Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

Notice the staircase from Crow's Nest/Explorations Cafe leading up to Sports Deck Forward (to the right of the Radio Mast)

Yep, I noticed it. It must be a easy access route for the beverage staff to bring the NoNo her booze while she's exposing her ... ah ... er ... ta-tas.

I wonder where the Chaplain's quarters are going to be. She certainly looks magnificent!

My guess would be the officer staff cabin area on the Panorama Deck forward, mid-section. There, or on the Upper Promenade Deck, just forward of the midships elevators, among the 6 unnumbered guest-entertainer cabins. If there are a lot of Guest entertainers and HAL HQ staff aboard, chaplains will probably be quartered down on Maindeck, just abaft the aft elevators in the inside staff cabins near the Ks. I like that area, but would prefer to be up high and forward for being "in the midst of things."

I prefer the R-class ship's configuration, with the Chaplain cabins on the port side just abaft the Crows Nest. :) Though the ride can be bumpy in high seas.

I bet the first big storm or gale will rip the roof off at least some of those cabanas. They’re just glorified tents.:eek:

They must plan to partially dismantle them in bad weather. :confused:

Mark….

I have to say I think its a waste of space and would have been better for something else to go there. I would never avail of the facility to be honest. They may re think the facility if they do not get enough demand for it .

Does it look like there is more limited access to where the Eurodam's bell will be? Greg, how are we going to get out there?:D

I really have no idea ... the photos really don't show how to access to bow, and the ship's deck plans leave that part out thus far. We'll see.

We may just have to do some explorations while aboard. I'll have to get some bread in the lido for a crumb trail. :D ;)

Just checked the latest update of the deck plans and that deck MAY be accessible from the upper-Promenade deck forward.

Yep, I noticed it. It must be a easy access route for the beverage staff to bring the NoNo her booze while she's exposing her ... ah ... er ... ta-tas.

Kind of a tacky thing to say, don't you think?

Kind of a tacky thing to say, don't you think?

Possibly, boxer2 ... perhaps I should have just said that: "It must be an easy access route for the beverage staff to bring the NoNo her booze on her topless deck" and leave it at that. I was trying to be a bit humorous. Clearly, it missed.

I really have no idea ... the photos really don't show how to access to bow, and the ship's deck plans leave that part out thus far. We'll see.
Wouldn't a first guess be the same as it is on Vistas? (And I don't know what that is, since I've never tried to get out on the bow on a Vista.)

Wouldn't a first guess be the same as it is on Vistas? (And I don't know what that is, since I've never been out on the bow on a Vista.)

Normally, I would agree. However, the forward bow on the Eurodam is configured somewhat differently from the Vistas and that might call for a different pathway. On a Vista one accesses the bow by going forward on the upper-Promenade deck and through the staff-only doors.

I think the cabanas look like some kind of traveling flea market set up shop!:eek: A stiff wind and over the side they go!;)

LOL ... well ... I don't think they look quite that bad! However, I DO agree that they don't look like they'll tolerate much in the way of wind/weather/storms, etc. One Gail Force storm and all that will go tumbling down on the magradome, smashing the glass.

I think the cabanas look like some kind of traveling flea market set up shop!:eek: A stiff wind and over the side they go!;)
Maybe they can be dismantled partially when approaching a strong storm? :confused:

Maybe they can be dismantled partially when approaching a strong storm? :confused:

I would sure hope so. Otherwise, there's going to be a lot of damage when wind gusts into and under those cabana tops and lifts them up into the air.

Wouldn't a first guess be the same as it is on Vistas? (And I don't know what that is, since I've never tried to get out on the bow on a Vista.)

But John, the bow seems to be on two levels. The lower level is small and where the bell will go. The higher level is larger, or so it looks from the pictures.

But John, the bow seems to be on two levels. The lower level is small and where the bell will go. The higher level is larger, or so it looks from the pictures.

Correct ... here's a photo that shows the two levels:

cruise-ships-eurodam.jpg

Now, based upon this it LOOKS like it would be possible to access the lower level from side doors, to port and starboard of that lump (officer's bar?) in the middle. :) If so, that's the same as on a Vista ... the Upper Promenade Deck.

Ah, YES! Ruth's Piano Bar ... and I see her chair, where she will be found most nights beginning in just 2 weeks and a few days. :D !!!!!!

pianobarJune18.jpg

pianobar2June18.jpg

I ADORE the look and feel of this room! YEAH! A classy, and real, piano bar ... though they DO still need to get that piano in place. There's a space for it, but no piano (yet).

Ah, YES! Ruth's Piano Bar ... and I see her chair, where she will be found most nights beginning in just 2 weeks and a few days. :D !!!!!!

pianobarJune18.jpg

Funny, I don't see the "Reserved" sign on my seat. I expect it will be added soon. ;)

Thanks for the photo, Greg. I'm starting to get a little excited. :)

Funny, I don't see the "Reserved" sign on my seat. I expect it will be added soon. ;)

Thanks for the photo, Greg. I'm starting to get a little excited. :)

A little excited?? A LITTLE excited? Ruthless ... dear dear Ruthless. I'm bouncing off the walls!

Now, I like the looks of the Ocean and Piano Bars. Hopefully the Explorer's Lounge and Crow's Nest will also have welcoming atmospheres. I don't have to like the decor of all the rooms on the ship, but I do need someplace to call 'home'. :D

Now, I like the looks of the Ocean and Piano Bars. Hopefully the Explorer's Lounge and Crow's Nest will also have welcoming atmospheres. I don't have to like the decor of all the rooms on the ship, but I do need someplace to call 'home'. :D

Ditto.

And, from the looks of things, and given the traditions involved in the Explorers Lounge, I'm sure they'll do a good job there, too. I just wonder how the new Explorer's Lounge Bar will turn out. I hope it has a cozy, warm feel to it. Most of the Explorer's Lounges throughout the fleet have that feel, and on the Eurodam -- based upon the deck plans -- it looks like they got rid of the divided changer lay-out with the band stand all the way aft. There is a dividing wall, it looks like, against the exterior bulkhead, but it doesn't extend into the room very much ... certainly not enough to block the view/enjoyment of the classical strings. As for the bar, it would appear to be completely divided off from the rest of the Explorer's Lounge, oval shaped, and free standing in the forward chamber. Nice. I look forward to seeing pictures and then to being aboard. :D

Archived