Current concierges?

fflady

Andrea was great to us, sent us an email prior to sailing which was nice and helped out with dinner at chops and she helped serve drinks at night.

She is the bomb.

Andrea left the Jewel and, I think, Royal Caribbean quite some time ago. Nedere Reid has been the concierge for at least a year and left for vacation when we docked in Boston on Monday. Amanda was onboard during the crossing and will be taking over the concierge duties in Nedere's absence. She has big shoes to fill but appears anxious to do a more than satisfactory job.

Cruisinsince99'

Can you tell me when DeDe is scheduled to return to Adventure, we understood she would be there in October when we cruise on this ship again?

Thanks

Vanessa Rodrigues has taken over from DeDe.

We were the Adventure Sep 6th....Her 1st week. Vanessa did a fabulous job. She was very helpfull to all c/l guests and 'mingled' constantly.

She also spent a lot of time helping confused diamond cruisers.

Much as we loved DeDe we were in no way disappointed with Vanessa.

Bet you will love her!

Brian & Enis.

DSC05245_hf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have the names and email addresses of the concierges currently on the Navigtor and the Mariner? Many thanks

I think Fernando Ugalde may be on the Mariner....MA_concierge@rccl.com, I think all concierges have same email with initials of ship at front....

I'm a little confused. We've never sailed on anything larger than Radiance class since we became diamond so I get a little lost when talk gets around to diamond lounges. And we haven't sailed since the program changed to exclude diamonds from the CL.

But as I understand it, the Oasis and the next largest (Freedom class?) have an actual dedicated lounge for Diamonds but D+ can choose between that and the Concierge Lounge. Do those lounges also have a dedicated Concierge? What is a D/D+ Concierge? Don't the D+ get to use the CL? Is that just on ships with no CL that there is a Concierge for D & D+ members? What about suite guests, are they out of luck on those ships?

On all other ships, there will be Diamond "events" each night and the location may vary. And there is no Concierge on those ships. Is that right?

We have 3 cruises booked for next year and will be D+ after the last one and then maybe I won't be confused anymore.

I get pretty frustrated on threads complaining about the changes and how diamonds have been abandoned so don't read them anymore. But this thread seems to be very postivie and informative so I thought I would ask my question here.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a little confused. We've never sailed on anything larger than Radiance class since we became diamond so I get a little lost when talk gets around to diamond lounges. And we haven't sailed since the program changed to exclude diamonds from the CL.

But as I understand it, the Oasis and the next largest (Freedom class?) have an actual dedicated lounge for Diamonds but D+ can choose between that and the Concierge Lounge. Do those lounges also have a dedicated Concierge? What is a D/D+ Concierge? Don't the D+ get to use the CL? Is that just on ships with no CL that there is a Concierge for D & D+ members? What about suite guests, are they out of luck on those ships?

On all other ships, there will be Diamond "events" each night and the location may vary. And there is no Concierge on those ships. Is that right?

We have 3 cruises booked for next year and will be D+ after the last one and then maybe I won't be confused anymore.

I get pretty frustrated on threads complaining about the changes and how diamonds have been abandoned so don't read them anymore. But this thread seems to be very postivie and informative so I thought I would ask my question here.

Thanks in advance.

For the Diamond Event on those ships which either have only a CL or none, RCI personnel should be in attendance to help with most of the services that a concierge handles. Where there is a Diamond Lounge, the Loyalty Ambassador or members of his or her staff will be in attendance to offer those services. The Diamond Lounges, which currently are available only on the three Freedom Class ships, are exterior lounges aft of the Viking Crown Lounge and provide fabulous outside views and offer similar food and beverages in the morning and evening that guests with access to the Concierge Lounge receive. I believe that Diamond Plus members on those ships have access to either lounge, but am not sure why, if given the choice, they would opt for the CL.

On our Jewel Transatlantic, the Diamond members seemed reasonably pleased with the nightly Diamond event and the special breakfast area available to them in the morning. The primary complaint I heard during the cruise came from cruisers at all C&A membership levels - the absence of the daily satellite newspaper.

I hope that I have cleared up some of your confusion but, if not, please repost and I, or someone better able to explain the situation, will try to assist you.:)

Where there is a Diamond Lounge, the Loyalty Ambassador or members of his or her staff will be in attendance to offer those services.

That may be true, but, I have never seen the DL concierge with the LA. As far as I know, they are also concierges. Perhaps at the temporary DL's on non-Freedom class?? In Sept 09 when we were on the Liberty oS, Oana was the DL concierge. Anthea was CL concierge.

I believe that Diamond Plus members on those ships have access to either lounge, but am not sure why, if given the choice, they would opt for the CL.

On the Liberty oS, D+ had access to both lounges. I read on some threads that Freedom did not have the same access. The CL was quiet with few guests. The DL was active with a lot of people all the time. For socializing much, much better and like you point out, the view was also much, much better.

That may be true, but, I have never seen the DL concierge with the LA. As far as I know, they are also concierges. Perhaps at the temporary DL's on non-Freedom class?? In Sept 09 when we were on the Liberty oS, Oana was the DL concierge. Anthea was CL concierge.

On the Liberty oS, D+ had access to both lounges. I read on some threads that Freedom did not have the same access. The CL was quiet with few guests. The DL was active with a lot of people all the time. For socializing much, much better and like you point out, the view was also much, much better.

From the latest reports Freedom of the Seas is now allowing Diamond Plus members in both the Concierge Lounge as well as the Diamond Lounge. Same goes for Independence.

From the latest reports Freedom of the Seas is now allowing Diamond Plus members in both the Concierge Lounge as well as the Diamond Lounge. Same goes for Independence.
That sounds good. We are deck 9 for our Jan. 21, 2010 cruise and there are times we might want to just go up to deck 10 for the CL and our kids just made Diamond so we can go to the DL with them next time we all cruise together.

ALL INFO HERE IS PROVIDED BY MEMBERS OF CC. :D

Below you will find RCCLs complete fleet (21 ships) in alphabetical order.

The lightened text are the ships without CLs.

The text you can easily read are the ships which have the lounge as well as who is currently taking care of it.

Where there is more than one person listed those are who fill-in when vacation comes into play. If their name is underlined they are believed to be currently active.

You can contact them at xx_concierge@rccl. com, just replace xx with the two initials in front of the ships name on the list. (remove space between the . and com)

For example: to contact the concierge on the Adventure of the Seas you would send an email to AD_concierge@rccl. com (remove space prior to com)

RED INDICATES NEW CHANGES

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Vanessa Rodrigues /Robert Madouche- Carmen

2. BR Brilliance of the Seas - Katherine Valenzuela / Betsy Medrano (barkeeps Angela & Milan)/ Duygu Tanel (DeDe)14DEC-??FEB

3. EN Enchantment of the Seas -Diego Tripaldi/Gonzalo Alfano

4. EX Explorer of the Seas - Ricardo Ugalde / Kelly Rizzaldo (5/14/9-?)(Barkeep Ismael - Julius Cloud9)

5. FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge) - Willie Salaya / Francois Roux (on holiday 5/31/9-8/3/9)

________________________(Diamond) - Carmeliza Colina/Amit Chattopadhyay (Willie will cover for Amit 8/3-?)

________________________[Waiter, Melvin Gomez]

6. -- Grandeur of the Seas - none

7. ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge) - Kevin?/Gershwin/??-09MAY

____________________________ (Diamond) - Ricardo Mock/lCoumella Arandia/

8. JW Jewel of the Seas - Nedere Reid / Amanda (barkeep Eva)

9. LG Legend of the Seas - Julianne/Julian Querico

10. LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Anthea Helmsing / Mario

________________________(Diamond) -Mario Adonis Reyes/Oana Popa

11. -- Majesty of the Seas (MJ) - none

12. MA Mariner of the Seas - Fernando Ugalde /Allen Fajardo barman Augusto, Aubrey, Jupiter wkly rotation) [auxillary Joycelyn, Sheldon]

13. -- Monarch of the Seas (MN) - none

14. NV Navigator of the Seas – Carlos Marasigan /Carlos Javier/Willie Salaya Ortiz (barman Allen and Michael Solomon)Tulio is in satellite lounge

15. OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge) -Reyno Varkevisser / Francois Roux

____________________ (Diamond) - Gershwin Bronswinkel

16. RD Radiance of the Seas- Juan Diego Miranda-Allen /

17. -- Rhapsody of the Seas (RH) - none

18. SR Serenade of the Seas - Rahul Barua/ Kenneth Boodoo (is covering for Rahul who is on holiday)

19. SP Splendour of the Seas – Kelly Rizzaldo / Fatima Scudiere

20. -- Vision of the Seas (VI) - none

21. VY Voyager of the Seas - Martin Sanchez / Cara Brown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outstanding Concierges who are now (rumored) leaving RCCL

MARITZA (SR) MOOLAN -CONFIRMED & GONE

RICKY (EX) 08/23/2009

CARLOS (NV)

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Giovanna[holiday-April then moves to MA in JUNE]

Alexandria

Archived