"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

I was just thinking that. If they don't have the right traffic control there this afternoon, it's not going to be a pretty sight.

Hmmm. . . you might be right. Maybe I should wait until about 6 to head over.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1103a.jpg

If we have to board late today. . . so be it. I know that in just 2 more days I will be where I love !

I will be hoping for beautiful waters in Bermuda. . . . Like here from my trip to Bermuda in September. . . .

Radio

grferry3.jpg

Thanks Judi, you can follow us thru Radio!!!

We were thinking the same thing but what will we do all day as check out here is 12n which we will push. Look for me in the waiting area i will be wearing my lei!!! We should be able to find chris pretty easily as a couple with twins should stick out!Maybe we should make a cc sign

As of 7:45am EST Explorer was off the eastern shore of Maryland/Delaware. Travelling at 22 Knots. Seas look to be MUCH calmer (reported at about 2-4 foot swells)

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml ---- is a great web site that tracks cruise ship positions.

Going to leave Leesburg VA about 10am today for the 4 hour drive.

Oliver

As of 7:45am EST Explorer was off the eastern shore of Maryland/Delaware. Travelling at 22 Knots. Seas look to be MUCH calmer (reported at about 2-4 foot swells)

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml ---- is a great web site that tracks cruise ship positions.

Going to leave Leesburg VA about 10am today for the 4 hour drive.

Oliver

Heres another one.. *****/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Jewel+of+the+Seas

I happen to be tracking the JW ,but there are other ships..

Heres another one.. *****/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Jewel+of+the+Seas

I happen to be tracking the JW ,but there are other ships..

Thats a nice site Parrothead. . . but it shows only the ship scheduled position. http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml will show last reported postion.

They are both wonderful though !

Radio

Morning Radio....i guess if you are bored you could do...LIVE from the Residence Inn Newark/Elizabeth....take us through the free breakfast! LOL.....OR you could do LIVE from Ikea! (SOME IKEAs have a 99 cent breakfast special too!! and FREE coffee!)

That traffic into and out of the pier area is gonna STINK! Maybe Trump will let you borrow his helicopter!

Great to see another LIVE thread from Radio - the best!

Good luck getting onboard and finding something to eat tonight. Sounds like it'll be another great experience. Always enjoy reading your posts.

Not sure it'll make any difference, but I'll turn off my signature/countdown clock to see if you can download the thread a millisecond faster.

Radio just wanted to let you know that i'm looking forward to your live posts. You always seem to do them right before our sailings (we did Voyager in Sept in 2005 and Explorer in Sept 2006). Now we will be doing the 12 night Explorer in January. You always get us pumped up for our cruise. Your detail and great pictures makes us feel we are right there with you. Have a great time !!! Laura

Great to see another LIVE thread from Radio - the best!

Good luck getting onboard and finding something to eat tonight. Sounds like it'll be another great experience. Always enjoy reading your posts.

Not sure it'll make any difference, but I'll turn off my signature/countdown clock to see if you can download the thread a millisecond faster.

Ha Ha. . . thanks ! :)

I'm sure there will be something to eat. . . . There's always room service ?

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

Radio just wanted to let you know that i'm looking forward to your live posts. You always seem to do them right before our sailings (we did Voyager in Sept in 2005 and Explorer in Sept 2006). Now we will be doing the 12 night Explorer in January. You always get us pumped up for our cruise. Your detail and great pictures makes us feel we are right there with you. Have a great time !!! Laura

Great ! I may be doing a 12 night Explorer in Jan. too !

Radio

Radio (and others),

Perhaps you can give me some advice...

I am interested in taking a short cruise to Bermuda next Summer which I would combine with a few days exploring on land first. I am thinking of following your footsteps and sailing from Cape Liberty with a few days in New York first (which I have never visited) but also want to consider the other options of Baltimore and Norfolk.

Do you know which trans-atlantic airports these two might be near and what is worth seeing in each area for a couple of days before the cruise?

Jane

x

HA HA here my live report from the fairfield. woke up early due to the time change and excitement:rolleyes: , then down to breakfast had the homemade waffle with syrup and a banana and my needed diet coke, DH had premade biscuit egg and sausage and coffee. then back to the room to check out ways to spend the afternoon as i planned on being in the windjammer:( . Well we will all be prepared for long waits and irritated people so off to have fun!

And I'll chime in with... Live from My House! I had planned to be at the pier by now, a little disappointing for sure but glad all are safe.

The limo has been rescheduled and we'll probably arrive in the middle of the disembarkation/embarkation chaos; oh well, the kids have their video games and I have my trashy vacation magazines!

Radio (and others),

Perhaps you can give me some advice...

I am interested in taking a short cruise to Bermuda next Summer which I would combine with a few days exploring on land first. I am thinking of following your footsteps and sailing from Cape Liberty with a few days in New York first (which I have never visited) but also want to consider the other options of Baltimore and Norfolk.

Do you know which trans-atlantic airports these two might be near and what is worth seeing in each area for a couple of days before the cruise?

Jane

x

for Cape Liberty....EWR or JFK-you could see NYC....lots to do.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com

FOr Baltimore....BWI or IAD (about 45 minutes to an hour away....near DC) you could see Baltimore...very nice town...and you could hop on a train...Amtrak or MARC (i think MARC is only on weekdays) and go into Washington, DC.

http://www.amtrak.com

http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/

http://www.baltimore.org/

in Wash, DC...SOOOOOO much to do.....

http://www.smithsonian.org

http://www.dctours.us/

as for Norfolk...i guess IAD as well....longer drive....maybe Richmond or Norfolk....(you'd probably have to connect somepalce....) Norfolk/Portsmouth area is very nice...you could get to Virginia Beach and/or Williamsburg pretty easily as well..

that's a start...hth

And I'll chime in with... Live from My House! I had planned to be at the pier by now, a little disappointing for sure but glad all are safe.

The limo has been rescheduled and we'll probably arrive in the middle of the disembarkation/embarkation chaos; oh well, the kids have their video games and I have my trashy vacation magazines!

well...if y'all knew about this early enough...you could have had a little impromptu BBQ or pizza party with all your similarly bored cruisemates! LOL......sorry, it must really stink to have to wait! I would go nuts...then i would cruise thru jersey gardens in search of a bargain...or pop over to Ikea just for fun...but THAT IKEA can be a mess on Sunday......

Hello everyone ! I drove over to the port this morning, just to see how they are handling the problem. . . Here is the latest.

They said I could drop off my luggage if I wanted to, and they will be boarding at about 7PM. They said the ship will not be in port until about 3PM. They also gave me a letter from Royal Caribbean, and suggested that anyone who arrive early can take advantage of the free shuttle over to Jersey Gardens Mall. For passengers who want to stay at the terminal. . . they will be offering light snacks and beverages until embarkation begins.

Here are a few shots from today. . . .

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Johnny Rockets at Jersey Gardens Mall

Maybe JR's will be open tonight on Explorer ! !

1104a.jpg

Within walking distance from my Hotel. . .

1104b.jpg

Riverwalk near the Passenger Terminal

1104e.jpg

We can begin embarkation at around 7PM

1104g.jpg

This photo is from the Explorer Webcam at 1:42PM. . . .Almost there !

bow.jpg

Hello everyone ! I drove over to the port this morning, just to see how they are handling the problem. . . Here is the latest.

They said I could drop off my luggage if I wanted to, and they will be boarding at about 7PM. They said the ship will not be in port until about 3PM. They also gave me a letter from Royal Caribbean, and suggested that anyone who arrive early can take advantage of the free shuttle over to Jersey Gardens Mall. For passengers who want to stay at the terminal. . . they will be offering light snacks and beverages until embarkation begins.

Here are a few shots from today. . . .

Radio

Johnny Rockets at Jersey Gardens Mall

Maybe JR's will be open tonight on Explorer ! !

1104a.jpg

Within walking distance from my Hotel. . .

1104b.jpg

Riverwalk near the Passenger Terminal

1104e.jpg

We can begin embarkation at around 7PM

1104g.jpg

This photo is from the Explorer Webcam at 1:42PM. . . .Almost there !

bow.jpg

Radio:

Glad you found something to pass the time til you board the ship...Have a great time...Later, Jill:cool:

Hello everone. . . I am still at the hotel. The Marriott has been very very nice allowing me to have a very late check out. I was thinking about going over to Liberty Park, and visit the Statue of Liberty, I decided against it.

I will be heading over to the Pier very soon. I will hopefully get to post before we sail. It will be interesting to see what changes are in store for us this evening. . .

Boarding and Terminal Pics later tonight ! ! :)

Almost There :)

Radio

Archived