What is MUTS

Viola

I have cruised many times but do not know the meaning of these letters.

Thanks

MUTS are mixed breed dogs you can adopt at your local animal shelter :D Just kidding!

MUTS = Movies Under The Stars......a large outdoor screen on the Lido deck on some Princess ships where you can watch movies.

Are these snacks included in the price?

Just asking, don't want any suprises:)

I won't know for sure for 3 weeks, but I seriously doubt they would be included. Princess loves those additional income streams. Heck, I heard a rumor that they were going to charge for a colon cleansing if you happen to flush the toilet in your cabin while you were still sitting on it :D

Are these snacks included in the price?

Just asking, don't want any suprises:)

The times my kids or I received snacks, they were free. They had a popcorn machine in the evening - so free popcorn to all, one afternoon a staff member came around with an insultated pack on his back containing cold milk & also had fresh baked choco. chip cookies, another evening a waiter came around with a tray of small warm donuts (like little zeppolli's) with a little fruit spread in them.

I don't know if they offer snacks for sale on any other ships, but never did on our cruise. I would think things are kept similar on all ships. BUT....if ever in doubt, don't feel funny saying, "Wow, they offer this free of charge??!!!" If the answer is no, then don't hesitate to say, "Oh, no thanks."

Even if you are not really into movies, make sure you go at least once during an evening show. Have fun!

MUTS is a great place to watch sports; the World Series or Monday Night Football especially. Princess does a great job with bringing snacks out on deck; popcorn, hotdogs, wings, etc. and it's a great party!

OH! I didn't even think about football. My husband would love that!

We booked the Grand for 2/2/08 because we are taking our adult "kids" and their spouse for their birthdays and this date fell directly inbetween them. We did not know it at the time but the Super Bowl is on the next day and DH, DS/DIL, SIL are ecstatic over the chance to see it on MUTS.

Myself & DD are hoping it's not formal night and we will miss out on a chance to dress up. I doubt we will be able to pull the other 4 away from the game. I'm sure our "duties" will be to provide sustenance for the duration.

Caribbean Princess...when I was on, they did bring around popcorn. There are blankets on the chairs too! I wasnt ever offered cookies though. One thing is for sure, during the day at MUTS, its packed and they hound you continually about ordering a drink. They asked me about 10 times around 10:30am in the morning if I wanted alcohol. For goodness sakes, its not even noon! LOL! Still the greatest place to relax and enjoy a movie day or night. Enjoy!

Caribbean Princess...when I was on, they did bring around popcorn. There are blankets on the chairs too! I wasnt ever offered cookies though. One thing is for sure, during the day at MUTS, its packed and they hound you continually about ordering a drink. They asked me about 10 times around 10:30am in the morning if I wanted alcohol. For goodness sakes, its not even noon! LOL! Still the greatest place to relax and enjoy a movie day or night. Enjoy!

Remember on a cruise it is always 5 o'clock, you don't have to look for the somewhere. :cool:

We'll be on the Emerald in Dec and will be our 1st MUTS exp. Not sure during the day, I like quiet sunning,reading and relaxing... but at nite it seems really romantic.. like a drive in movie on the water:p

CuriousCat

PS please pass the popcorn and cocktails... what movie theatre can you get free pocorn and drink a drink or beer:D

We'll be on the Emerald in Dec and will be our 1st MUTS exp. Not sure during the day, I like quiet sunning,reading and relaxing... but at nite it seems really romantic.. like a drive in movie on the water:p
Only if it's not raining. Then, even if you're sitting under cover, it's not a fun experience.

Only if it's not raining. Then, even if you're sitting under cover, it's not a fun experience.

During our cruise on CB it rained on the last sea day, but it still was fun to watch "Phantom of the Opera" as MUTS... I loved MUST!!!

wed_1.jpg

Here is more MUTS

On Carnival Liberty they also have MUTS, but if wasn't as much fun.

Archived