Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

eroller, DH and I are on Sky Deck with a Aft Veranda. Its a personal thing but we wouldn't change that real estate for anything else ( unless they wanted to upgrade us to a Suite (which did happen once :p ). I'm a bit confused, my question is if a person has an Aqua Class cabin they automatically go to the Blu Diningroom and the menu is different??

eroller, DH and I are on Sky Deck with a Aft Veranda. Its a personal thing but we wouldn't change that real estate for anything else ( unless they wanted to upgrade us to a Suite (which did happen once :p ). I'm a bit confused, my question is if a person has an Aqua Class cabin they automatically go to the Blu Diningroom and the menu is different??

If you book into an Aqua Class cabin, you're automatically assigned to Blu as your primary restaurant for dinner. My understanding is the menu will be different from the main restaurant. I'm not sure if you could also order off the main restaurant menu as well?

Normally I love the aft facing cabins. The one disadvantage for me the way SOLSTICE is set up, is that when I lean over my balcony to look down at the ocean I will actually be looking at the cabin below me. Of course the occupants on the deck above me will be able to look down on my cabin. I'm not sure I will like that, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Ernie

Thanks Ernie,

I'm glad to hear that "pods" will be used. The lack of vibration ( normally caused by shafts) in the aft end of the ship is great. And the mobility of the ship so enhanced with the "pods".

Has anyone else noticed the gaps between the aft facing cabins. As you look at the most recent photos showing the rear of Solstice you can see that between cabins 2152 and 2150 resort deck, 1674 and 1672 penhouse deck, 1206 and 1204 on sky and so on down the back there is a 3 to 4 foot gap between these cabins.

I wonder what is in this space and if the balconies will be a little wider in these staterooms when the ship comes out.

Can you tell I'm obsessing too!!!!

What do you guys suggest?

Aft facing Concierge Class (which I am already confirmed in) on Penthouse Deck

or

for a total of $100 more upgrading to Aqua Class on Penthouse Deck (on the hump)

To be honest, I'm not sure I like the idea of being assigned to Blu. What if I have friends sailing that are not in Aqua Class. Can I dine with them in the regular dining room?

Any other significient benefits of being in Aqua Class over Concierge Class (besides entry into the relaxation room which frankly is not a big deal to me)?

Thanks for your advise.

Ernie

We had to make the choice between an AC Cabin and a CC aft cabin on the Equinox for our cruise on Oct 10/09. We chose the CC aft cabin because I didn't want to give up the main dining room experience.

We are also booked on the Sky Deck in a CC aft. In 2004 we booked an aft on Millie and when we embarked we found out that we were upgraded to a Royal Suite. Cruising will never be the same!!!

First off , hi to Carol and Bob and Lois, hope u have a great time. We STRONGLY considered joining you as the rates for your cruise are fantastic and, as you know, it is our anniversary week. Then Margo reminded me that we both used up most of our vacation time last month on our 2 week cruise to Italy. So, we'll stick with our CC class Aft cabin on the Panorama deck sailing Feb 1, 2009.

Question; as I look more closely at the itineraries for our cruise, I see some "funky" arrival and departure times. Arrive San Juan at 2pm and depart at 8pm. Arrive St. Martaan at 8am and depart at 11:00 pm (no problem with that one!) and arrive Tortola at 7am- depart at 2pm??!! Why bother?

Just curious if anyone else had noticed that and has any input as to the reasons??

It seems like it has been close to 2 months since they last revealed more of Solstice's offerings. I am dying to see what the atrium/centrum will look like. I bet it will be spectacular.

By the looks of the deck plans it seems the atrium will be open all the way up to the top deck where the huge glass structure seen in the pool pictures will let the natural sunlight shine in.

Not sure if I am looking at the deck plans right or not, but what do you know/think the Soltice's atrium will look like?

Schplinky, Nice new picture.

I was thinking about the 10 different restaurant venues. Am excited about the Asian venue, sounds great.

Gitte: Can you find out if they did special insulation under the pool deck for sound and insulate the cabins below it. ? Flors? Any clue?

Happy Sunday to all. Yesterday here in Florida it was 100 degees F in the shade. :( Oh, its only June 2.

Daph

Hi everyone...

New to Celebrity and I'm considering the Equinox in an AQ cabin, which is currently on hold. I like the cabin's location, but....

My concern is the balcony overhang on the Penthouse Deck. I have seen all the current drawings and the photos from Andreas (thank you, Andreas).

I would like some opinions from you seasoned Celebrity cruisers, including LoisR. ;)

As the PS, RS, CS and SS verandas are also under the overhang, would the overhang be a deal breaker for you? I assume that at sometime there would be some sun. There would also be rain protection, but wouldn't you think the cabins would be dark also, even with the draperies open?

In other words, since Celebrity chose to do the overhang for the most expensive suites on the Solstice and Equinox, do you see this as a "bad thing"?

I realize everything's just speculation at this point and I have many other AQ cabins to choose from right now. Just asking for some opinions, nothing more.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Hey girl, :) I just booked this for Dec 7th and have not been

following this thread until Friday...just reading a bunch of it

this morning.

I cannot help you with cabins, or I should say I have an

inside booked. Most everyone else on here has balconies

(seems like anyway).

If you want, just email me

lo1958@hotmail.com

Don't want to get too offtrack as this thread is really about

Solstice.

eroller, I know what you mean about looking down at the veranda below us. I hadn't thought of that aspect of it. But we'll stay put. We really want the traditional dining experience although as you noted on our thread it seems more and more chairs are empty in the main diningrooms on all the lines.

Louis, I thought that we were in San Juan until 10:00 PM on our sailing, I'll have to go back and look. As far as Tortola that would be really bad times. Many people want to get over to The Baths at Virgin Gorda and that requires a few hours to do it right IMO. Yes we remember your wedding anniversary and the hunt for the wedding band etc. That was a great cruise. Thanks for the picture of you and Margo its great.

First off , hi to Carol and Bob and Lois, hope u have a great time. We STRONGLY considered joining you as the rates for your cruise are fantastic and, as you know, it is our anniversary week. Then Margo reminded me that we both used up most of our vacation time last month on our 2 week cruise to Italy. So, we'll stick with our CC class Aft cabin on the Panorama deck sailing Feb 1, 2009.

Question; as I look more closely at the itineraries for our cruise, I see some "funky" arrival and departure times. Arrive San Juan at 2pm and depart at 8pm. Arrive St. Martaan at 8am and depart at 11:00 pm (no problem with that one!) and arrive Tortola at 7am- depart at 2pm??!! Why bother?

Just curious if anyone else had noticed that and has any input as to the reasons??

Hi Lois, looks like the itinerary for the cruise that Louis is on in Feb. goes to Tortola. :eek: I know we aren't and glad that we are in San Juan until 10:00 PM. Its so pretty sailing out by El Morro after dark.

Schplinky, Nice new picture.

I was thinking about the 10 different restaurant venues. Am excited about the Asian venue, sounds great.

Gitte: Can you find out if they did special insulation under the pool deck for sound and insulate the cabins below it. ? Flors? Any clue?

Happy Sunday to all. Yesterday here in Florida it was 100 degees F in the shade. :( Oh, its only June 2.

Daph

Nice and cool in Connecticut:D .

Hi Daph, 90 and today we had horrible storms:eek:

with hail and trees down too:confused:

Oh, you have your days mixed up....today is

June 1st~"The Official Opening of Hurricane Season":rolleyes:

Our Solstice itin goes to St Kitts--we like that island so not a problem. Looking forward to it.. Also goes to St Marten & San Juan--not our favorites but Ok for a stop...Main interest will be the ship & there are nice days at sea..

Tortola (not on our itin) is fun--last time we shared a cab with a cc couple & went out to Sopers hole & had a nice morning there--beat the tour bus crowds..had already done the tours before & Cane Garden Bay

From what I've heard it appears that internet access will be available shipwide - including the cabins. The brochure indicates a 'nominal' charge for this. Anyone have any idea how much it will cost? I hope it's not as much as they charge now on the M-class ships! :confused:

Anyone notice the Sky Observation Lounge does not have an elevator! I guess our bad knee friends will have to do stairs. I know you can walk across the upper pool deck but you get your hair blown away! I want to watch the dancers they are going to have doing their thing there.

Joann and Bob

Archived