Fun Poll: When do you check the dinner menu?

ecowen

When do you look at the dinner menu?  

533 members have voted

1. 1. When do you look at the dinner menu?

• I try to get a copy of the menu BEFORE the cruise
    • I hover around the dining room entrance early in the day so I'm the first one to see it
    • I mosey on over to check it out during cocktails before dinner
    • I peruse it quickly on the way into the dining room
    • I prefer the surprise of waiting until I'm at the table

To start with, I look at the dinner selection on the room service menus as soon as we board the ship (they're the same as what is served in the dining rooms) so that I can decide when to book the specialty restaurant - don't want to miss the lobster/crab legs/formal nights. If there's one night I don't especially like, that's the night for the specialty. Otherwise, I usually look sometime before dinner.

On our cruise last week to Bermuda on Zenith, it seems they had the lunch and dinner menus posted early in the day, right after breakfast so my husband would read both at the same time.

On other cruises they didn't post the menus until later in the day.

After having done 4 Celebrity cruises in a row within the last 2 years, I pretty much know the 7 day dinner menu by heart anyway.

Anne Maria

You can normally find out from a cruise critic........for my Caribbean Princess cruise, several have websites they started after the cruise listing all types of information including the daily patters and the menu's........I would imagine you could find someone from Celebrity that would scan the menu's and do the same thing........again, it just helps plan what nights to schedule alternative restaurants..........pick the days.......and then forget the menu and check daily when on the ship.

on hal if you are in a suite they give you a copy of the menu the day before so i do look at that-otherwise surprise me -------

does celeb give the suites copies of the menus prior to the food service -other then being posted outside the d/r

on hal if you are in a suite they give you a copy of the menu the day before so i do look at that-otherwise surprise me -------

does celeb give the suites copies of the menus prior to the food service -other then being posted outside the d/r

When we were on the Century in December, our Butler provided us with verbal information about the dinner menu for that evening, noting his recommendations, during the afternoon.

Actually I think we know the dinner menu by heart,,,having gone on so many X cruises,,,they really don't vary ship by ship and pretty much keep to the same food......would be nice to have some surprises on our next Millie cruise in Dec.:D

You missed a selection;) ...you know the dinner menu is posted after lunch outside the dining room......If I eat lunch in the dining room, which I do quite often, normally on my way out.......I will stop and just take a glance at the menu...but it doesn't make much difference to me.....I enjoy looking at it when seated at the table:)

I agree with Lois, a glance as we leave the dining room after lunch. Many years ago, when I first started cruising, it was a big deal to see what was being offered. This was especially true when sailing on a cruise line for the first time. Of course, those were the days of a big buffet every night at midnight, too. I think that some of the dining habits have changed recently, but it is still a wonderful experience to have this high quality food, presented professionally in a delightful atmosphere.

Jim

I always try to see the menus before we cruise to assist in my pre-cruise day-dreaming process. When we are on the ship, we usually see the dinner menus sometime during the day during our ship explorations. However, we usually wait until we are seated for dinner before actually making our final decisions. We like to hear what the waiter has to say, etc. Also, I try to remember what my fellow Cruise Critic cruisers have said about their favorite menu items. Since this is our first Celebrity cruise, I have paid special attention to food discussions. From what I gather, many CC cruisers have enjoyed the cold soups, which I have never tried before. In case you think we obsess about food, we also read up on tips about the ship and also favorite shore activities. Cruise Critic members have been a great help in all of those areas!!

Peggy

I guess I would look at it if someone stuck it in my face before we went to dinner, but I don't usually go looking for it. Our last waiter even ordered for me a couple of times last week. He was always right about his selections. Some items he would not even let any of us order, we trusted him.

I'll look at the posted menu if I happen to pass by during the day. But it's not an imperative.

Sometimes it's nice to have it available in case we're tired and thinking of doing room service. But in all our Celebrity cruises we've only done dinnertime room service twice. We just hate giving up the dining room experience.

Archived