Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

I was thinking starboard and typed port! How could I do that?!

My drink of the day when off the ship was also gin.... in a Tom Collins. I was holed up (way up) in the directories as a FCT.

Never made the Med, as scuttlebutt was that our ship had a hairline crack in the hull and had to stay in the Carib because it couldn't withstand the crossing again. We'd watch divers go down and check it out between cruises. My brother was also in the Navy and was stationed in the Azores for a while.

Not to sway topic here denb, but what ships were you on, and what time period?

I bet that the Boxer hung out over on pier 2. Not much had changed in that area where my ship, USS Charleston (LKA-113) was often berthed.

We're going down that way in July and the base is a most likely spot for us to visit.

Yes, I'm sure it was 2 as I remember it was the 2nd from the end. We rode past it on Carnival Victory back in '03 out of Norfolk. It looked quite different from my long ago memories.

Back on topic (Sorry for the temporary hijack everyone.)

What is everyone's speculation on the "Relaxation Lounge" on the fore of the Penthouse Deck? Is it part of the Spa/Aquaclass benefits? It's right below the Spa Verandah, so do you think access to the Relaxation Lounge will be from there? Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall any description of it and it's not listed under 'Lounges, Bars & Clubs' on the web site.

It's listed in the Aqua Class benefits. If it's like the relaxation lounge on Enchanment, it will be a bunnch of chairs with a nice view of the ocean. It could be a nice place to read a book. I think the access will be directly from the corridor of AQ cabins, using your room key. I would guess there will be juices and teas, like in the AQ rooms themselves.

Wow, I can't believe the ship is now being delivered three weeks early. that's a big change!

Great!! Maybe they will have some mini trips to nowhere we can jump on. Since we live only 45 minutes from Port Everglades, that would be just awesome. :)

Makes me wonder how much earlier Equinox and Eclipse will debut!

Seems like the shipyards are getting so efficient that if one wants to be on an inaugural, one may want to keep the month prior available and not get too far ahead with booking air.

Makes me wonder how much earlier Equinox and Eclipse will debut!

Seems like the shipyards are getting so efficient that if one wants to be on an inaugural, one may want to keep the month prior available and not get too far ahead with booking air.

I think they build more "spare" time in the first of a class, although you're right, Equinox is already under construction, too.

Great!! Maybe they will have some mini trips to nowhere we can jump on. Since we live only 45 minutes from Port Everglades, that would be just awesome. :)

Nah, it's three more one-week sailings. Apparently, the ones the first of Dec are quite reasonable.

I think they build more "spare" time in the first of a class, although you're right, Equinox is already under construction, too.

I'm sure a lot of it has to due with padding the time schedule and improved efficiency. But, I also zipped over to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port schedule. Previously, they had about 5 days of inaugural activities scheduled before it sailed down to Ft. Lauderdale. Looks like those have been pulled off the calendar now. Sad for those of us in the Northeast that were hoping to possibly get a sneak peak or even wrangle up an invite. :( Though I AM happy that they are making good progress.

Nah, it's three more one-week sailings. Apparently, the ones the first of Dec are quite reasonable.

Are you trying to mess up my dreams?:D If I wish real hard, maybe there will be some short ones. RCCL has done it regularly.

I'm sure a lot of it has to due with padding the time schedule and improved efficiency. But, I also zipped over to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port schedule. Previously, they had about 5 days of inaugural activities scheduled before it sailed down to Ft. Lauderdale. Looks like those have been pulled off the calendar now. Sad for those of us in the Northeast that were hoping to possibly get a sneak peak or even wrangle up an invite. :( Though I AM happy that they are making good progress.

Maybe they can add the NYC days back in on the revised schedule? They certainly will want press for this new ship and class.

Hi:)

The price for the Dec 7th sailing is too good to pass up:D

I had originally booked her for January and then cancelled it.

Booked a 4 nighter on Infinity for Dec 3rd but just transferred

that to this one~even for a solo the pricing is terrific:)

my little ole inside cabin and all;) I must admit I am excited

to be sailing a brand new ship!

Yay! Good for you, Lois! First person in the brand new bed. Sounds great! :D

We're waiting for the Equinox...sadly, no cruises for a while. :(

Yay! Good for you, Lois! First person in the brand new bed. Sounds great! :D

We're waiting for the Equinox...sadly, no cruises for a while. :(

First person?:confused: nope.....I think her Inaugural will be sold

out:) so someone will have been in my cabin already.;)

The Inaugural was moved up to November.

Oops, sorry, my bad. I knew this...not sure what I was thinking.

Well, enjoy anyway. ;)

First person?:confused: nope.....I think her Inaugural will be sold out:) so someone will have been in my cabin already.;)

The Inaugural was moved up to November.

YAY!!!!!!!!

It is incredible what it's gonig for. I'm really excited for you and hope you share LOTS of details. Of course, I also hope you like it so much you join us on the Equinox TA!

YAY!!!!!!!!

It is incredible what it's gonig for. I'm really excited for you and hope you share LOTS of details. Of course, I also hope you like it so much you join us on the Equinox TA!

Hi Lee:) those TA's are never good for me. That thing

called WORK always gets in the way:eek:

Guess what??? The ITINERARIES have all been changed for the spring '09 cruises! Our cruise is no longer Tortola and Labadee.:eek:

Time to make some phone calls!!!

Edit: The face page shows different itineraries, the exact date still shows the itinerary I booked. Too much confusion. Must make calls.

Archived