Hello from Volendam!

bepsf

hmc6.jpg

Scotty posing on the beach ... should this go into a Muscle-man magazine??

All the shots are great, but this one is truly special. It is so Scotty. ;)

Thanks to both you and Brian for thinking of me. :) Include me in tonight's toast! :D And keep on keepin' on---you all deserve the good time it's obvious you're having.

Thanks to both you and Brian for thinking of me. :) Include me in tonight's toast! :D And keep on keepin' on---you all deserve the good time it's obvious you're having.

You're welcome, Ruth. We DO miss you, and wish you were here! So MANY things remind us of you! And, yes, we offered up a toast to you during dinner ... "to Ruth and her chocolates, may she be blessed!"

We're working on Scotty to get him to join us for the Rotterdam in January. I'm not holding my breath, but he's inching that direction. He wants to see Rio, BA, and Antarctica. So ... at least he's nibbling on the bait.

It's amazing how many people know us aboard this ship ... and not just regular CCers, either. I keep getting intercepted by people (passengers and staff), asking me if I'm "RevNeal" from CC. I admit that I am, and they usually say something like "thank you thank you SO much .... " and so forth. Truly, CC is a great place to come for information and to share our favorite addiction between doses!! :D

As for the Comfort Suites ... it's a nice hotel. Nothing super special, but comfortable and they provided free transport from the Airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier, so that was very nice. :) I'll be happy to stay there again, if ever I fly in a day before. Frankly, when cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale I don't see much reason to fly in a day before ... not coming in From DFW. But, this time it made sense.

We're working on Scotty to get him to join us for the Rotterdam in January. I'm not holding my breath, but he's inching that direction. He wants to see Rio, BA, and Antarctica. So ... at least he's nibbling on the bait.

Yes yes yes! Oh that would be great if you could convince him he wants to join us! :) :)

I must have missed something. What are the duckies for? :confused:

Laura - I've done pretty well on eBay for formalwear, for both of us. :)

Susan -

Surely you jest????? Rubber duckies? They're for the BATH!!! You know Brian. ;)

Thanks for the eBay tip. :)

As for the Comfort Suites ... it's a nice hotel. Nothing super special, but comfortable and they provided free transport from the Airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier, so that was very nice. :) I'll be happy to stay there again, if ever I fly in a day before. Frankly, when cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale I don't see much reason to fly in a day before ... not coming in From DFW. But, this time it made sense.

It depends on the time of year, I think. I was just reading a post from last year where someone was glad she went a day early because on Jan. 5, 156 flights were cancelled at DFW because of ice. Remember we do have occasional weather.

Wishing you more fun from Denton, TX. Thanks for the pictures. And tell us about the near drowning. This is my greatest fear!

Hi Mom, Scotty, Brian, Greg, Christopher and Janice!!

I just took a look at the pictures that Greg posted...GREAT, I LOVE IT!!

You all look like you are having so much fun. I just wish I could be there!

Eurodam for sure! Can't wait! Ruth and I are gonna join in the fun for that trip so look out!! I miss you Ruth Francis if you are reading this! Well, gang enjoy yourselves and I'll be on the lookout for more pictures from my Reverand friend! Miss and love you guys!!

Love,

Emily (just using Adele's account while she's gone):D

Crystal

So glad you found the wine card that I left in 7052!! So glad it was someone from CC - I guess we are the ones with the Bible trick!

I really drank more wine than there are punches, but my wine steward was very generous and never punched it in the evenings so I thought some one should get some use from it!! He also never charged me corkage fees in the DR when I brought down a couple of bottles brought from shopping in port.

Have a great time and here's a toast to the Volendam!! I fortunately never had trouble with the A/C in that room. All in all, our Panama Canal cruise was great! Hope yours is, too!

Kathy

That was soo nice of you to leave a wine card, especially not knowing if anyone would find it or even someone from CC. The one time I had punches left on a Cola card I sent it to my boss who was getting on the Veendam the following month and he had no problem using it.

BTW – You may have noticed a new poster here: NanaApa That’s my M&D who are joining me for their first cruise on the Eurodam Inaugural – I wish they were here to enjoy this trip and I want to thank them both for being such great parents and teaching me to appreciate the finer things in life.

I love you both.

Greetings and that is so nice to thank your parents! I can't get mine on a cruise ship (well they went once on a Princess cruise and did not like it.)

That was soo nice of you to leave a wine card, especially not knowing if anyone would find it or even someone from CC. The one time I had punches left on a Cola card I sent it to my boss who was getting on the Veendam the following month and he had no problem using it.

Thanks Jade! I did mention that I left a wine card in that room on the Volendam on the thread about a week ago where we mentioned messages left in the Bible. Don't know if Crystal saw that thread or just happened to open the Bible. Anyway, just paying it forward.....:)

I miss you Ruth Francis if you are reading this!

I am. And I miss you, too, Emily. :) So, why didn't you post under your own board name?

Looks like your Mom is having a wild time! Good goin', Adele! :D

(oh, and it's Frances; I'm a girl ;) )

Where are the "full-moon" photos?;) :D

I'm afraid that the "Full Moon Cay" Photos would violate TOS ... so ... sorry for teasing ya!!! :D :eek:

Don't know what "TOS" stands for. :( But I do know you have my e-mail addy. :D

Nice pics, Rev! Have a great cruise! Watch out for the Spanish Inquisition!

Thanks, John! One never expects the Spanish Inquisition ... but the Dutch Reformed Inquisition is very predictable (or, at least, predestined). Of course, the worst they ever do these days is play tidly-winks on your back. :D :eek: ;)

Your ears must have been burning last night, for your name came up in conversation with the ship's Chief of Security ... ;) :p

Hi Mom, Scotty, Brian, Greg, Christopher and Janice!!

I just took a look at the pictures that Greg posted...GREAT, I LOVE IT!!

You all look like you are having so much fun. I just wish I could be there!

Eurodam for sure! Can't wait! Ruth and I are gonna join in the fun for that trip so look out!! I miss you Ruth Francis if you are reading this! Well, gang enjoy yourselves and I'll be on the lookout for more pictures from my Reverand friend! Miss and love you guys!!

Here's "lookin at ya!" Emily! I'll have a few photos by tonight, I'm sure. I've still got to report on yesterday ... and, we dock at Aruba at noon and a bunch of us are getting off to go shopping for various and sundry items. :) (read: booze). So ... take care! YES ... Eurodam in July 2008! :D I don't know if that ship will be the same after we've taken part in taking her apart right after her formal naming ceremony! :D

Thanks for posting the photos and video--HMC looks so beautiful!!! Gald you're all having such a great time. So when do you go through the Canal?

Friday morning and then, again, Friday afternoon. The Gatun locks both ways. :) I don't think we're getting off the ship -- I want to but Christopher is making whiny noises about wanting to stay aboard and relax and watch the lock operations twice. I want to watch them too ... but I really want to see them from SHORE as well as from ship. He doesn't seem to "get" that. Oh, well ... I'll be back in a few years (at most) and I'll go ashore in Panama then.

Here's "lookin at ya!" Emily! I'll have a few photos by tonight, I'm sure. I've still got to report on yesterday ... and, we dock at Aruba at noon and a bunch of us are getting off to go shopping for various and sundry items. :) (read: booze). So ... take care! YES ... Eurodam in July 2008! :D I don't know if that ship will be the same after we've taken part in taking her apart right after her formal naming ceremony! :D

Greg,

Please let me know if you find a good wine shop close to the ship in Aruba. Hopefully they will have duty free wine from Europe like we bought in the past on some of the French Islands.:D Your posts are making my next 16 days very hard to endure, glad you all are having such a great time.

Thanks, John! One never expects the Spanish Inquisition ... but the Dutch Reformed Inquisition is very predictable (or, at least, predestined). Of course, the worst they ever do these days is play tidly-winks on your back. :D :eek: ;)

Your ears must have been burning last night, for your name came up in conversation with the ship's Chief of Security ... ;) :p

Hope it was in a good way!;) Maria and I had a conversation once with Larry Offerdal and his wife in the Crows Nest of Zuiderdam at New Years. Nice guy! Of course, there's someone here who knows him much better!

Enjoy Aruba and the canal later!

Archived