"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

RCCL just contacted me about tomorrows cruise. They say not to arrive before 4pm. Boarding will take place between 6-8pm, with departure "after that" (probably 9-10pm)

Dinner: There will be one big buffet style "dinner" set up throughout the ship, no sit down dinner on Sunday.

Now, if they could add free drinks.......:)

Oliver

RCCL just contacted me about tomorrows cruise. They say not to arrive before 4pm. Boarding will take place between 6-8pm, with departure "after that" (probably 9-10pm)

Dinner: There will be one big buffet style "dinner" set up throughout the ship, no sit down dinner on Sunday.

Now, if they could add free drinks.......:)

Oliver

We were told that we will not be docking until about 3pm tomorrow. Sorry for the delay on your end - I know it really stinks - to put it nicely. Tomorrow they will be having the Invitation to Dance show and the Ice Show. The Dance was supposed to be last night and the Ice Show tonight at 5pm. The Ice Show is on for tomorrow at 1pm. Right now we have free internet. Hope you all have a great cruise!

I will also be on the explorer tomorrow. I was on the voyager a couple of years ago out of bayonne this same week and it was delayed coming in because of a storm. Boarding began around 7pm that time. Dinner was open seating that night and there was one welcome aboard show for everyone at 10 pm. We set sail around midnight. We were able to make up the time however and get to our first port almost on the scheduled time.

I will also be on the explorer tomorrow. I was on the voyager a couple of years ago out of bayonne this same week and it was delayed coming in because of a storm. Boarding began around 7pm that time. Dinner was open seating that night and there was one welcome aboard show for everyone at 10 pm. We set sail around midnight. We were able to make up the time however and get to our first port almost on the scheduled time.

We were also on that Voyager cruise, and we sat on our suitcases for hours at the terminal, waiting to board. That was a 9 night cruise and the delay didn't matter that much.

We won't be able to make up the time on this cruise to Bermuda, and that will give us a shorter stay in beautiful Bermuda.

Ginnie

Hello everyone !! I made it to Bayonne. . . well sort of. . . I am actually *near* Bayonne .It was about a 3 hour drive from my house.

The hotel I am at is actually next to the Newark International Airport (EWR). We are just across the Newark Bay from Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne.

As the crow flies. . .we are only 5 Miles from the Passenger Terminal. . . but since I am driving tomorrow; it will be a 9 mile drive.

I just read that the Explorer will arrive very late tomorrow. Hmmm. . . that means that we won't be leaving Bayonne untill about 7 or 8 PM. . . .

I always wanted to leave from the NYC area at night. It should be beautiful. ;) It might be a little cold to. . . . brrr. . . .

Thanks for all of the supportive comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We are looking forward to your live posts. You always have great photos, and current news. Hoping that the ship and current pax have a smooth end to their cruise, and easy debarkation.:)

Hello everyone ! Mrs Radio called to tell me the RCI left a message on our home phone about the ship being late. . . and a warning about not arriving at the pier until 4, and they suggested that the Explorer will leave at 7PM.

Here is a photo of the hotel where I will be tonight ! I know. . .I know. . . Pics of the Explorer will begin tomorrow ! ! :)

Radio

DSC06433.jpg

DSC06435.jpg

Is this Marriott considered the Airport Marriott? We're cruising in Feb on Explorer and have reservations for Marriott on Washington Blvd. Just wondering which one this is. Thanks.

This one is not the Airport Mariott. . . that one is very close to the Airport.

There are 2 Marriott's here (Marriott Residence Inn, and Marriott Courtyard) that are about 1.5 miles south of the Airport Marriott.

Radio

Hello everyone ! Mrs Radio called to tell me the RCI left a message on our home phone about the ship being late. . . and a warning about not arriving at the pier until 4, and they suggested that the Explorer will leave at 7PM.

Here is a photo of the hotel where I will be tonight ! I know. . .I know. . . Pics of the Explorer will begin tomorrow ! ! :)

Radio

DSC06433.jpg

DSC06435.jpg

Can't wait for the live stuff from the ship...Live from Hotel is OK too....you are at one of my favorites...i always stay there, the Courtyard or if those 2 are too much, the Country Inn!

Is this Marriott considered the Airport Marriott? We're cruising in Feb on Explorer and have reservations for Marriott on Washington Blvd. Just wondering which one this is. Thanks.

Nope...the ones in Radio's pix are the ones I always suggest..the Courtyard and Residence Inn Newark/Elizabeth on Glimcher Realty Way..the one you have reserved is in Jersey City.....it is close to the port and easy to get into NYC but parking is 14 bucks a day if you are parking...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ewrnw-courtyard-jersey-city-newport/

We are also here outside of newark about 15 miles, what a bummer! What are you going to do tomorrow all day? We have no idea, i guess we will stay here until check out and then.... i suggested shopping but mike gave me an eyebrow!!! Our kids just called with the message. I guess we will get there about 5 what do you think, maybe we can have our pre m&m in the holding area i will wear my lei!

I was going to suggest Jersey Gardens as well lol A fave place of mine :D

Liberty Science center isnt far....

Radio, I have heard great stuff about your "Live from Explorer...." reports- cant wait! I did a "live from...." this past July and will again this coming December on our 12 night Holiday sail... Have a wonderful time!

Radio

Radio, Suzanne (aqhacruiser) has posted that they were told that disembarkation will START at about 4:30.

You know how backed up the driveway in to the terminal gets when disembarkation hasn't ended and new passengers are already arriving...............:eek: :rolleyes:

We are also here outside of newark about 15 miles, what a bummer! What are you going to do tomorrow all day? We have no idea, i guess we will stay here until check out and then.... i suggested shopping but mike gave me an eyebrow!!! Our kids just called with the message. I guess we will get there about 5 what do you think, maybe we can have our pre m&m in the holding area i will wear my lei!

Dawn and Mike....Judi here. Reading the info on the delay on boarding tomorrow for you. Stay safe and be patient....things will go well for you!!

Love ya,

Judi and Steve

You know how backed up the driveway in to the terminal gets when disembarkation hasn't ended and new passengers are already arriving...............:eek: :rolleyes:

I was just thinking that. If they don't have the right traffic control there this afternoon, it's not going to be a pretty sight.

Archived