Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

Some add'l pics of the Neptune Lounge which is 'good to go'

neptune3.jpg

neptune4.jpg

neptuneJune19.jpg

neptune2.jpg

Hanging on the NL's forward bulkhead, the nautilus replica is a certified authentic collectible from the film “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.” Not sure if Capt. Nemo comes with it

Some add'l pics of the Neptune Lounge which is 'good to go'

neptune3.jpg

neptune4.jpg

neptuneJune19.jpg

neptune2.jpg

Hanging on the NL's forward bulkhead, the nautilus replica is a certified authentic collectible from the film “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.” Not sure if Capt. Nemo comes with it

This looks really nice.

TELL ME....You really booked this one???????????????

Are you kidding me?;) We're in the bowels somewhere next to the engine room!

Holland-Russia (Marco van Basten versus Guus Hiddink) tomorrow in the quarter finals!;)

Are you kidding me?;) We're in the bowels somewhere next to the engine room!

You disappoint me...I was hoping to use that jacuzzi on the veranda...LOL.........

Holland-Russia (Marco van Basten versus Guus Hiddink) tomorrow in the quarter finals!;)

That might be a great match, since Guus knows them all..

John, also please check your e-mail .

One more week before diner at Casa Van Dam.

You disappoint me...I was hoping to use that jacuzzi on the veranda...LOL.........

That might be a great match, since Guus knows them all..

John, also please check your e-mail .

One more week before diner at Casa Van Dam.

You must think we are part-owners of the Albert Heyn chain;)

I'll be glued to the TV tomorow at 11:30 PST - Maria doesn't like football/soccer

Will do this PM and get you some answers - next week today, we'll be at Schiphol taking a nap:)

Looking forward to that dinner and meeting the "America-goers"

You must think we are part-owners of the Albert Heyn chain;)

I'll be glued to the TV tomorow at 11:30 PST - Maria doesn't like football/soccer

Will do this PM and get you some answers - next week today, we'll be at Schiphol taking a nap:)

Looking forward to that dinner and meeting the "America-goers"

OK, waiting for a reply. have a nice weekend.

En de groeten aan Maria.

I've been waiting for months to see pics of the Penhouse suites...they look great! Can't wait to bask in it next January. My first cruise...and probably first and last time in a PS. It's a suprise for the fiance for our honeymoon! I want to spoil the suprise everyday!

I've been waiting for months to see pics of the Penhouse suites...they look great! Can't wait to bask in it next January. My first cruise...and probably first and last time in a PS. It's a suprise for the fiance for our honeymoon! I want to spoil the suprise everyday!

Now THAT is a wonderful honeymoon surprise!!!! Fantastic!

Sadly, you'll also be spoiled rotten by it and will not want to go down to just a suite, or less. It's part of the reason why I never book the Deluxe Verandah suite category. :)

Congratulations! And, as I've already said, what a wonderful honeymoon surprise! May you be blessed with not only a glorious cruise but, indeed, a wonderful marriage.

MrSpeck. I"ve got an idea...In all of our cruises I've been in a penthouse once so why don't I meet you both there, act as though it is MY penthouse, and surprise Both of you by kicking YOU out of "MY" penthouse?????

Don't expect a "just kidding"! My only consolation is that I am going on the Eurodam on November 1 thus beating you to the ship even if I will only be in a deluxe veranda suite.....

Congratulations and well done for pulling off such a wonderful surprise. It will be amazing to have the PS. :) Try to keep it til the very last minute , even until your fiance opens the door. That would be such a shock.

Congratulations and well done for pulling off such a wonderful surprise. It will be amazing to have the PS. :) Try to keep it til the very last minute , even until your fiance opens the door. That would be such a shock.

Actually, I believe you have to stop by the Neptune Lounge first and check-in there, and they take you to your "cabin"...that should make it even more fun and surprising (and special)!

Paul

I'm trying to keep my mouth shut about the entire trip, so I don't spill the beans. She believes that we are in a corner SC, so the Neptune won't give it away either. Should be fun! I think I'll be able to keep it a suprise up to walking in the door...that's my hope. Thanks for all the kind post...ok, except the one...guess I'll have to pack a night stick or bat or something to combat intruders. ;)

Are you thinking of booking it...if it's still available, Carol? ;)

Wouldn't that be a coup ? Wish I could.I'm so jealous of everyone going on the inaugural. Like you, Sheila, I wasn't a part of CC when the Noordam had its inaugural, so this is very exciting.

Wouldn't that be a coup ? Wish I could. I'm so jealous of everyone going on the inaugural. Like you, Sheila, I wasn't a part of CC when the Noordam had its inaugural, so this is very exciting.

I am, too, Carol.

Oh...how I would love to be joining all the CCer's on the Inaugural...not to be...working my fingers to the bone here at the inn this time of year...LOL!

But it would be such a treat to sail on the Inaugural. Lucky you to be able to sail on the NYC Inaugural...we can't do that, either. :( Business prevails, I guess. :(

HAL cruisers are, by and large, somewhat subdued and civilized. But just like any other group of people, you'll have personalities all over the map.

The Holland America cruise experience is one of classy elegance without stuffiness, IMO. The ships are beautiful and the crews are outstanding.

I must say the photographs posted on this site are certainly awe-inspiring. I would like to inquire, if I may, what type of passenger cruises on Holland America? I am looking for a more subdued, "civilized" atmosphere than what limited exposure I've had to cruise advertising indicates.

It sounds like you're looking for what HAL tends to offer. There are, of course, some notable exceptions to this, but for the most part HAL passengers tend to be experienced travelers, cultured in a broad range of traditions and tastes, not provincial, with a high average education and professional manner. They tend to be relaxed and easy-going, with enough flair and exotic tendencies to not be boring or dull.

Archived