NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Maybe i am not thinking this through. To get the 500 credit on your cruise, does the cruise have to be charged on your NCL Mastercard.

For instance, an online agency is offering an OBC if you book the cruise with an American Express card. If i send in the $500 cert, do i still get the credit?

Even if it is after final payment, would they apply the credit to the NCL Card even though the cruise isnt booked on there?

I am thinking yes. But i am still a bit confused.

It doesn't matter how you makes the payments to NCL -- the certificate is treated just like cash. If I was in that situation, I'd figure out which was going to be worth more -- the OBC or the 4% points I'd earn for paying with my NCL card. If you could put the deposit on your Amex, get your OBC, pay the balance with your certificate, and then use your NCL card for any remaining charges, including your onboard charges, you might very well come out ahead.

If you send your certificates in after final payment, my understanding is that they credit the amount of the certificate back to whatever card the charges were paid on.

Maybe it has been discussed here before but Just learned today that Bank of America has stopped issuing new NCL cards. There is no mention of the card on bank's website. There is only Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cards being shown there.

I talked to the rep also on the 800 number on the back of my card and was told that maybe it is due to the fact that NCL got bought last year by another group.

I was recommending the card to one of my friends and he could'nt find it.

Thought I'll share here..

Cheers!!

Maybe it has been discussed here before but Just learned today that Bank of America has stopped issuing new NCL cards. There is no mention of the card on bank's website. There is only Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cards being shown there.

I talked to the rep also on the 800 number on the back of my card and was told that maybe it is due to the fact that NCL got bought last year by another group.

I was recommending the card to one of my friends and he could'nt find it.

Thought I'll share here..

Cheers!!

I just got a third card last week.....but the application link here doesn't seem to work anymore...maybe I got it just under the wire...new management and maybe they have been reading this thread too much...

I was just there & NCL is showing:

http://www.bankofamerica.com/x.gif[/img]Royal Caribbean® Visa® Credit Card

• <LI class=bts-family-vp>No annual fee <LI class=bts-family-vp>Earn 2 points for every $1 in net retail purchases made with Royal Caribbean and 1 point for every $1 in net retail purchases anywhere else
  • Earn 10,000 bonus points after your first qualifying transaction

[/url]

http://www.bankofamerica.com/x.gif[/img]Norwegian Cruise Line® Platinum Plus® MasterCard® Credit Card

p><p><a href=http://www.bankofamerica.com/x.gif' alt='x.gif'>Celebrity Cruises® WorldPoints® Visa® Credit Card

ttp://www.bankofamerica.com/x.gif[/img]Olivia®

Please help me oh wise ones...

The address listed on page 1 is a street address. The address on the back of the certificates is PO BOX 025403, Miami.

Is there a reason I should NOT use the address they show on the back of the certificates and use the street address instead? Just want them to get to the right people.

I have 1500.00 in certs and a balance of 1468. Will I get the difference credited back to my card? Want to send it by tomorrow if someone knowledgable can respond.

Thanks

The address listed on page 1 is a street address. The address on the back of the certificates is PO BOX 025403, Miami.

Is there a reason I should NOT use the address they show on the back of the certificates and use the street address instead? Just want them to get to the right people.

I have 1500.00 in certs and a balance of 1468. Will I get the difference credited back to my card? Want to send it by tomorrow if someone knowledgable can respond.

Thanks

The reason for the street address is if you want to send your certificates in some way other than the USPS, as UPS, FedEx, etc. won't deliver to a PO Box. Whatever way you send them, it's strongly suggested that you use a method that can be tracked, and that requires a signature on delivery -- just in case of a problem.

I've never sent in certificates that were more than my final payment due, but I've read several posts that say the difference will be credited back to your charge card.

Thanks

The street address on page 1 is NCL's actual street address. Just send it there, Attn: Accounting.

The reason I listed that address is so people can use overnight services like UPS, DHL or Fedex since they won't deliver to PO Boxes. I highly advise you mail your certificates via some sort of trackable mail as you're essentially sending the equivalent of cash in the mail.

I've sent certificates on 5 occasions to that street address without any problems (generally via FedEx 2day).

As for the overpayment, it depends. Officially, NCL has the right not to credit you back the difference, particularly if your existing payment is solely the original deposit. That said, many have reported being refunded excess payments back to their cards.

ETA - sorry for the repeat of what ute_fan just posted, but we were essentially responding at the same time at ute_fan beat me to the punch! Well done LOL!

ETA - sorry for the repeat of what ute_fan just posted, but we were essentially responding at the same time at ute_fan beat me to the punch! Well done LOL!

That's funny! My "submit reply" button must have worked just a bit faster than yours...

The reason for the street address is if you want to send your certificates in some way other than the USPS, as UPS, FedEx, etc. won't deliver to a PO Box. Whatever way you send them, it's strongly suggested that you use a method that can be tracked, and that requires a signature on delivery -- just in case of a problem.

I've never sent in certificates that were more than my final payment due, but I've read several posts that say the difference will be credited back to your charge card.

I have its no problem....credited back to the cc I used...at least it was last month...

Thanks Ute Fan and Preds for both of your quick replies. I was going to send USPS Priority with Return Reciept requested but may spring for the FED Ex since that is automatically trackable. My actual payment deadline is 9/8 but I want to be sure to get it there ahead of time. Thanks for your excellent answers. Totally makes sense--I hadn't thought about the need for the street address for FED EX! Sounds like Fed Ex is possibly a bit more reliable that USPS for this particular shipment.

Thanks again!

I was told by NCL to use it so I did to send in my $500 cert & they applied it in 3 days sending me an email that it was applied.

The street address on page 1 is NCL's actual street address. Just send it there, Attn: Accounting.

The reason I listed that address is so people can use overnight services like UPS, DHL or Fedex since they won't deliver to PO Boxes. I highly advise you mail your certificates via some sort of trackable mail as you're essentially sending the equivalent of cash in the mail.

I've sent certificates on 5 occasions to that street address without any problems (generally via FedEx 2day).

As for the overpayment, it depends. Officially, NCL has the right not to credit you back the difference, particularly if your existing payment is solely the original deposit. That said, many have reported being refunded excess payments back to their cards.

I was told by NCL to use it so I did to send in my $500 cert & they applied it in 3 days sending me an email that it was applied.

We are going on the NCL Sun in December to South america. Our final payment is due the end of Sept. I just received our certificates in the mail yesterday. I want to send them Fedex so I can track them. I did that before 2 years ago and had no problem. I don't have the street address for NCL in Miami. Can anyone provide me with the correct address. Thanks.

We are going on the NCL Sun in December to South america. Our final payment is due the end of Sept. I just received our certificates in the mail yesterday. I want to send them Fedex so I can track them. I did that before 2 years ago and had no problem. I don't have the street address for NCL in Miami. Can anyone provide me with the correct address. Thanks.

Post # 2 answers your question.

I have also used my NCL card on a couple previous cruises and plan to again this fall. As a matter of fact, I selected the NCL Spirit from New Orleans BECAUSE of the credit I have accrued on the card. I was hoping for another itinerary but apparently this is the only ship leaving from the Gulf. New Orleans is the only port I can reach by driving that NCL uses.

One question that I had.. can I use some of my points for onboard credit or only for tickets and upgrades?

thanks

I have also used my NCL card on a couple previous cruises and plan to again this fall. As a matter of fact, I selected the NCL Spirit from New Orleans BECAUSE of the credit I have accrued on the card. I was hoping for another itinerary but apparently this is the only ship leaving from the Gulf. New Orleans is the only port I can reach by driving that NCL uses.

One question that I had.. can I use some of my points for onboard credit or only for tickets and upgrades?

thanks

no OBC....only tickets and upgrades...

When you use your NCL card at an ATM to take out money, do you receive credit for this? I've looked on the boards and have not seen this question asked.

Thanks!:)

Never done it, but would think an ATM would be 'cash advance' which does not qualify for points.

Not the same thing as an ATM withdrawal, but I remember reading about someone who was close to the number of points they needed to redeem a certificate but was afraid they wouldn't get enough quite in time. They used their NCL card to "charge" gift certificates to someplace like the grocery store, or maybe Walmart, and were able to get their points up that way. It wasn't me that tried it, but if you're close to being able to redeem points for another 500 certificate, it might be worth trying.

This question is probably on here somewhere, but search isn't working...

If you've paid with coupons and then need to switch your cruise, do the coupons transfer as with prior $$$ payments?

Sometimes I get to reading about how great this program is and wonder if I should go ahead and send my 4 coupons in as payment in the event NCL/BOA drop this program....:eek:

We sent our certificates on Tuesday via Fedex. I know that they received them the next morning by tracking them and even got a fax with the signature. Haven't received any information as to if they have credited us for the $1,500.00 certificates. How long should I wait before panicking. Please advise. :confused:

We sent our certificates on Tuesday via Fedex. I know that they received them the next morning by tracking them and even got a fax with the signature. Haven't received any information as to if they have credited us for the $1,500.00 certificates. How long should I wait before panicking. Please advise. :confused:

at least a week before you panic....so far its only been a couple of days...