, they will direct you to the one that is.

If you have online banking through BOA and go to the cruise rewards section of the NCL Mastercard, it has number to call which I called today. It was NCL.