NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I mailed our two $500 certificates 7/10 and they were credited today (7/17). I used Certified Mail - Return Receipt and mailed them to the address on page one of this thread. (Haven't received the return receipt yet.)

Less than $500 due for final payment next month!

Applied and gor approved right away after a 3 minute on line application!!! cna't wait to charge and pay EVERYTHING at the end of each month and accumulate points! Although this is an NCL thread, does anyone know if Carnival has this program as well? Thanks and happy cruising to all!!!

I redeemed 4 certs and only used 3 on my October cruise.....thought I could turn back in the unused cert, but the rep at BofA said NO.

Has anyone else been successful in returning unused certs and have them put back into the Compass Rewards system?

This question may have been asked before, and if so, please forgive me for the repetition. I have made a reservation for my first cruise which is scheduled for 2009 and thus I am not a Latitude member. I completed the online application without filling in the Latitude number box and it came back and told me that the field was missing. Does this mean that I am not permitted to apply for the NCL Mastercard until I become a Latitude member? It that is not the case, how do I get around this?

This question may have been asked before, and if so, please forgive me for the repetition. I have made a reservation for my first cruise which is scheduled for 2009 and thus I am not a Latitude member. I completed the online application without filling in the Latitude number box and it came back and told me that the field was missing. Does this mean that I am not permitted to apply for the NCL Mastercard until I become a Latitude member? It that is not the case, how do I get around this?

Don't believe it's required to be a Latitude member. Did you apply using the NCL or BOA link? If you used NCL's, try using BOAs (see post 497 for assistance in locating the card on BOA's site.)

applied and was approved but i cruise in 7 days. What happens if i don't receive teh card/number before that time. Can they look it up at the pier and still charge my onboard account to the card?

No....you have to have the card with you. They electronically swipe it. Even if you have the number you don't have the security code...

Thanks to learning about the NCL MC on the CC site, we're hoping to charge our way to at least one $500 certificate by the time we sail. I plan to send in for the certificate as soon as we earn it and thought I'd probably send it on in to NCL to have it applied.

My question is this. What if something changed that prevented us from being able to sail on the cruise we're booked on? Would NCL agree to transfer our credit to another cruise or hold it if we weren't able to commit to booking another right away (I do realize the certificates are only good for a year).

I like to prepare for the worst and hope for the best - and while I certainly have ever plan to go as scheduled, with aging parents (not to mention our own middle aged bodies), you just never know.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

FYI - I mailed our Compass Rewards certs via certified/return receipt - they had been posted to our account by the time the return post card arrived! I mailed them to the street address on page one of this sticky.

I also mailed my passport renewal at the same time. The passport and the confirmation post card were both in the mailbox today! Less than 10 days turnaround!

I live in Miami and like to catch last minute deals and would rather not book too far in advance. when I book last minute, a few weeks ahead, the entire amount is due on booking.

my question is how can i use the certificates when the entire amount is due at booking?

Can I use them for on-board charges? Is there some way to use it to pay for the cruise?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I live in Miami and like to catch last minute deals and would rather not book too far in advance. when I book last minute, a few weeks ahead, the entire amount is due on booking.

my question is how can i use the certificates when the entire amount is due at booking?

Can I use them for on-board charges? Is there some way to use it to pay for the cruise?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

you can't use them for on board charges. You have to have them in prior to the cruise. They are good for any cruise within one year after they are issued. So you can get them book a cruise and send them in all prior to the cruise with no problem. You pay in full and they credit back to you the value of the Cruise rewards when they receive it.

Not necessary to book with NCL to use certificates. I always shop for the best price but make it a point to let them know I will be using my points. So far no problem. One of my certificates arrived the same day my card was billed for final payment. Only problem was that my TA had to call NCL and request that my account be credited for the $500.

Scenario for you...final payment is due 12/1. If I get an additional compass rewards in January, do you think NCL will accept it and credit my card? (Reservation was made by an online TA and cruise is February!)

as long as they have them before the cruise, they credit them.

FYI - I mailed our Compass Rewards certs via certified/return receipt - they had been posted to our account by the time the return post card arrived!

How do you guys check your account? Is it something that can be seen on-line, or you simply call your agent?