What does your screen name mean?

HoopTroop

I was a schoolteacher in area code 317. I've been using the name for quite some time, so it sticks with me, even though I've moved on to other career pursuits. Besides, teaching is still in my blood, and I still live in area code 317.

Yes, see that cute little dog in my avatar? That's Schmuppie. His real name is Sebastian, but one day my family was watching the Disney movie, "Hercules." One of the characters was talking about another one named Phil. She said, "Phil, Schmil!" I said to my kids, "Puppy, Schmuppie!" And it stuck.

We do still call him Sebastian, but more often than not, he's the Schmuppie.

Not so creative here either..... Geo is my DH, George and ME, of course, who does any and all matters related to computers.... Geo&Me. Love to travel, especially cruisin' and do it best together..... who needs anybody else? Geo & Me all the way! :p

Mine is pretty obvious. I am a huge fan of the Disney character Tinker Belle.

I am a BIG kid at heart and remember the first time we took our kids to Disney and were caught off guard when Tinker actually emerged from the top of the castle and glided overhead before the evening parade. One of those great moments to remember (like seeing those southern shore beaches on Bermuda for the first time!)

I have no earthly idea. When I was in high school I worked on a coke truck with this guy who called me "hunyok". Have no idea where he got it. Never have forgot it though. Had a lot of fun delivering bottled pop. His route was in the country so sometimes he let me drive. Nice guy.

Hi Hoop Troop. It is getting pretty cold up here, isn't it? They were predicting snow squalls last night, but I didn't see any.

Mine is another pretty simple screen name. About nine years ago a scruffy black and white cat adopted my late DH and me -- he just showed up and wouldn't leave. My DH was well known to hate cats, but he melted first. He told me that the cat looked hungry and I should feed it. I told him I didn't have any cat food. He suggested tuna, but all I had was a can of salmon. Well, that cat knew a good thing when he found it! He is now my "first-born" hairy son, who we named Dewey. When I told my sister that we took in a cat she replied that she would have believed my DH grew a third eye before she believed he adopted a cat! Dewey and DH were inseparable buddys to the end, and he still is the greatest stress-reliever I have ever found.

I tired a number of variations of my real name (Kathy) and some other names I liked, and they were all unavailable. Then, the name of a student in the first class I taught popped into my head, "Chrislynn". In thirty-one years of teaching, that was a one of a kind name and I always liked it. The "55" comes from the age I was when I joined Cruise Critic last year.

I grew up in Cali, Colombia and the women from there are called Calenas - with the~ over the n, but I don't have a Spanish keyboard here - Calena was unavailable, so I went for Calenita which is the diminutive, or a term of endearment.

I am neither a librarian or bookseller. I am just voracious reader. In fact, I once commented that one of the reasons why I don't want to consider Lasik surgery to correct my vision is that if something went wrong, audio books would be a poor substitute for the real thing.

Booklady by itself was already taken so I added 26, which is my wedding anniversary.

We have 2 rescued great danes.:D

We used to have a rescued Dane, but she is gone now. Such great dogs. Of course for many years before we switched from AOL to MSN, our email address was my3springers, guess that tells you what kind of dogs we have or had. Only one is still with us, he a the light of our lives.

Nita

of course my user name is very self explanatory. My problem, I guess when we leave NM next spring I will have to decide if I want to keep it and confuse everyone of switch to something else? Time will tell.

Nita

HoopTroop, what a great thread this is! And we are originally from Wisconsin, and LOVE the Bucks, Brewers, Packers, and Badgers. We named our Italian Greyhound "Bango" after the Bucks mascot...he is brown and white...looks a lot like Bango and has all the energy to match.

Anyhoo, our screen name is a combination of our first and last initials, then last name...gkrudi. Then we moved to Arizona many years ago and put the "AZ" in front of it. We've since lived all around the country, but the AZ thing just stuck.

GO BUCKS! (in Chinese too ;))

GO PACKERS!

BREWERS...OK, how about next year! :)

I have two Weimaraners, so I know all about the energy.

As a matter of fact, the screen name I use everywhere else is my dogs names as well. When I signed up for CC, I did not have dogs yet.

My first dog is named after the beer of the Bahamas, when my other half and I went on our first vacation, we went to the Bahamas. I said if we ever have a dog, they will be named Kalik, after the beer.

Well, I changed the spelling a bit, it is Kailek (like "pie" Kai-Leek), the beer may be pronounced differently.

My second dog is named Kailer. I chose this because the spelling is close and it reminded me of an episode of Beavis and Butt Head where the two run into a mean looking, tattooed, biker kind of guy, who, on his forehead had the word "Killer" tattooed.

Beavis and Butt Head started pronouncing it like ("pie" again),-"Kie-Ler". I always got a kick out of that. So, back to the name, I liked the idea the spelling was close, by just changing the last letter.

Now, the next dog will be Kaileb, not sure when we are getting that dog or what it will be, two are enough for our friends to handle when we cruise!

Back to where I was going, my screen name on everything else is KaileKailer!

Go Pack!

HoopTroop

Archived