Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

the online book is great & I have used it quite a bit tocheckon things...but I am glad we received the hard copy one too--saving it as a collectors item!

You can click for it on line at "brochures" or call Cap Club--out of several attempts we finally had one arrive in the mail--another one that came was much smaller & really just a PR piece--saving that too for the collection!

Thanks for the new pics--can't wait for the tarps to come off...

We just booked the 11/30 sailing. We had not even given it a thought when we received an e-mail from our agent. One look at the prices,a few calls to our usual travelling companions and here we are. So very excited about being on what looks to be a fantastic ship. We are also booked on the Explorer for a Canada/NE in August but I swear,I am more excited about the Solstice

Hi, do any of you know if a hard copy brochure of Solstice

has been printed?

Lois,

You can request a hard copy on Celebrity's website. I received mine a week after I requested it online, and now it is sitting on Walter's nightstand. Before I gave it to him, that brochure sure was a great reading material before going to bed; sweet dreams, indeed! Can't wait to cruise with you on 12/7!

Ben

We just booked the 11/30 sailing. We had not even given it a thought when we received an e-mail from our agent. One look at the prices,a few calls to our usual travelling companions and here we are. So very excited about being on what looks to be a fantastic ship. We are also booked on the Explorer for a Canada/NE in August but I swear,I am more excited about the Solstice

I so wish we could get the time off from work and go on this cruise. But we're doing the Connie Repo on Oct. 30 so it's out of the question.

Jo-Ann

I so wish we could get the time off from work and go on this cruise. But we're doing the Connie Repo on Oct. 30 so it's out of the question.

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann, We are also on the Connie on Oct. 30 but just could not resist the Solstice sailing on Nov. 30. Rod figured he can work around this busy schedule. We will all be dead a long time and just couldn't resist sailing on Soltice for the price.

Pat

Jo-Ann, We are also on the Connie on Oct. 30 but just could not resist the Solstice sailing on Nov. 30. Rod figured he can work around this busy schedule. We will all be dead a long time and just couldn't resist sailing on Soltice for the price.

Pat

Pat, that's great that you could work it out. Unfortunately, Bob isn't allowed to take any vacation time in December, so the Solstice was out of the question. Also, we're doing a lot of home improvements at the moment (furniture, carpeting, etc.), so the budget wouldn't allow it even if the boss would!!!

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann, Rod is his own boss. If he doesn't work he doesn't get paid but if he works hard on either side of our vacation we usually don't lose too much money by going away. I had to promise to pay for the cruise with my divedend check. So that money is put aside for this cruise. I was just so excited about this ship that he just couldn't tell me no.

Pat

I apologize if someone has asked this and I missed it, but does anyone know if there are going to be any additional perks for Elite CC members on the Solstice? For example, is there any thought that Elite members might get some of the same benefits as AquaSpa guests or anything of the like? Not to get into the vent that Celebrity perks are so much less than, say, Royal, but I was wondering if they would use the introduction of a new class of ships to maybe up the ante a bit :)

Nothing on anything like that.

Elite will get Elite benefits.

Concierge Class will get Concierge Class benefits.

Aqua Class will get Aqua Class benefits.

Suite guests will get Suite benefits.

Being CC Elite booked in an aft Concierge Class, I'll be happy with both.... actually, all three benefits. ;)

Archived