Just off Sovereign 9-14...How can you go wrong?

sea-cruise

I just returned from the 9-14 sailing aboard Sovereign. How can you go wrong for that low low price??? I don't know how they do it. I paid $169 plus tax with the senior discount for a 3 day cruise.

The food was wonderful, both in the dining room and Windjammer buffet. I've heard it said on cc that the buffet food wasn't hot enough, but it was this past week. Lots of choices, and the staff offered to get me an iced tea or lemonade when they noticed that I sat down without a drink on two occasions.

It's been about 9 years since I was last aboard this ship, and she is still a beauty. I only took an inside cabin because I am bringing our DD & SIL in Dec and will be paying for two balconies so I tried to cut some corners for myself.

The cabin was very clean and well kept. There was an offensive odor in the cabin the first day but when I requested a maintenance service, it was promptly corrected.

I didn't receive my compass, chocolate, ice, or other amenities the second day, but I did see my steward and politely mentioned it, and he apologized. I felt there was no need to get him in trouble, for we all make mistakes now and then.

The seas were only 1 to 2 feet and it was smooth sailing. CocoCay is better than I remembered....beautiful....with tiny buildings that are painted in hot Caribbean colors (i.e. orange with turquoise shutters, etc.) and there are now lifeguard stands far out into the waters where the snorkelers are swimming.

The ribs were so tender the meat fell off the bones. There were all sorts of salads, bbq chicken, HD's, HB's, desserts, etc.

Incase anyone is interested, there is no priority departure lounge at Port Canaveral. A gentleman on RCI's staff said that they are will have a lounge soon.

Debarkation was very nice. We went to the Mirage dining room on deck 4 at 6:45 and had coffee and a pastry, and we were led off at 7:10

It was well worth that small amount of money, plus I am very happy that I earned a cruise credit for such a short cruise! Too bad I don't live in FL. I had used my frequent flier miles to fly from NJ to FL so the flight was free.....and I'm very happy. :)

Hi There,

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. Did you have to request to have early debarkation?

Both of our girls have to get back for work Monday night; and we have an7-8 hr drive after we get off the ship; wondered how we request that?

Thanks,

Tammy

Hi There,

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. Did you have to request to have early debarkation?

Both of our girls have to get back for work Monday night; and we have an7-8 hr drive after we get off the ship; wondered how we request that?

Thanks,

Tammy

We automatically were offered an early departure for being diamond/platinum members, but I know for a fact that you can get Express Departure. Go to the Purser's desk (Guest Services) and ask for the special luggage tags. You will meet at the Mirage dining room on deck 4 at 6:45 just like I did, but you will go through the doors on the right side instead of the left. You'll depart around 7:15. You can wheel your luggage off yourself if you'd like to. (I had a large suitcase and a carryon that I wheeled off myself).

Also, what deck was your cabin on? We were on Deck 5 last year and caught an odor every now and then; we're on Deck 4 this time.

I was way down on deck 2 and my cabin was #2061, but next time you cruise, just ask for a service call and I'm sure they will correct it right away. The staff was very eager to please.

Thank you so much for the info. You have just kicked my excitement level up a notch! What a sunny personality you must have:-)

Tammy

Thank you for your kind words! :)

The truth is, I took care of both parents with (stroke) tube feedings, heart bypasses, and lung cancer for a total of 16 years (parents have been gone now for 7 years) and I just want to have fun and be as happy as possible for the rest of my life.

My kids are 40 & 45 and they each took turns caring for my parents one week per year so I could go on a cruise. Thanks again for your post, and have a wonderful cruise! :)

Thanks for your review. We love the Sovereign for all the reasons that have been mentioned! It's less expensive for DH and me to sail a 3-nighter than spend a weekend at the beach (Destin or Panama City, FL.)

I guess it helps that we can drive and save air fare.

Kaye

We were on the same cruise and the one before it too. We thought it was fantastic!! The food was great!

The best part was leaving the ship at 7:10...and on the road by 7;30 we had a 4:00 flight out of Tampa, and we were at the airport by 10:10...they put us on a 10:50 flight...we were back in Dallas by noon...WooHoo!!

We went on the cruise as Platinum members and walked off as Diamond..YeeHaw!!!

Thanks for the review. We are on the SOS this coming Monday. Can you tell me what the SOS has in the bathrooms. I am asking about shampoo, hair conditioner, soap, hair dryer, or anything else. I am trying to plan on what to bring with us. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the review. We are on the SOS this coming Monday. Can you tell me what the SOS has in the bathrooms. I am asking about shampoo, hair conditioner, soap, hair dryer, or anything else. I am trying to plan on what to bring with us. Thanks in advance.

They do have hairdryers, not sure how good they are since I always bring my own. Don't remember, but I don't think there were any other toiletries - again, I bring my own, but I don't remember seeing anything, so I would bring your own. They do have 2 nice wire shelves in the shower that have plenty of room to set your stuff on.

Have fun. We can't wait to go back on her in Jan

You are exactly right, Sea-Cruise! How CAN you go wrong?!?

I love the Sovereign and have always found the staff to be very helpful with a can do attitude. :)

I'd be on her all the time if it wasn't for the air fare cost. LOL

Glad you had a GREAT cruise!

we sailed the SOS nov.05 and will again next month we had a great time on her as well. can you tell us whats on the room service menu i know about breakfast but never used them for anything else. also can you tell me what water is for sell in the cabins i forget the brand, Thanks

Archived