NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Thank you for forwarding this to me! I did some asking around after we spoke and found out about this. I did double and triple check, though, on combining the certificates. You can only use ONE upgrade certificate per reservation, therefore it would be impossible to go from an Inside to a Mini Suite. If someone wanted to be in a Mini, they would have to book at least a balcony.

OK... heres another version :confused: I called NCL several times and Bank of America several times. They all said the following... each and every time. I should be suspicious just because they all finally agreed on something.

To upgrade from inside to outside is 200 points a couple. To upgrade from outside to balcony is 300 points a couple.

I didn't ask past there as I dont have the need for a mini.

I was told you can upgrade more then once as long as you treat each move seperately. So I guess moving from inside to balcony without a stop at oceanview on the way is the problem... SO silly but just the way it goes I guess.

I am so scared to order th points and try to move. We are cruising on the 13th of July and there are only 10 balcony rooms left so I would have to get a move on.....

what does anyone think?

OK... I pulled the trigger and ordered the certificates. I talekd to two more reps from NCL and they both told me the same thing. They said that 18 cabins of BB balconies just came available so there are 28 total. That makes me a bit more comfortable. I had them sent priority mail and will overnight them to get a definate answer. I'll definately let you know.

I have 1000 points with my ncl mastercard. Can I use the points if I book through an online travel agency (smartcruiser.com). If I can how do I use them. Do I give the certificate to the online travel agency with final payment or do I just send them to ncl?

I have 1000 points with my ncl mastercard. Can I use the points if I book through an online travel agency (smartcruiser.com). If I can how do I use them. Do I give the certificate to the online travel agency with final payment or do I just send them to ncl?

I usually book the deposit with an online agency, and then send the certificates directly to NCL. The address is on the certificate. Also be sure to send them by certified mail, so you can document that they arrived at NCL.

I do the same but I booked with Smartcruise this time and they were very upset with me for sending the certificates to NCL directly. They said their prices are group bookings and so when I sent the certificates it decreased the group total making book-keeping a nightmare. I was told if I was still going to do it that way that I needed to be sure I told smartcruiser before and after I did it.

For what it is worth : )

I do the same but I booked with Smartcruise this time and they were very upset with me for sending the certificates to NCL directly. They said their prices are group bookings and so when I sent the certificates it decreased the group total making book-keeping a nightmare. I was told if I was still going to do it that way that I needed to be sure I told smartcruiser before and after I did it.

For what it is worth : )

Never went with a group booking before, but I am considering the CC Group next June on the Dawn to Bermuda. I guess I should tell the agency when I book that I intend to use reward certificates. Thanks for the heads up.

Carole

I've tried all the links and the NCL site and there is nothing about the NCL mastercard anymore. Does anyone know why? I can't locate any information about the program or how to cash in.

I've tried all the links and the NCL site and there is nothing about the NCL mastercard anymore. Does anyone know why? I can't locate any information about the program or how to cash in.

This link to the application still comes up off a quick google search.

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=FAAH6C&mc=A0000028IT

Call the customer service toll free number at the top right corner of your statement. Wait to talk to a live person, and just tell them what you want to do. The person whose name is primary on the account must ask for the certificate.

Call the customer service toll free number at the top right corner of your statement. Wait to talk to a live person, and just tell them what you want to do. The person whose name is primary on the account must ask for the certificate.

we have two accounts one in my name and one in my wifes. I have never had to have her call to get the cert and I have gotten at least 10 on each account.

we have two accounts one in my name and one in my wifes. I have never had to have her call to get the cert and I have gotten at least 10 on each account.

We have four cards, two each in my husband's name and mine. We usually one certificate from each of the four accounts for each cruise (2000 points). Sometimes I can get them all, and sometimes I have to get my husband on the line to verify that he wants the certificates. It probably depends on who you get when you call.

Never went with a group booking before, but I am considering the CC Group next June on the Dawn to Bermuda. I guess I should tell the agency when I book that I intend to use reward certificates. Thanks for the heads up.

Carole

Carole - I just booked a suite on the CC Group cruise to Bermuda in June 2009. The agency accepted my Freestyle Cruise Rewards purchased on my last cruise as my down-payment and said that NCL will accept the NCL BOA certificates as usual.;)

Hope to see you on the CC Group cruise! (We got a GREAT price on the cruise, by the way!):D

Sea Hound:D

Ditto.

We have 2 cards one in each name. I called and requested vouchers on both accounts. Hell, I even SIGNED my husband's.

Timeline:

First set of vouchers on DH's card took 10 business days to arrive.

second set of vouchers from second card came in less than a week.

I JUST got back from the Post office where I mailed the vouchers along with a copy of my confirmation from my TA to the address on page one of this thread...I insured it and got a confirmation of receipt, Priority mail. This cost $26, but is well worth feeling a bit calmer that it gets where it's supposed to go and I don't lose out.

I'll get back to you all when I get the credit. Hopefully it won't take too long :)

Sorry to have started such a can of worms, & I glad no one else has been denied certificates for a spouse's account.

We've been using cruise rewards for about ten years, since they were a visa, then MBNA Mastercard and now BOA Mastercard. In the past I've never had to put my husband on the phone to get his certificates, but when I called to order them last January, they would not send them without his verbal OK. Maybe it was just the particular agent that I got.

I have signed my husband's name too, but it's a little more difficult to impersonate his voice.

Carole

I had one agent give me a hard time about not being the primary signers when I requested ours a year ago, but he backed down when I said I was an authorized signer, too. This time, I waited until my DH was home -- and they didn't even ask.

We also got excellent service on them. I requested them fairly late in the afternoon on 6/20, and they were in the mail on Saturday, 6/28! Today, I put sent them out from work via UPS. Now it's just a matter of seeing how long NCL takes to credit them.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh - I'm gonna tell!!!!!!!!!;)

Sea Hound:D

LOL!! I think if he ever went to the bank himself and signed something, they'd question him. :p

but it's a little more difficult to impersonate his voice.

Carole

Thank Goodness!!! :D

Is there a minimum $ amount of a certificate you can order?

I see you were on early cruises of the Norway....we were too! What

dates?

I believe that you need to order certificates in $500 increments.

We honeymooned on the Norway in March 1983, and then took a group cruise/training seminar on the Norway with other professional photographers in 1995. That was before we had certificates, but it was a business writeoff.

Both were memorable in their own ways. I wish the Norway was still around. I'd book her again.

Carole

This link to the application still comes up off a quick google search.

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=FAAH6C&mc=A0000028IT

We are recently off the June 13, 14 day Med cruise, our 3rd NCL cruise

and I finally told my husband we need to have our spending dollars work toward our next cruise, especially since we are definitely NCL fans.

Hubby is not comfortable with us applying on this 3rd party link - I've searched the NCL website and it seems strange that they have no link on there for the credit card application. But it seems like all of you have used this link? Is that right? I'm very anxious to sign up and start working toward that next cruise!

annfi: Why don't you just go to bankofamerica.com and choose credit cards, rewards, then cruises? We do all of our cc accounting through this site and have never had a problem.

Thank you! I just submitted the application. Appreciate your speedy help.

Sorry if this was asked but with the search being down how do I see how many points we have accumulated. We dont get a statement because we do online banking. Thanks in advance

You can view your statement online. Just go into your account and click on the the My Statement tab. It will bring up a pdf of your statement exactly like the one you would have received in the mail.