Fun Poll: When do you check the dinner menu?

ecowen

When do you look at the dinner menu?  

533 members have voted

1. 1. When do you look at the dinner menu?

• I try to get a copy of the menu BEFORE the cruise
    • I hover around the dining room entrance early in the day so I'm the first one to see it
    • I mosey on over to check it out during cocktails before dinner
    • I peruse it quickly on the way into the dining room
    • I prefer the surprise of waiting until I'm at the table

Hi Phil:D ..yep, 2 weeks...then Pete and his better 1/2;) and the rest of our Roll Call will be meeting in the Crowe's Nest after Muster (supposed to be one of the many nice Lounges on the HAL ships).

Wanna go with us??:D :D :D

I generally don't even think about dinner until I start getting hungry. haha. That gets me in trouble at home sometimes when I forget to plan dinner and we have to get out a frozen pizza or stir up something from cans. I guess on board I have to worry more about what to wear to dinner and there's no time to consider what we are going to eat. It's not as if I have to go to the store or thaw something out hours ahead of time.

slinkie

Do we have to get dress up for formal night?

Yes I do look at the menu. I always see something I like and then I change my mind. Every once in a while I order something I have never had -

It is all good - except the cold garlic potatoe soup.

Having never sailed with Celebrity before don't know what we'll do this time. On HAL we typically go to the Crow's Nest for a cocktail before dinner. On all of our cruises the staff has offered that night's menu. Once they knew we were interested they automatically brought it to us every night. I only recall stopping by the dining room once or twice, and only if in the area, to read the menu posted outside.

I wait until we actually go into the restaurant. I figure surely there will be something on the menu I will like & if not I've usually eaten enough during the day to live off the fat of the land (lol)

Guess I like the surprise of it all... 7_13_16.gif

If there is a menu available, we can't wait to see it! It just makes planning more fun and time go by faster. I have found a few on the following website: http://cruiseclues.com/menus.htm

Fantastic link! It's fun to compare menus on different ships.

It's amazing what people will collect and post on the Internet for people like me with OCD to enjoy. :)

I never even thought about looking ahead of time... :confused: Man, have I been missing the fun of "looking forward to dinner"...I can't imagine...I look forward to every meal, and those in between, when cruising. :o

• 3 months later...
I NEVER look at the menu beforehand. I will even cover my ears if someone is discussing it. I love to be surprised at the table. Color me kooky, but that's the way it is with me. My 8th X cruise is coming and I can't remember previous menus.

We pretty much always look at the menu early in the day, but maybe on our next cruise we'll take this route and be surprised. Although we pretty much know what's coming.

Since we are in San Juan until 11pm and have open seating that first evening, we are considering taking advantage of the Ocean Liners Restaurant on Constellation that 1st evening on board - anyone done this before? It is open right? We were going to do it the middle of the cruise but the night we would usually do it would be the same night as Cirque and we would have to go so early I would rather not rush, especially since I prefer to relax while on Vacation. Let me know your experience if you have done the specialty restaurant the 1st night, if you found any different or if it is even open. Thank you!

Since we are in San Juan until 11pm and have open seating that first evening, we are considering taking advantage of the Ocean Liners Restaurant on Constellation that 1st evening on board - anyone done this before? It is open right? We were going to do it the middle of the cruise but the night we would usually do it would be the same night as Cirque and we would have to go so early I would rather not rush, especially since I prefer to relax while on Vacation. Let me know your experience if you have done the specialty restaurant the 1st night, if you found any different or if it is even open. Thank you!

Is the speciality restaurant 1/2 price on the first night like it is on RCI?

Since we've done some odd schedules (e.g., 11 night), I'm never 100% certain which night will be which, and in order to get an appropriate bottle readied for dinner, like to take a look at the menu late afternoon, usually soon after getting back on the boat after a shore excursion or wandering around late afternoons on at-sea days. Since we're almost always aft, it's a quick ride down to peek.

On my last cruise when they ask for suggestions I told them it would be nice and easy for them to post the days menues for all venues on the TV. They let you order wine through the TV but you would have to go to the dinning room to find out what was on the menu for the night before you could select your wine. Didn't make sense to me when they could provide all the information on the TV

Dublin - Yes! The cold garlic potatoe soup is HORRIBLE! (Everything else is suberb)

Perki - Yes, the specialty restaurants are open the first night. I think that would be a great time to go! Much less crowded and you will get special attention. I do not think that night is a "half price" night like Royal Carribbean.

When we were on Century they had the menu on the Tv in the afternoons, but on our recent Infinity (12-5-04) they did not have it on the TV. We had to go down to the dining room - that's OK - we needed the excersise.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, if all you people like to 'be surprised at the table' who are the people I keep bumping into as I come out of the dining room from breakfast? You know, the ones huddled around the posted menus looking at lunch and dinner! LOL!

If I want to order wine on the tv I sometimes ask the waiter to let me peek at the next night's menu when I'm finishing dinner. Now that's early.:)

Archived