NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Hi all! Has anyone gotten not only an email but a NEW card from BOA/NCL replacing an existing one? This happened to me last week and the email and letter with the new card states that due to a large amount of fraud they are sending out new cards/account #'s etc.

I've never heard of this happening before. I have until the 4th of March to cancel my prior card; otherwise, the new card will "take over" and I have to activate it.

Has anyone else had this happen?:confused:

Similar - some time last year with this card. BoA sent us new cards and a note that "due to a possible security breach......" we were being issued a new account number. Since we hadn't reported any problems this was strictly on BoA's end. It was a bit unnerving since we didn't get any other communication to let us know new cards were being issued. :confused:

Unfortunately, with all the security breaches we're hearing about, I'm afraid this will become our norm. :(

Similar - some time last year with this card. BoA sent us new cards and a note that "due to a possible security breach......" we were being issued a new account number. Since we hadn't reported any problems this was strictly on BoA's end. It was a bit unnerving since we didn't get any other communication to let us know new cards were being issued. :confused:

Unfortunately' date=' with all the security breaches we're hearing about, I'm afraid this will become our norm. :([/quote']

Thanks so much for your reply! I found myself wondering if the whole thing was legit and also feeling thankful that BOA was 'looking after' me in some way. I'm glad I'm not the only one. The only pain is that I have to update my bill pay on my bank's website!!:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for your reply! I found myself wondering if the whole thing was legit and also feeling thankful that BOA was 'looking after' me in some way. I'm glad I'm not the only one. The only pain is that I have to update my bill pay on my bank's website!!:rolleyes:

I'm always suspicious! I don't remember having to "cancel" the previous card though - just call and activate the new card, which would then automatically cancel the old one. (But there was a specific date after which the card would no longer be valid).

When in doubt, call! ;)

I'm always suspicious! I don't remember having to "cancel" the previous card though - just call and activate the new card' date=' which would then automatically cancel the old one. (But there was a specific date after which the card would no longer be valid).

When in doubt, call! ;)[/quote']

You are spot on!! I will call to make sure! Thanks again!

Not sure if this has been asked/answered but is there a way to UPDATE/REPLACE post #2 which had original rewards for the program:

When I saw they gave $3000 off cruise for 3000 pts, I got my hopes way up and was ready to apply until I found out that BofA has new rewards that are worth SO much less.

Thanks.....

Not sure if this has been asked/answered but is there a way to UPDATE/REPLACE post #2 which had original rewards for the program:

When I saw they gave $3000 off cruise for 3000 pts, I got my hopes way up and was ready to apply until I found out that BofA has new rewards that are worth SO much less.

Thanks.....

This thread started in 2007 so obviously there have been a number of changes in the program. Threads this long I start at the end and work back a few pages. We loved the "old days" until we discovered a much better use for our points .... the double cross meta upgrade. We're booked on the 12 day British Isles cruise on the Star next September using this method. Paid for an inside and received a balcony on deck 10. The cash back or OBC value for 60,000 points is $600. Savings to us on our stateroom ... lol way more than that. IF the cruise is cancelled or we need to cancel (within proper timeframe) the points will be added back to our account.

Here is the link to NCL page showing the current rewards

http://www.ncl.com/world-points

Outdated info in posts is definitely one of the issues us newbies are having to learn how to navigate. Trying to figure out which prices, promos or other offerings are current is trying.

Certainly a reason why questions are re-asked so many times as what they are reading in an "old" post may not be current.

Thanks for the url to new rewards offered. Sorry I missed the original offers.

Hi all! Has anyone gotten not only an email but a NEW card from BOA/NCL replacing an existing one? This happened to me last week and the email and letter with the new card states that due to a large amount of fraud they are sending out new cards/account #'s etc.

I've never heard of this happening before. I have until the 4th of March to cancel my prior card; otherwise, the new card will "take over" and I have to activate it.

Has anyone else had this happen?:confused:

tymike, I hope you got everything straightened out with BoA. Ironically, we just received an email from them -- not about our NCL Mastercard, but a Visa we have with them (Cash Rewards):

"We have learned that your Bank of America® credit card information may have been compromised at an undisclosed merchant or service provider. This does not mean fraud has or will occur on your account, but we are taking precautionary steps to help protect your account.

We're mailing you a new credit card with a new number and deactivating your old card on 03/28/2014. Your new card should arrive within 5-7 business days in an unmarked envelope. Upon receiving it, please:

• Activate your new card immediately so you may continue making transactions without interruption
  • Destroy your old card and start using your new card
  • If you've set up recurring payments with a store or service provider, provide those companies with your new credit card number and expiration date
  • Keep in mind that if you have a Personal Identification Number (PIN) it is secure and remains unchanged

Remember, your account has the Total Security Protection® package which provides you with greater defense against theft, loss and fraudulent use of your card.

For more information regarding account security, please visit bankofamerica.com/compinfo. If you have any questions, please call the number on the back of your card.

Want to confirm this email is from Bank of America? Sign in to Online Banking and go to Alerts. The Alerts History lists the Alerts sent to you in the past 60 days."

The link they provided (bankofamerica.com/compinfo) does have some useful information. :)

I'm glad they do seem to be on top of things, but I wish the source of the possible security breach would HAVE to be revealed. Maybe bad publicity (like the type Target received) would force these businesses to safeguard our information more than they presently do.

The same thing happened to us with our BOA MC a year or so ago. They mailed the new cards and cancelled the old ones. Didn't have any problems from the switch.

I'd like to believe they cancel all the old cards for the least little thing to protect their customers. (and themselves)

tymike' date=' I hope you got everything straightened out with BoA. Ironically, we just received an email from them -- not about our NCL Mastercard, but a Visa we have with them (Cash Rewards):

"We have learned that your Bank of America® credit card information may have been compromised at an undisclosed merchant or service provider. This does not mean fraud has or will occur on your account, but we are taking precautionary steps to help protect your account.

We're mailing you a new credit card with a new number and deactivating your old card on 03/28/2014. Your new card should arrive within 5-7 business days in an unmarked envelope. Upon receiving it, please:

• Activate your new card immediately so you may continue making transactions without interruption
  • Destroy your old card and start using your new card
  • If you've set up recurring payments with a store or service provider, provide those companies with your new credit card number and expiration date
  • Keep in mind that if you have a Personal Identification Number (PIN) it is secure and remains unchanged

Remember, your account has the Total Security Protection® package which provides you with greater defense against theft, loss and fraudulent use of your card.

For more information regarding account security, please visit bankofamerica.com/compinfo. If you have any questions, please call the number on the back of your card.

Want to confirm this email is from Bank of America? Sign in to Online Banking and go to Alerts. The Alerts History lists the Alerts sent to you in the past 60 days."

The link they provided (bankofamerica.com/compinfo) does have some useful information. :)

I'm glad they do seem to be on top of things, but I wish the source of the possible security breach would HAVE to be revealed. Maybe bad publicity (like the type Target received) would force these businesses to safeguard our information more than they presently do.

That's the exact letter I got! Word for word! Thanks for posting! I haven't called them, but will in the next day or so because I can't tell if all my point (AKA OBC for the Gem in July!!:) ) got transferred.

That's the exact letter I got! Word for word! Thanks for posting! I haven't called them, but will in the next day or so because I can't tell if all my point (AKA OBC for the Gem in July!!:) ) got transferred.

Everything should have transferred to the new account -- it's just the number that changed. :)

Actually, I logged into our accounts (I check charges, balance, etc. weekly) and everything was correct. Then right before logging off, I realized the 4-digits, "...ending in XXXX" were NEW!! :confused:

We called BoA and they confirmed that they were issuing new cards and that we would hear from them in 3 to 5 days. :rolleyes: Sure enough, 4 days later we got that email! lol

Still waiting for the cards to arrive, but the Rep said our old cards are good until 3/28 - but only to swipe. She warned that if we tried to purchase online with that account number, it would likely be rejected (which makes sense!).

A month or two ago, I wanted to book Sun's Panama Canal for April 2015 in a bacon using my 60k points but turned out at the time I only had 58,000 points. So we went ahead and booked "our" cabin-I have been trying to book Sun through the canal in "our" cabin for several years now and this is the first time I have acted fast enough to grab it. At the time, the NCL rep said once I had enough points that I could call back and they would adjust the price to match whatever the price of an inside was when I called back.

I really didn't believe it would be that simple, but it was! Just called and once I explained a couple of times that i wasn't just using a same category upgrade, it was easy. So now we are in one of the two best balcony cabins in the fleet for the price of an IE!!!

The sixty thousand points saved us over $2000. :D

A month or two ago, I wanted to book Sun's Panama Canal for April 2015 in a bacon using my 60k points but turned out at the time I only had 58,000 points. So we went ahead and booked "our" cabin-I have been trying to book Sun through the canal in "our" cabin for several years now and this is the first time I have acted fast enough to grab it. At the time, the NCL rep said once I had enough points that I could call back and they would adjust the price to match whatever the price of an inside was when I called back.

I really didn't believe it would be that simple, but it was! Just called and once I explained a couple of times that i wasn't just using a same category upgrade, it was easy. So now we are in one of the two best balcony cabins in the fleet for the price of an IE!!!

The sixty thousand points saved us over $2000. :D

:):):):) I am so happy it worked for you too. Snagging the stateroom is hard enough so having "our" cabin for an inside price is pretty incredible.

Savings using the Double Cross-Meta upgrade is the best use of NCL mastercard points I've seen. Saved us about $2,000 as well to go from an inside to a port side balcony sandwiched between two cabin decks for the 12 Day British Isles cruise on the Star next September.

• 3 weeks later...

Having read about NCL credit cards I just rang the number quoyed in the opening post of

United Kingdom Credit Cards 0-800-028-2440

When answered, I was told I must have the wrong number as they had no dealings with NCL. I was advised they were Mbna. !!

Any idea from anybody why the number shown is incorrect?

Having read about NCL credit cards I just rang the number quoyed in the opening post of

United Kingdom Credit Cards 0-800-028-2440

When answered, I was told I must have the wrong number as they had no dealings with NCL. I was advised they were Mbna. !!

Any idea from anybody why the number shown is incorrect?

MBNA administer the branded loyalty credit cards.

TOP TIP: do not take a card with MBNA - they are shysters of the first order.

MBNA administer the branded loyalty credit cards.

TOP TIP: do not take a card with MBNA - they are shysters of the first order.

Not quite the answer I was looking for. I am trying to ascetain the correct telephone number to apply for a Norwegian Cruise Line credit card. I already have a MBNA credit card thanks.

So I'm late to the party. Please explain "Double Cross-Meta upgrade." I've stopped using the NCL card for more fertile cards.

Here is link to NCL's WorldPoints rewards page - husband and I both have cards through BAC. One in his name with me as additional user, one in my name with him as additional user. We were able to combine our points so we had over 60,000 total.

http://www.ncl.com/world-points

I found cruise I wanted (British Isles 12 day next Sept), pulled up pricing on NCL website, opened cruisedeckplans in a separate browser and called NCL direct. We don't use our assigned PCC because they weren't too helpful. I just call the main number, press the want to book a cruise extension and take my chances with whoever gets the phone call. Explained to the NCL person what I wanted to do - - - pay for an inside stateroom and use 60,000 points to do the double cross meta upgrade to go to a balcony stateroom. Had the above link ready to go in case they didn't know what I was talking about. From the lowest available inside we would have had a balcony on deck 9 but that could have meant no staterooms below us ... noise factor from restaurants etc. We paid an extra $10 for inside stateroom to be able to go to deck 10 and I got to pick my stateroom from the balcony category.

This did take some time on the phone - NCL talking to supervisor, working with BAC to transfer the points but it all worked and was SO worth it.

ClayClayton did it the really great way . . found a stateroom he wanted, booked it, then had NCL revise his booking to use the double cross meta upgrade. Don't know if this is always possible but it worked for him and he has a fabulous stateroom and balcony for the cost of an inside. There are only two such staterooms on the Sun and we had one of them for our Alaska cruise.

NCL told me if I cancelled the cruise within appropriate time frame the credits would be reapplied to the WorldPoints card so they wouldn't be lost. I know this happens because we previously used 10,000 points to do "up to two category upgrade" to go from obstructed oceanview on POA to unobstructed OV .... when they had the kids of all ages sail free we revised our booking to a suite and the 10,000 points were put back on my card with no problem.