NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I do not understand this at all. I only have 12,000 points.... should I just redeem for 100 OBC for my cruise in Jan and call it a day before Oct 1? I don't even see a place to redeem it on the BOA website.

To redeem your points for OBC call NCL Redemtion center at 1-866-954-4077.:)

I do not understand this at all. I only have 12,000 points.... should I just redeem for 100 OBC and call it a day before Oct 1? I don't even see a place to redeem it on the BOA website.

The only change occurring as of October 1st is that NCL will be the only group that handles point redemptions for cruise related products. BOA will handle any redemptions for NON-cruise related. Nothing is changing with the points system after October 1st, just who does the redemptions.

So to recap:

Cruise related redemptions: Call NCL

Non-cruise related redemptions: Call BOA

Edited by bktok

The initial information found at the beginning of this FAQ is so wildly out of date it might prove worthwhile to delete it and start a new FAQ. Otherwise, people coming here for info have to really search through a whole lotta posts to find accurate info to questions they might have.

Just a thought! :)

Richard/Tralfie

The initial information found at the beginning of this FAQ is so wildly out of date it might prove worthwhile to delete it and start a new FAQ. Otherwise, people coming here for info have to really search through a whole lotta posts to find accurate info to questions they might have.

Just a thought! :)

Richard/Tralfie

On the long threads like this, I just pop right to the end and work my way back.. I agree.. the posts at the beginning are pretty much worthless

According to someone I spoke with today at NCL who said she was familiar with the cruise rewards program, said just the opposite. That only Bank of America was no longer offering rewards through NCL. NCL said they were still doing it. Hmmmm something stinks.

I totally agree.. Starting Oct 1, it sounds like the CARD ITSELF is no longer able to be used to gain cruise rewards, but you can still earn the 2 pts for $1 spent with NCL. No big deal for me though, I just plan to turn mine in for cash.

I'll just be sitting back and seeing what really happens.. after Oct 1

• 2 weeks later...
I totally agree.. Starting Oct 1, it sounds like the CARD ITSELF is no longer able to be used to gain cruise rewards, but you can still earn the 2 pts for $1 spent with NCL. No big deal for me though, I just plan to turn mine in for cash.

I'll just be sitting back and seeing what really happens.. after Oct 1

On the Bank of America website(after logging in) I cannot seem to locate the page for actually cashing in points.

(I've done it before a few years ago)

I now have about 50,000.

Please, can someone list the step-by-step process of HOW TO turn my points in for cash ?

Thanks

Edited by $hip$hape

On the Bank of America website(after logging in) I cannot seem to locate the page for actually cashing in points.

(I've done it before a few years ago)

I now have about 50,000.

Please, can someone list the step-by-step process of HOW TO turn my points in for cash ?

Thanks

On my BoA account page, there's a tab titled REWARDS. Then there is a button that reads "REDEEM WORLDPOINTS". That then takes me to a pop up windows the gives me several options, of which CASH is listed.

Can only give you what my page shows. I assume that it's the same for everyone, but I don't know that 100%

On my BoA account page, there's a tab titled REWARDS. Then there is a button that reads "REDEEM WORLDPOINTS". That then takes me to a pop up windows the gives me several options, of which CASH is listed.

Can only give you what my page shows. I assume that it's the same for everyone, but I don't know that 100%

Thank You !

Found the link to "cash" in the upper right hand corner of the page.

My issue was being distracted by all the other "stuff" more prominently displayed on the page.

WPALL_Zone5RedeemNow.jpg

FYI-

We got another 5X the points offer on our NCL card today. It is good through Dec. 31, 2013 on purchases at toy, book, sporting goods, electronics, and department stores this time. Watch for it in the mail in a white unmarked envelope.

FYI-

We got another 5X the points offer on our NCL card today. It is good through Dec. 31, 2013 on purchases at toy, book, sporting goods, electronics, and department stores this time. Watch for it in the mail in a white unmarked envelope.

Kylie, is this 5X points offer automatic, or do you have to register your card to get the 5X?

Kylie, is this 5X points offer automatic, or do you have to register your card to get the 5X?

There is a number to call (1-888-205-5781)) but I scanned the code with my phone to activate the offer. I'm not sure why I get these offers - my last one expired at the end of Sept. but it was for purchases at different locations. This one might be good to use when Christmas shopping! The offer is good for up to 2,500 bonus points only but better than nothing.

• 5 weeks later...

My wife and I just cancelled our NCL Card and applied for a Celebrity Cruise Card. We went to the Northeast on the Gem this past September. To be perfectly blunt, we felt that NCL is more in the line of Golden Corral. Nothing really special about the food or the service - just cheap.

Anyway, in fairness to Bank of America, they made the Cancellation quite easy. I was able to do this when activating my Celebrity Card.

Michael

FYI-

I never get any offers from them - only BT offers. I'm not opted out on anything so I don't know why some are getting the offers and others aren't. Right now I am tapping the 5% from Discover online shopping through Dec 31st. Maybe I just don't use the card enough.

I just want to give everyone a head's up on this issue.

About a week before my payment was due this month, I redeemed 25,000 points for a statement credit of $250. My minimum payment was only $38, so this statement credit was well above that. Normally, I pay our credit card off in full every month, but this month, I had to wait a week after the due date to pay it off because of a large, incoming check our bank decided needed an extra long hold time. :confused:

Anyhow, about a week after my November due date, I went in to pay off the card. Imagine my surprise to find that my account was listed as past due and that I had been charged a $25.00 late fee! :eek:

A call to the rep easily got the $25.00 late fee reversed, as she could see we had not been late before, but they would not budge on clearing my account of the late payment insisting I still had to pay the $38 minimum payment on top of the $250 statement credit I had processed on time. I was told that a statement credit does not count toward your payment. It was a wash, as I paid the card in full after our call anyway, but wondered if anyone else had this experience with NCL's BoA card?

I just want to give everyone a head's up on this issue.

About a week before my payment was due this month, I redeemed 25,000 points for a statement credit of $250. My minimum payment was only $38, so this statement credit was well above that. Normally, I pay our credit card off in full every month, but this month, I had to wait a week after the due date to pay it off because of a large, incoming check our bank decided needed an extra long hold time. :confused:

Anyhow, about a week after my November due date, I went in to pay off the card. Imagine my surprise to find that my account was listed as past due and that I had been charged a $25.00 late fee! :eek:

A call to the rep easily got the $25.00 late fee reversed, as she could see we had not been late before, but they would not budge on clearing my account of the late payment insisting I still had to pay the $38 minimum payment on top of the $250 statement credit I had processed on time. I was told that a statement credit does not count toward your payment. It was a wash, as I paid the card in full after our call anyway, but wondered if anyone else had this experience with NCL's BoA card?

I have had that same experience on Chase Freedom cards and also Capital One. They spell it out in very certain terms that a credit does not count as a payment towards your minimum due, even if the credit results in a zero balance or credit balance in the account. Not surprising BofA is the same.

Do you call them to let them know you will be using the card on your vacation .? Just so there is no problem .

Yes, we always call the company of whichever card we will use on vacation to post a travel update. Some companies will even let you do this online.

As for the NCL card, we only use it for onboard purchases (and paying that final bill!), so we usually don't call them (since these charges are made in the USA). We have another card that has a much lower foreign transaction fee, so we use that for off-ship purchases (and always call with our dates and locations of possible charges).

My Dad had two credit cards frozen while on an African safari because the companies didn't realize he was the one trying to use the cards. What a mess trying to straighten that out!

Don't know if this is possible on all cruises but we were just able to book a 2015 Europe cruise paying for an inside and using 60,000 points (gained by previously combining dh and my points) to do a "double cross meta upgrade" from inside to balcony. The "free" balcony was on deck 9 and for $10 each we were able to go to deck 10 (sandwiched between two decks of balcony staterooms).

I found the cruise I wanted, pulled up deck plan for the ship on drag it decks, then called NCL since we don't normally use a PCC. The call center employee was wonderful and it went very smoothly. If cruise is cancelled points will go back on our card.

I never get any offers from them - only BT offers. I'm not opted out on anything so I don't know why some are getting the offers and others aren't. Right now I am tapping the 5% from Discover online shopping through Dec 31st. Maybe I just don't use the card enough.

Cactusflower527, Don't feel left out, we use our card at least a couple times per week and we have never received any of these offers.

Cactusflower527, Don't feel left out, we use our card at least a couple times per week and we have never received any of these offers.

I think I figured out if you sign up for those BankAmeriDeals thing, you can use either your debit card or credit card through B of A. I have both, since I bank there ... and have my mortgage there (not my choice, they got the CountryWide portfolio when CW folded). B of A gives me a really slick top-tier checking account for free... so I take advantage of all I can. But I still only use the card to make my NCL payment to tap the double points.

For nothing else really..

Edited by CactusFlower527