Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

Correct ... here's a photo that shows the two levels:

cruise-ships-eurodam.jpg

Now, based upon this it LOOKS like it would be possible to access the lower level from side doors, to port and starboard of that lump (officer's bar?) in the middle. :) If so, that's the same as on a Vista ... the Upper Promenade Deck.

It does look as though there is a door there, Greg. If I were you guys going on the inaugural, I'd be boncing off the wallls too.

It does look as though there is a door there, Greg. If I were you guys going on the inaugural, I'd be boncing off the wallls too.

I'm counting the days and duties.

2 more Sundays

4 Sunday sermons

4 Eucharists at which to celebreate

2 Bible Study sessions

2 Church newspaper articles to write

4 worship service bulletins to plan

6 church meetings to attend

3 District meetings to attend

9+ people to visit in hospital, nursing home, home, or at my office

<sigh>

Almost everything is ready for the Cruise itself, except that I've got to send off some clothing to the dry cleaners and I still need to pack. HOWEVER, I've finalized my packing list and am ready to start the actual packing process next week.

Next week is going to be a FAST, FULL, and BUSY week.

Did we all see the deck above the Crows Nest? The place where things go bump in the night. It does still exist.:D :D

Indeed.

Where MUCH sun is had during the day (at least, on Caribbean sailings ... Northern European cruises will be a bit nippy) and lovely star gazing is had at night. As for what-else goes on up there ... well, I'm not supposed to know about such things. :) ;) However, one does have to watch where one walks.

RevNeal, Thanks for the wonderful photos. I'm so excited for all of you who are going to be on Eurodam. HAL's interior designs have such an inviting appeal.

Too bad the cabans look like "flea market booths."

I'm looking forward to all of your live from posts.

RevNeal, Thanks for the wonderful photos. I'm so excited for all of you who are going to be on Eurodam. HAL's interior designs have such an inviting appeal.

Too bad the cabans look like "flea market booths."

I'm looking forward to all of your live from posts.

Now now ... we don't know if they're going to have a "flea market booth" look to them. I'm sure we'll all let you know, though!!!!

:D

Ah, YES! Ruth's Piano Bar ... and I see her chair, where she will be found most nights beginning in just 2 weeks and a few days. :D !!!!!!

pianobarJune18.jpg

pianobar2June18.jpg

I ADORE the look and feel of this room! YEAH! A classy, and real, piano bar ... though they DO still need to get that piano in place. There's a space for it, but no piano (yet).

Wonderful Piano Bar, Greg...thanks for the photos. I love the Piano Bar on the Noordam...and this looks even nicer!

A little excited?? A LITTLE excited? Ruthless ... dear dear Ruthless. I'm bouncing off the walls!

LOL...I'd be bouncing off the walls, too! Ah...if we could only do a cruise during the summer months, this would be IT! ;)

Some stuff about the dedication ceremony

D-day-venue.jpg

This is the parking lot next to the cruise terminal on the Wilhelminakade in Rotterdam. The sign says "Because of the christening of the Eurodam (this lot will be) closed from WED 18 JUN (so today) until FRI 07 JUL. This involves the entire parking lot." A multi-level podium and a 2,500-seat grandstand will be build on the lot. The bridge in the background is Rotterdam's famous Erasmusbrug. Looks like a prety nice day in Rotjeknor today! [/color]

Ditto.

And, from the looks of things, and given the traditions involved in the Explorers Lounge, I'm sure they'll do a good job there, too. I just wonder how the new Explorer's Lounge Bar will turn out. I hope it has a cozy, warm feel to it. Most of the Explorer's Lounges throughout the fleet have that feel, and on the Eurodam -- based upon the deck plans -- it looks like they got rid of the divided changer lay-out with the band stand all the way aft. There is a dividing wall, it looks like, against the exterior bulkhead, but it doesn't extend into the room very much ... certainly not enough to block the view/enjoyment of the classical strings. As for the bar, it would appear to be completely divided off from the rest of the Explorer's Lounge, oval shaped, and free standing in the forward chamber. Nice. I look forward to seeing pictures and then to being aboard. :D

Greg--

If I remember my PR, the Explorations Lounge will have a safari theme...

...quite a bit different from what we've enjoyed in the past, and about 1/2 the size since the Private Dining Room and Explorer's Bar take away from the space.

At least we know that the Ocean Bar and Piano Bar turned out nicely.

:)

Greg--

If I remember my PR, the Explorations Lounge will have a safari theme...

...quite a bit different from what we've enjoyed in the past, and about 1/2 the size since the Private Dining Room and Explorer's Bar take away from the space.

1. I would imagine that the "safari" theme will be in the artwork and the color scheme and tapistry choices ... not that we'll be sitting in elephant and hippo shaped chairs (I HOPE not!!!! :eek: )

2. The Eurodam's Explorer's Lounge appears to have a more efficient use of it's space, instead of breaking the room up into small segments. Here's a side-by-side comparison with the Noordam (the Eurodam is on the right):

explornd1.jpgexplored1.jpg

As can be seen in the above, the Private Dining Room actually takes up the space of that so-called "smoking room" that was used, on some of the Vistas, as a rug sales space and as a photo area on the Noordam. The heads have been moved forward and the private dining room put in the what I would call the old "King's Room" location on the R-class ships. The Explorer's Bar takes up the far forward segment of the Explorer's Lounge, and instead of having the band stand in the middle, where only the forward section could see and really hear the music well, the whole rest of the Lounge is mostly open.

My only real concern with the new configuration is that women flushing their toilets will be heard while the strings are playing. :)

My only real concern with the new configuration is that women flushing their toilets will be heard while the strings are playing. :)

You, sir, need a good spanking. Now, go to your room.

The piano? Greg noted that when he posted the pics of the Piano Bar. There's also no booze in the bar. Is there something else missing ... besides passengers? ;)

Heh - yep - the piano - must've missed Greg's post (That'll teach me for not looking at every thread every day - lol)

REVNEAL,

It depends on those guys playing the strings, if they are not that good the flushing toliets might help.

Hehehe, Jim .... only if the toilets will be flushed in time with the music!

Bach's Sonata in D-minor for Strings, Piano, and Toilet Continuo. :D

I'll bet you do;) !

When I was a monk I lived in a tiny "cell" with a twin bed, straight back chair, a tiny desk, and no private bath. It was MUCH smaller than an inside cabin on a damship.

Compared to that tiny monastic "cell," I have a very nice room now. :)

And that Mariner Dream Bed custom-made into a heart shape is really the piece-de-resistance, isn't it? :D

LOL ... Jim, you're bad!!! :D Mine's round on a rotating platform! :D ;)

However ... yes ... a Queen sized Mariner Dream Bed sure beats a thin twin mattress.

And that Mariner Dream Bed custom-made into a heart shape is really the piece-de-resistance, isn't it? :D

Have you ever slept in a heart-shaped bed? It's so strange---you roll over and your head drops in the "V", while your legs and feet have to taper into a narrow space. :eek:

Not nearly as romantic as it's made out to be. :rolleyes:

Have you ever slept in a heart-shaped bed? It's so strange---you roll over and your head drops in the "V", while your legs and feet have to taper into a narrow space. :eek:

Not nearly as romantic as it's made out to be. :rolleyes:

Doesn't that mean you were in it 'upside down'? ;)

Archived