What are the NEW benefits for Elite menbers?

jaycor99

Hi

just made a payment on line and was given a message that Elite members are eligible for new Captain's Club Benefits.

We have never cruised with celebrity but are diamond on RCCL-I have read earlier about the benefits which are not near as good as Rccl but that is okay because we need a change.

Basically, from what I found out, is that the perks for Elite members have been downgraded. They removed the “dinner with a senior officer” for example.

At the end I think more and more people reach the Elite level, so they had either cut the perks or come up with an additional level (like RCCL’s diamond plus)

Personally I find the Crown and Anchor program much more rewarding and interesting. Only the given discount booklet with RCCL does offer REAL offers and discounts (for Diamond) like free ice cream, free specialty coffee, free photo, free Johnny Rockets menu. And even discounts on balcony or suite cabins. The Celebrity program is far from that level in my opinion.

I feel that the Captains Club basically does not bring anything real extra to my cruise experience. At least it’s in no way rewarding enough to give me the “we’re so glad you’re back and appreciate this” feeling !

Hi

just made a payment on line and was given a message that Elite members are eligible for new Captain's Club Benefits.

We have never cruised with celebrity but are diamond on RCCL-I have read earlier about the benefits which are not near as good as Rccl but that is okay because we need a change.

Classic Level Benefits*

One-Category Upgrade

Complimentary Custom Air Request

Presailing Specialty Restaurant Reservations

Priority Embarkation (where available) - Founder Classic Members Only

Exclusive Captain's Club Party

Captain's Club Premium Booklet filled with valuable onboard offers

Preferential Debarkation (where available) - Founder Classic Members Only

Reunion Cruises

Online Newsletter

Additional sailing credit on itineraries of 12 nights or more (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)

Additional sailing credit for booking a Concierge Class stateroom or Suite (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)

**After earning 5 cruise credits spacer.gif Select Member Benefits

Includes all benefits of Classic membership, plus:

Behind-the-Scenes Tours

Chardonnay Blending Seminar

Priority Status for Shore Excursion Waitlist

Senior Officer's Cocktail party

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Platinum Level

Plus all Classic Member Benefits spacer.gif

Elite Member Benefits

Includes all benefits of Classic & Select membership, plus:

Complimentary use of Thalassotherapy Pool on Galaxy and Mercury

Private Shipboard Departure Lounge with Continental Breakfast

Priority Tender Service

Priority Waitlist for Dining Room Seating

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Diamond Level

Plus all Select and Classic Member Benefits

*** After earning 10 cruise credits

When it comes right down to it, except for a few drinks and a free bingo card there are no benefits to being elite on Celebrity.

The upside is that the cruising experience makes up for the lack of perks.

One of the things I liked was the use of the "private dis embarking lounge" however the last time I cruised with Celebrity, I found that the coffee/tea and danish was not offered. There were waiters there but they simply stood and chatted to each other, when I attracted a waiters attention and asked if I could have tea, I was told that they had none, asked if they had coffee, and finally was given a cup of thick sludge, no cream and no sugar, and certainly no danish !

The service in any area of the ship (any ship ,any line) depends on the staff, and the senior management.If senior management is poor, the staff skip on their duties.

In all my cruises with Celebrity, I've never seen a separate embarkation lounge. Where the heck is it, and why didn't anyone know what I was talking about on our last cruise?

I see no mention in any post of Embarkation Lounge,

There never has been one. What is mentioned is the dis-embarkation lounge which in many cases is the specialty restaurant but other rooms have been used as well.

I see no mention in any post of Embarkation Lounge,

There never has been one. What is mentioned is the dis-embarkation lounge which in many cases is the specialty restaurant but other rooms have been used as well.

I have used this the last 3 or 4 times we were on the ship.

It is usually the Michaels club or some small spot amid ship.

The Captains club hostess or future cruise sales person usually stops by that morning. They have either walked us out or given us the green light that we could leave.

I have seen the 'dis-embarkation lounge' on my cruises. The problem I have seen is that it is never staffed, and the danish, juice and coffee are consumed by those simply walking by, or are in line waiting to get off.

The most frequently used places I have seen are the library, conference room and theatre.

Its starting to look like X's policing of any of their perks or policies are about as good as their ability to enforce a dress code. Not that it ruins my cruise, but it does make me question the integrity of the company and their policies.

Dave:eek:

The 'New' benefits described, are simply the crossover availability from Celebrity to Royal Caribbean status and visa versa.... Thats it.

Those aren't new they are at least three years old.... Maybe its something they didn't put on the web site yet. Celebrity is going to have to do something about the benefits as they really have a reputation as having perhaps the worst benefits of all the cruise lines. They really are pitiful...

I actually just called to do a group booking and thats what the rep. told me. I know they are not 'new', but they are the newest as far as I can remember.

BTW: It would be nice if they added a new level above Elite.

I actually just called to do a group booking and thats what the rep. told me. I know they are not 'new', but they are the newest as far as I can remember.

BTW: It would be nice if they added a new level above Elite.

Thats funny, good ole Celebrity customer service, clueless....

thanks everybody

I had already read about the benefits-but when I say the note saying that there were new ones for Elite members then I thought something new was available-

thanks again

It's the dumb computer. Despite a system upgrade, it can't tell the difference between regular cruisers and occasional ones so it sends a message at random

I agree, they're pretty pitiful -- but at least according to the website, there is one nice perk for us on the Mercury: complimentary access to the T-pool!! We're doing CC rather than a suite this time, so I initially thought that we'd have to pay $20 a day. I was very happy to see that we won't have to pony up -- in theory, at least. I guess we'll find out next weekend! :)

I recently cruised on the new RCCL Liberty of the Seas (I'm a Diamond level C&A member even without the reciprocity thing) and the one really nice benefit they have there is the "Diamond Lounge"...

They delivered a special key to my room that gave me access to the lounge 24 hours a day...nice room with great view up on the top deck...ample seating (Never too large a crowd...I guess there weren't a lot of Diamond members or maybe some were too busy elsewhere)...

Every afternoon/evening, they had a nice spread of special appetizers/hors d' ouvres/desserts and had the Diamond concierge pouring FREE DRINKS...

It became part of my regular routine to head up to the Diamond Lounge before dinner and enjoy my pre-dinner drinks there...

This is easily the BEST Diamond level perk I've ever had ...and I really wish Celebrity would institute the same thing...

It's not that I can't afford to pay for my own drinks...

It's that you really feel like you are being treated in a special manner in gratitude for your considerable patronage...

And I am one of those who really thinks the cruise line owes me nothing for repeat patronage...I get my full dollar's worth every time I cruise and feel that everyone who pays for the cruise deserves the best treatment and service the line has to offer...

But, gee, Celebrity can get rid of any other perk it wants if they'd just add an "Elite Lounge"...

This is easily the BEST Diamond level perk I've ever had ...and I really wish Celebrity would institute the same thing...
The quality of the perks on RCCL vs. X, REALLY make me wonder if corporate isn't just towing X out to sea to sink her into the abyss never to be heard from again...:(

The quality of the perks on RCCL vs. X, REALLY make me wonder if corporate isn't just towing X out to sea to sink her into the abyss never to be heard from again...:(

Then RCL would not be investing in 4 new Celebrity ships. HAL has a very faithful following and there are even fewer perks. It seems to be a trade off, better service & food vs perks.

It would be a nice surprise if the new ships have an Elite lounge...

I think the perks are in the product. RCI has beautiful ships, but their food and service is lacking, whereas Celebrity's cuisine and superior space ratios, makes for a better core experience.

If being treated "famously" is a goal of Celebrity, perhaps my wife and I could be considered "poster children".

We have been invited to the Captain's table six times; we have toured the back stages of theatres, toured galleys, toured the bridge; been to parties with officers; wine tastings; tea times; disembarkation lounges; we have been the first couple to disembark; flowers in the cabin; gifts in the cabin; after dinner roses for my wife; free photos; priority tendering; free use of the Aqua spa (Galaxy).

All this, at a price competitive with the mass market cruise lines!:) What's not to like?

Enjoy!

Kel

It would be a nice surprise if the new ships have an Elite lounge...

Hi Arno !

I have put that on the comment cards, dozens of times :). That is definitely one of the many features I hope that the Solstice Class has. Let's hope Celebrity is listening !

Actually, when we were on the Mercury in January, we did use the Elite Disembarkation Lounge ( it was in the Movie Theater) and it was staffed, tea, coffee, OJ and DANISH, were there.

We were among the first to disembark so it certainly did work for us.

Archived