What does your screen name mean?

HoopTroop

Hi Hoop Troop!

Mine is pretty obvious, especially with my current avatar. I live in Utah and my DH and I are fans of the University of Utah "Running Utes". For those of you who don't know, the Utes are the native American tribe from this area.

LOWTYD is also my license plate. It comes from my favorite place; low tide on Cape Cod Bay. For those of you who never been there, it is one of the few places you can watch some of hte most beautiful sunsets on the east coast and you can walk the flats waaaay out. It is a lot fun to play on, fly kites, make sand castles, people watch, look for sealife and just enjoy the scenery. I highly reccommend it!:D

My name is Marilyn but my family has always called me Mares (why I don't know) but anyway when I was thinking of a "name" I decided that I do love to cruise - been on 12 and will be going to Hawaii in February - so I came up with seamares for either the love of the sea or for those little seahorses, either way it has been my name.

"Morty" was my daughter's basset hound puppy that we lost at the age of 4 to liver cancer. He was one of a kind...so my name is in memory of him. I know....I really was his grandma...but we shared him so he was half mine too.

Quincee was my beloved choc lab retriever. Where ever I was in the house, Quincee was never more than 5 feet away. When she was a little puppy, she "lived" under my work desk (I was a telecommuter for years). Once my computer went dead while I was working away, and lo and behold, Quincee had eaten through my phone cord. Quincee was diagnosed with Cushings Disease when she was about 3 1/2 yrs old, but she had symptons for about a year prior to the diagnosis. We were able to treat her symptons for a little over a year, but eventually it affected her entire body and we had to put her to sleep at 5 years old (just a year and a half ago). We had lost our little mixed breed just 6 months prior (Dooley was 15 yrs old and the yrs just caught up with her). Last year, we adopted a beautiful Golden Ret puppy and a Chow/Keeshond mix puppy - Cooper and Jetta - but I never had it in my heart to change my user name.

So I am forever Quincee's mom.

Archived